Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nder-sprinter/

Andraya Yearwood, a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School, is one of two transgender high school sprinters in Connecticut, transitioning to female.

She [sic] recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Andraya Yearwood, a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School, is one of two transgender high school sprinters in Connecticut, transitioning to female.

She [sic] recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.
    Yet another case of the liberals' social engineering coming back to bite them. After decades of "women's rights", the women get trampled by the left's next fascination - transgenderism.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, this is a big deal in my state - if this keeps up a girl will never win another event.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yet another case of the liberals' social engineering coming back to bite them. After decades of "women's rights", the women get trampled by the left's next fascination - transgenderism.
        ^That.

I don't understand how the liberals are not up in arms about White Men trying to horn in on Women's Gender. They get upset if a white person sells tacos or wears the wrong dress, or black face. It is racial or cultural "appropriation" but they don't see a man pretending to be a woman as "gender appropriation" - which it clearly is. They are claiming that just because they want to "self-identify" as a woman they have to be treated as a woman in all ways, even if they have not had a lick of surgery. They can claim to have a "woman-owned" business, compete in women's sports, etc. Any gains women have made in equal rights or benefits mean nothing because now a man can just claim to be a woman and take that right away from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          ^That.

I don't understand how the liberals are not up in arms about White Men trying to horn in on Women's Gender. They get upset if a white person sells tacos or wears the wrong dress, or black face. It is racial or cultural "appropriation" but they don't see a man pretending to be a woman as "gender appropriation" - which it clearly is. They are claiming that just because they want to "self-identify" as a woman they have to be treated as a woman in all ways, even if they have not had a lick of surgery. They can claim to have a "woman-owned" business, compete in women's sports, etc. Any gains women have made in equal rights or benefits mean nothing because now a man can just claim to be a woman and take that right away from them again.
          Moss referenced this earlier....And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Yeah, this is a big deal in my state - if this keeps up a girl will never win another event.
            But giving women preferential treatment, even if it's as simple holding a door open for them, is demeaning according to liberals, so this is just treating them as equals.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The Testosterone-Fueled He-Men of Women’s Sports

A college friend from Connecticut told this joke (it was also a joke made at the expense of Michigan Tech, the engineering school in the frigid U.P.) about Maine: “Maine, where the men are men, and women are, too.” Well. Connecticut could teach Maine a thing or two about women being men. This month, two boys competing as girls won first and second at Connecticut’s indoor track championships. “Good” people applaud this.

I’ve written before about how transgenderism destroys Title IX sports opportunities for girls and how this absurdly anti-science and anti-women stance will destroy women’s sports.

The image on the front page of the newspaper is revealing. It perfectly displays the differences between female and male anatomy and the biological advantages genetic males have against women even when the men use hormone blockers.

Look at the broadness of shoulders of the biological males compared to the biological females. Female sprinters (good ones) tend to have broader shoulders and narrower hips, but still cannot match the anatomical advantages that a biological male does. In addition, all females, even masculine ones, have a wider Q-angle. That’s the hip to knee ratio. And here, that difference is again obvious. Finally, look at the muscle density. The biological girls could work out their whole lives and not build that muscle naturally. Now, if they use testosterone and human growth hormones and steroids, maybe.

The 1976 East German swim team girls who were doped without their knowledge looked like this:

And still, they would have been beaten by guys. Easily. Why? Because even with the hormonal advantages of doping, their biology is still inferior to a man’s when it comes to the Q-angle, hip-shoulder ratio, muscle density, and most importantly, for swimming, lung volume.

Regarding hormones, men do not suddenly have more testosterone in puberty. To the contrary, boys, even in the intrauterine environment, are washed in different hormone concentrations than girls. They grow more quickly than girls. They’re different in babyhood. It happens again in toddlerhood. It happens finally, forcing secondary sex characteristics in puberty.

This is science. And then, these boys, who would be average athletes if they were to run, swim, wrestle, etc. against other boys, demolish the field because of their formidable, and unfair, biological advantages. The girls running against the boys know the difference....

Comment

Are there any documented cases of female-to-male transgender athletes demanding to compete against men like this?
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                  Are there any documented cases of female-to-male transgender athletes demanding to compete against men like this?
                  interesting

Comment

Yes. But she is still competing against girls, and has a testosterone-fueled win streak.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...title-defense/
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I know there was a woman who tried to compete on a men's arena football team, which went about as well as you would expect, but she wasn't transgender.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I know there was a woman who tried to compete on a men's arena football team, which went about as well as you would expect, but she wasn't transgender.
                        Are you trying to advance the nutty notion that men and women are DIFFERENT?

Comment

Yes. But she is still competing against girls, and has a testosterone-fueled win streak.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...title-defense/
                          I suspect that win streak would grind to a sudden halt if she ever competed against men.

Comment

Judge for yourself...

Comment

Several years ago there was a series of programs on PBS hosted by Alan Alda that dealt with what it meant to be human (broadly speaking. One episode mentioned a bunch of studies (and repeated some of them in front of the camera) that revealed that even in infancy, long before society could possibly impress gender roles or expectations on them, boys and girls are profoundly different. Or as Alda said (paraphrasing), something that parents who had raised both boys and girls already knew.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment