Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    What I’m arguing, and several times said already, is that I consider ILGA had poor vetting procedures and made an error of judgement...which it later rectified. This is not to ILGA’s credit certainly, but understandable given that ILGA was still in the process of formation and at that time comprised over 400 self-governing bodies of which NAMBLA was just one.
    So they couldn't tell a group that called themselves the Man Boy Love Association who openly admitted to being pedophiles were in fact a pedophile organization? For 10 years? You ARE calling them stupid.

The only reason they distanced themselves from NAMBLA was because the united nations suspended IGLA's status because of their association with pedophile organizations. NAMBLA wasn't the only one!

===============
    U.N. Suspends Group in Dispute Over Pedophilia
    Published: September 18, 1994

UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 16— The United Nations has suspended the only organization here that represents gay and lesbian rights because of its perceived links to groups that promote pedophilia.

The United States argued that pedophilia was inconsistent with the United Nations Charter's provisions on the rights of the children and that members of the International Lesbian and Gay Association -- an umbrella group representing gay and lesbian groups worldwide -- supported and condoned such behavior.

Senator Jesse Helms, Republican of North Carolina, later added an amendment to a Congressional Foreign Relations authorization bill making financing to the United Nations and associated bodies contingent on a certification that they did not support pedophilia nor grant any official status to "any organization which promotes, condones or seeks the legalization of pedophilia."

In June, several groups, including the North American Man-Boy Love Association, were expelled from the International Lesbian and Gay Association, which declared that pedophilia was not consistent with its aims. But when asked by the United States to vouch that none of it members condoned such behavior, the International Lesbian and Gay Association said it could not.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/09/18/wo...edophilia.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      This is interesting. I have been trying to find the date that ILGA accepted NAMBLA. I found - on a site I can't link to here because of profanity and other content - a link to ILGA's history, but when you try to go to that link....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25140[/ATTACH]

Yup --- The requested page "/about-us/1978-2007-a-chronology/" could not be found.

We know that ILGA was founded August 8, 1978, and NAMBLA was founded December 2 of that same year.

I think we have assumed that NAMBLA was accepted by ILGA in 1983, but it appears that ILGA was internally debating about pedophilia members all along.

Two other pedophile organizations were also members of ILGA - Project Truth/ Free Will and Vereniging Martijn.

According to an academic paper written in 1994...

Throughout the history of NAMBLA's membership, ILGA members have debated the validity of paedophile member groups, and the statement on Child Protection came closest to representing a firm stance on the issue. However, any decisions beyond this statement were not made.

So, not only does ILGA know that NAMBLA is a bunch of perverts, they're reconsidering the membership of at least two other pedophile member groups as well.

So much for "the fledgling ILGA had poor vetting processes".
      Have you tried looking for the page at archive.org?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Have you tried looking for the page at archive.org?
        It was late and I was headed to bed.

It's not that big of a deal, since I've found other sources that support the fact that ILGA knew it had pedophilia organizations as members, and was debating along those 10 years about what to do. It was the outcry from Jesse Helms that caused them to decide to do something.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nonsense! You explicitly said that ILGA deliberately encouraged “a bunch of perverts” in your penultimate post above.
          Can you please use the quote function and show my actual statement?

The bit that says: “So, not only does ILGA know that NAMBLA is a bunch of perverts, they're reconsidering the membership of at least two other pedophile member groups as well. So much for "the fledgling ILGA had poor vetting processes".
          That by NO means implies that they "deliberately encouraged “a bunch of perverts”" - Tassy, you need to dial down the hysterical drama.

It's precisely because of its initially poor vetting procedures. ILGA says so. “In 1994, ILGA expelled NAMBLA and two other paedophile groups at its World Conference in New York. These groups had joined ILGA at an earlier stage of ILGA’s development, at a time when ILGA did not have in place administrative procedures to scrutinize the constitutions and policies of groups seeking membership. At no time, however, did ILGA support or endorse their positions, and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.

http://ilga.org/ilga-ecosoc-status-controversy
          After the fact, ILGA, caught red-handed with a bunch of perverts in their group, is naturally going to do the same thing you're doing -- putting lipstick on the pig.

They knew all along they had the pedophiles with them, and were debating what to do about it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well it wasn’t a “well known pedophile group” back then was it dummy?
            Hmmm... weak point, call names.

It was inaugurated c.1978, i.e. around the same time ILGA began.
            ILGA knew who they were, and accepted at least 2 other pedophile groups into their membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              If we accept Tass' premise then NAMBLA proceeded to somehow fool them for a decade. Really?

Yup, his argument boils down to "ILGA was made up of a bunch of really stupid people". A rather homophobic claim, I'd say.

Comment

Hmmm... weak point, call names.

ILGA knew who they were, and accepted at least 2 other pedophile groups into their membership.
                Yeah, thats because, as you already know CP, LGBT people are all perverts who support pedophilia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Yeah, thats because, as you already know CP, LGBT people are all perverts who support pedophilia.
                  I'll have to take your word on how perverse LGBT people are, Jimmy, because I neither stated nor implied any such thing. But, we now have you on record condemning LGBT people.

And Tassy is on record implying they're really stupid, as well.

Good job, guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    actually, at the time homosexuality was considered a perversion by most people so maybe they thought they would gang up with other groups that people thought were perverts and lobby to change their minds. The more groups they could incorporate the larger their numbers would be and the greater their influence. Then later when it became inconvenient they tossed them out because being gay had gotten more mainstream and they wanted to distance themselves from their previous buddies who were holding them back and making them look bad.
                    Last edited by Sparko; 12-01-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      actually, at the time homosexuality was considered a perversion by most people so maybe they thought they would gang up with other groups that people thought were perverts and lobby to change their minds. The more groups they could incorporate the larger their numbers would be and the greater their influence. Then later when it became inconvenient they tossed them out because being gay had gotten more mainstream and they didn't wanted to distance themselves from their previous buddies who were holding them back and making them look bad.
                      ^ That!

And that would explain why there was consternation within the ranks of ILGA for the entire time those groups were members. Some of ILGA leadership probably knew it was a big mistake, but others were likely advocating for the "solidarity" of anti-establishment advocacy.

Comment

After the fact, ILGA, caught red-handed with a bunch of perverts in their group, is naturally going to do the same thing you're doing -- putting lipstick on the pig.

They knew all along they had the pedophiles with them, and were debating what to do about it.
                        You’re determined to put the worst possible spin on it. Why do you feel the need to do this? ILGA has explained how NAMBA ended up under its umbrella as one of hundreds of self-governing organisations... namely poor vetting procedures. ILGA says so and I see no reason to doubt them. Why do you? It's not as though ILGA endorses pedophilia, quite the contrary.

“In 1994, ILGA expelled NAMBLA and two other paedophile groups at its World Conference in New York. These groups had joined ILGA at an earlier stage of ILGA’s development, at a time when ILGA did not have in place administrative procedures to scrutinize the constitutions and policies of groups seeking membership. At no time, however, did ILGA support or endorse their positions, and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.

http://ilga.org/ilga-ecosoc-status-controversy
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You’re determined to put the worst possible spin on it.
                          Actually, I'm just citing facts. You're the one who seems desperate to put a spin on it.

Comment

Actually, I'm just citing facts. You're the one who seems desperate to put a spin on it.
                            The “facts” are straightforward. At no time did ILGA support or endorse NAMBLA’s agenda and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The “facts” are straightforward.
                              And I posted them verbatim.

At no time did ILGA support or endorse NAMBLA’s agenda
                              You're trying to prove a negative. You don't know that.

and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.
                              That's not what the record shows. That's your interpretation. So, I post facts, you post opinions.

Comment

The “facts” are straightforward. At no time did ILGA support or endorse NAMBLA’s agenda and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.
                                But according to JimL, NAMBLA's agenda is either unknown, or no big deal.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment