Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Colorado Students Walk Out Of School Shooting Vigil After It Turns Political

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The subject of my reference to guilty knowledge had nothing to do with hijacking memorials. It would be absurd to say not hijacking memorials for any political purpose displayed guilty knowledge. It's just common decency not to do that.

And indeed, I didn't mention memorials in that paragraph at all. I was making the point that there are no emotions to manipulate ANYWHERE for gun rights after a mass shooting. I was referencing the fact that when a mass shooting occurs, the gun rights lobbyists lay low a bit and wait till the emotions ebb. And in doing so (laying low) they display a guilty knowledge that easy access to guns is part of the problem, in spite of the fact their rhetoric says otherwise.

Jim
    Do you really think it's fair to accuse them of "guilt knowledge", and "laying low" rather than just decency and good common sense not to inflame a situation?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Do you really think it's fair to accuse them of "guilt knowledge", and "laying low" rather than just decency and good common sense not to inflame a situation?
      Not when they are unwilling to admit easy access to very powerful weaponry is part of the problem. Not when they fight nearly every attempt to reduce the probability a nutcase can get his hands on weapons capable of killing 10 or more people in a few seconds.

The problem is the dishonesty that accompanies that kind of rhetoric. That is the 'guilty knowledge' that is displayed. The gun rights lobby needs to get on board to reasonable restrictions and vigorous enforcement that can help reduce access by known high risk users of that weaponry while they are trying to uphold 2nd amendment rights.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-16-2019, 09:31 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not when they are unwilling to admit easy access to very powerful weaponry is part of the problem. Not when they fight nearly every attempt to reduce the probability a nutcase can get his hands on weapons capable of killing 10 or more people in a few seconds.

The problem is the dishonesty that accompanies that kind of rhetoric. That is the 'guilty knowledge' that is displayed. The gun rights lobby needs to get on board to reasonable restrictions and vigorous enforcement that can help reduce access by known high risk users of that weaponry while they are trying to uphold 2nd amendment rights.

Jim
        What percent of the available guns in the country are actually used in a mass shooting? If the gun lobby has "guilty knowledge" that a sliver of a fraction of a percent of their product will cause a death, yet they supposedly also know their product's sole intent was made to kill, then their product can be judged as an abject and unmitigated failure.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Jim
          I will note that you're specifically referring to the gun lobby, and not individual 2nd amendment supporters.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
            Why is it anytime a tragedy happens these democrats have to make it political, sheesh they cannot even give it a few days before they start spouting their tripe.
            Republicans aren't innocent here, but they are rank amateurs compared to the Democrats. Back when she was still relevant, Hillary was a true champion at this. Several times she was out exploiting a tragedy to push her own agenda within 4 or 5 hours after it happened.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment