Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cortana: Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. No one mentioned about disabling Cortana by simply using a foreign language like NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      so you are admitting that New Zealanders don't speak English then?
      According to MS only the US, UK, Canada, India and Australia speak English.
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        According to MS only the US, UK, Canada, India and Australia speak English.
        Hmmm . . . maybe that's why we have such a hard time understanding Starlight.
        We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
          Hmmm . . . maybe that's why we have such a hard time understanding Starlight.
          Nope, I have a harder time understanding him.

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

So why not just set your pc to us or U.K. English?

Comment

So why not just set your pc to us or U.K. English?
              because US English Locale puts all the dates and things wrong. And UK English locale wants to use the £ symbol on all currency figures (so spreadsheets and the like)

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

because US English Locale puts all the dates and things wrong. And UK English locale wants to use the £ symbol on all currency figures (so spreadsheets and the like)
                Yeah, sometimes Microsoft's automatic helps can be more nuisance than help.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Also I think the other difference is that Cortana tries to adapt to the different accents.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Yeah, sometimes Microsoft's automatic helps can be more nuisance than help.
                    Perhaps not QUITE as bad as "Hello, I'm from the IRS and I'm here to help you..."
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Perhaps not QUITE as bad as "Hello, I'm from the IRS and I'm here to help you..."
                      Well, yeah. It's perfectly safe to express displeasure at Microsoft "help".
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

looking at my cortana settings, it has it's own language setting. So it should be separate from the keyboard and PC language settings.

cortana-change-language.jpg

Comment

looking at my cortana settings, it has it's own language setting. So it should be separate from the keyboard and PC language settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20432[/ATTACH]
                          I think that's a fairly recent change. It used to be tied into the PC language settings, with no option to change it.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment