Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jimmy!!!! You joined the Cabal!!!!!
    Actually CP, you are complicit with the Cabal, apparently you're just too ignorant to recognise it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Actually CP, you are complicit with the Cabal, apparently you're just too ignorant to recognise it.
      Well, no, cause the Cabal is trying to take down Trump, and they're being exposed as such. Stay tuned, JimmyPoo!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think Jimmy needs to be reminded of the ground rules of this thread. From the first post:

Having beaten the COLLUSION horse to death, I thought it would be good to look at the FISA Probe.

This thread is NOT an "I hate Trump" thread, so please leave that elsewhere.
        This thread is NOT a rehash of the whole COLLUSION / OBSTRUCTION thing - there are plenty of places to spew forth ignorance on that.

This is specifically about the FISA requests, and the IG probe (or other investigations) into same.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well, no, cause the Cabal is trying to take down Trump, and they're being exposed as such. Stay tuned, JimmyPoo!
          Wrong oh blind one, the Cabal, that is the Trump Administration, is trying to take down Democracy, and yes, they, not to mention the complicity of the GOP are being exposed as such. Tune in, dimwit!

Comment

As MM has just pointed out, you are apparently in violation of the OP, so I'd suggest you comply or leave. Please consider that an official warning.

Thanks, MM, for the reminder.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As MM has just pointed out, you are apparently in violation of the OP, so I'd suggest you comply or leave. Please consider that an official warning.

Thanks, MM, for the reminder.
              Okay, and I suggest you do the same.

Comment

Okay, and I suggest you do the same.
                I have suggested to the moderating team that your ant-Trump derails be moved to your very own thread, Jimmy. Now, you've had your one free response to the warning - do not respond any further.

Comment

Like I said in another thread, my thinking is that they will delay any impeachment try until the last minute, so if they can get it passed they will stop Trump from being able to run again next year, and at the same time, make it so that the Republican candidate field is empty. Then they can steal the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Like I said in another thread, my thinking is that they will delay any impeachment try until the last minute, so if they can get it passed they will stop Trump from being able to run again next year, and at the same time, make it so that the Republican candidate field is empty. Then they can steal the election.
                    Yes, but time is not on their side. They may not have the luxury of waiting until next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I humbly disagree - the impeachment doesn't prevent Trump from running. If he's actually impeached, and it goes to the Senate for trial, he could be removed. I think all that a last minute impeachment attempt would accomplish is rallying the pro-Trump troops because of the obviousness of the underhanded tactic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I humbly disagree - the impeachment doesn't prevent Trump from running. If he's actually impeached, and it goes to the Senate for trial, he could be removed. I think all that a last minute impeachment attempt would accomplish is rallying the pro-Trump troops because of the obviousness of the underhanded tactic.
                        Hope so. Yeah I don't think they can get it through the senate. That would nip it in the bud. I was thinking if they could actually get it through, then I don't think an impeached President would be eligible to run for re-election, would he?

Comment

Hope so. Yeah I don't think they can get it through the senate. That would nip it in the bud. I was thinking if they could actually get it through, then I don't think an impeached President would be eligible to run for re-election, would he?
                          No.

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7 of the Constitution says:
                          Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

So the Senate has the power to vote separately on removal (by supermajority) and/or disqualification (by simple majority), but the one does not imply the other.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't know of any restriction on an impeached individual from running for office - as far as I can tell, it's only the Senate that can remove (by supermajority) or disqualify (by simple majority) a person from holding office. And since the Senate doesn't even get the matter until the House actually impeaches....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Have you not bothered to read anything that's been posted in this thread? Lots of "fact thingies" here for you to digest.
                              MM you forget NPC JimL is programmed only to accept assertions that fit the false narrative his leftist programmers have coded into him they have also managed to install a protection from facts program to quarantine any fact that he reads

Comment

• Nancy Pelosi once again tamps down calls for impeachment.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-impeachment/

Comment