Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats pushing racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats pushing racism

The House Democrats appear to be racists in that everything that the president says is interpreted to be racist. Thus the Democrats hear racism in everything because that is the mindset of the Democrats. (If Democrats aren't racist, they sure are supportive of the political use of racism.)

The effect is to increase division in the country. If there is any amount of racism and division in this country, the Democratic continuous magnification of this issue just agitates minorities, who start to think the issue as bigger than it is. The Democratic magnification of the issue also provokes extremist groups of leftist and rightist viewpoints into violence.

There is nothing as hateful and harmful in this country right now as the promulgation of politicized racist remarks by the media and the House. The Democrats seem to be focused on promoting this division; it seems the Democrats seek uprisings.

Are the Democrats enhancing the racism in this country or are they calming the country down?

Have Democrats denounced the type of behavior of Antifa and other leftist extremists?

Who is in support of this racist propaganda?
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 08-06-2019, 02:36 PM.

All this does is devalue the concept of "racist". It becomes just another word - a name to call somebody you don't like. It does nothing to address the real problems of racism.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You Nazi!

Of the spelling/grammar variety

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think we are seeing the Democratic Party coming unhinged - possibly a real party shift is in action. They are acting like drowning men - ignore what they say, pitch them a life preserver and DON'T get too close or they'll pull you under!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          ignore what they say
          Yes!

DON'T get too close or they'll pull you under!
          Yes!

pitch them a life preserver
          Why?
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The President literally spoke out against Racism and specifically White Nationalism and the MSM is going around calling him a racist and blaming him for the shootings. And as noted in another thread, made the NYT change a headline for today's paper where they mentioned Trump spoke against racism.

So they complain that Trump won't condemn White Nationalists and Racism which means he is a Nazi, but when he does, he is still a Nazi.

Trump: "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hatred has no place in America.”

The MSM's response?

Trump Is a White Nationalist Who Inspires Terrorism
            Don’t pretend his teleprompter speech changes anything.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/o...supremacy.html

Trump’s speech would be laughable if it weren’t so infuriating

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...?noredirect=on

After El Paso, We Can No Longer Ignore Trump’s Role in Inspiring Mass Shootings
            https://theintercept.com/2019/08/04/...-donald-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              The President literally spoke out against Racism and specifically White Nationalism and the MSM is going around calling him a racist and blaming him for the shootings. And as noted in another thread, made the NYT change a headline for today's paper where they mentioned Trump spoke against racism.

So they complain that Trump won't condemn White Nationalists and Racism which means he is a Nazi, but when he does, he is still a Nazi.

Trump: "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hatred has no place in America.”

The MSM's response?

Trump Is a White Nationalist Who Inspires Terrorism
              Don’t pretend his teleprompter speech changes anything.
              https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/o...supremacy.html

Trump’s speech would be laughable if it weren’t so infuriating

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...?noredirect=on

After El Paso, We Can No Longer Ignore Trump’s Role in Inspiring Mass Shootings
              https://theintercept.com/2019/08/04/...-donald-trump/
              Meanwhile liberal politicians seem to have taken a vow of silence wrt undeniable left-wing mass shooters like the posterboy for antifa in Dayton, Ohio. Of course it would be unthinkable for the MSM to ask them to condemn the actions of their fellow travelers.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Meanwhile liberal politicians seem to have taken a vow of silence wrt undeniable left-wing mass shooters like the posterboy for antifa in Dayton, Ohio. Of course it would be unthinkable for the MSM to ask them to condemn the actions of their fellow travelers.
                It is still Trump's fault, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  The House Democrats appear to be racists in that everything that the president says is interpreted to be racist. Thus the Democrats hear racism in everything because that is the mindset of the Democrats. (If Democrats aren't racist, they sure are supportive of the political use of racism.)

The effect is to increase division in the country. If there is any amount of racism and division in this country, the Democratic continuous magnification of this issue just agitates minorities, who start to think the issue as bigger than it is. The Democratic magnification of the issue also provokes extremist groups of leftist and rightist viewpoints into violence.

There is nothing as hateful and harmful in this country right now as the promulgation of politicized racist remarks by the media and the House. The Democrats seem to be focused on promoting this division; it seems the Democrats seek uprisings.

Are the Democrats enhancing the racism in this country or are they calming the country down?

Have Democrats denounced the type of behavior of Antifa and other leftist extremists?

Who is in support of this racist propaganda?
                  hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-07-2019, 08:33 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.

Jim
                    Perhaps you can explain how, for instance, saying that Baltimore is infested with rats was racist. Especially considering that others including Bernie Sanders and even the current mayor (a black Democrat) have made similar observations.

Or maybe saying that there are a lot of criminals among illegal immigrants from Mexico was racist. The TDS crowd had to twist his words by saying he meant all Mexican immigrants to do so. When you have to lie to support your claim you are admitting to be on very shaky ground with your allegations.

Or when he specifically called members of MS-13 "animals" was racist. Again the TDS crowd had to deliberately lie and claim he said that Hispanics are animals as they rushed in to defend and coddle these murderous thugs.

I could continue with examples of Trump's "racism" like this until I ran past the limit of characters in a post, the point being that the claim that he "regularly engages in racist rhetoric" is largely based on things like these.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Exactly. Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth. Under normal circumstances they would be too intelligent to use those methods but when challenged on Trump, they are forced to rely on such methods.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        F.I.F.Y.

That's all you do Chuck, is run around trying to instigate stuff. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          F.I.F.Y.

That's all you do Chuck, is run around trying to instigate stuff. Sad.
                          Quite good indication that I got it right, when I wrote: "Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth."
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Quite good indication that I got it right, when I wrote: "Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              All this does is devalue the concept of "racist". It becomes just another word - a name to call somebody you don't like. It does nothing to address the real problems of racism.
                              Thing is, racism is a minority view in America. Yes, there are racists, and racist attitudes, but they're not prevalent, and society in general does not consider it acceptable, and so racists and racism are largely marginalized. We live in a society where with few exceptions, minorities can go wherever they want, shop wherever they want, eat wherever they want, work wherever they want, marry whoever they want...

But liberals long ago recognized that there is power in oppression, and so they are desperate to keep racism alive.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment