Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Hardstyle
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Supercell - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

And I don't even understand Japanese.

Comment

80s New Wave band Flock 14:

Comment

At work: usually Above & Beyond's "Trance around the world with Above & Beyond" podcasts.

At home: usually nothing, although sometimes I like listening to 80's music.

In the car: I alternate between NPR, classical, and silence. Occasionally I'll get bored and flip through the FM channels, but that is more to exercise my fingers than it is to find anything that I want to listen to.
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
            At work: usually Above & Beyond's "Trance around the world with Above & Beyond" podcasts.

At home: usually nothing, although sometimes I like listening to 80's music.

In the car: I alternate between NPR, classical, and silence. Occasionally I'll get bored and flip through the FM channels, but that is more to exercise my fingers than it is to find anything that I want to listen to.
            Wow you listen to above and beyond?
            shocking
            "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
            "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
            Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Fair to Midland - Kyla Cries Cologne
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Orden Ogan - The Things We Believe In

Some phenomenal power metal right here.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Orden Ogan - The Things We Believe In

Some phenomenal power metal right here.
                  Agreed.

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Agreed.

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
                    That was...different. Definitely not what I typically listen to. And that cover art.

But thanks for giving my similarly unusual music a listen.

Comment

Road of Major - KokoroE

Road of Major - Saraba Aoki Omokage
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2KsVpMCo8

The first two openings (although the YT clip I embedded is the version from season 6, as opposed to the one used in season 1) of one of the better anime series out there (Major). I got hooked instantly and I don't even have the slightest interest in baseball (which this series is all about).

I tried to find some good translations of the lyrics somewhere, but gave up. So anyone interested in what they're actually singing will have to search for the translations themselves.
                      Last edited by JonathanL; 03-13-2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Rise Against - Savior

Comment

So my music tastes are quite a bit more extreme than most people's (though sometimes I forget just how much more extreme they are), but I just have to share this song. A song from the upcoming album by A Hill to Die Upon, and interestingly, the lyrics are a poem by C.S. Lewis:

Comment

Yuzu - Sabaku No Merry Go Round
                            https://soundcloud.com/kyooma-durend...abaku-no-merry

Couldn't find a youtube version, so here's a soundcloud link.

Comment

Past Unbelievable podcast episodes

Comment

I recently got several The Devil Wears Prada albums from my local library, and have been listening to 8:18 pretty much on a loop ever since.

Here's the first song on the album:

Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment