Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    well if you can't show that you know what the actual discussion is about, then stay out of it. You don't even know what the topic is.
    Changing subject again, Sparko? Avoiding every point by pointing to something beside the point and making "you don't know" claims instead of confronting the points?
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Changing subject again, Sparko? Avoiding every point by pointing to something beside the point and making "you don't know" claims instead of confronting the points?
      How is asking you to summarize the discussion avoiding a point? He's asking if you even know what the point is...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        You are the one who keeps changing the subject. Please show that you even know what Roy and I are discussing or leave the discussion to us.

Comment

To be fair I was using the term interchangeably except when speaking about the WW2 Nazis as not being fascists.

Clarification of my last post:

So you think all white supremacists are [neo]Nazis? The Neo-Nazis are a specific group. White supremacists include [neo]Nazis and KKK but KKK are not the [neo]Nazis and All white supremacists are not [neo]Nazis. In fact if you want to get technical, [actual ww2] Nazis were not Fascists. Those were a specific group down in Italy in WW2 who were not even white supremacists.

Venn Diagram of what I am saying:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24021[/ATTACH]
          Your substanceless replies show a continuing unwillingness to clarify your own position. For shame!
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Your substanceless replies show a continuing unwillingness to clarify your own position. For shame!
            You fascist!*

* and by fascist, I mean Nazi. Or KKK, or White supremacist, or Republican. But definitely NOT Antifa. Nope. Nosiree. That would be wrong.
            Last edited by Sparko; 09-11-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

We are not David Duke. Nice attempt at moving the goal posts. I was talking about twebbers, which you accused of being Nazi supporters just because we defended the constitution and at no time defended the Nazi views of the KKK or White supremacists.
              TWebber’s such as MM and you support Trump and Trump is supported by the KKK and neo-Nazis. The latter was recognised by those on all sides of politics who distanced themselves from Trump over his moral equivalency stance, whilst the Twebber's continue to defend it. Interesting!

And regarding KKK thanking Trump? So what? How can Trump determine who supports him.
              By playing to their prejudices! David Duke picked up on it and thanked Trump for it.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

To be fair I was using the term interchangeably except when speaking about the WW2 Nazis as not being fascists.

Clarification of my last post:

So you think all white supremacists are [neo]Nazis? The Neo-Nazis are a specific group. White supremacists include [neo]Nazis and KKK but KKK are not the [neo]Nazis and All white supremacists are not [neo]Nazis. In fact if you want to get technical, [actual ww2] Nazis were not Fascists. Those were a specific group down in Italy in WW2 who were not even white supremacists.
                Nah, the Nazis were fascists, or perhaps more accurately, a specific kind of fascism. The Nazis were fascists, but not all the fascists were Nazis.

Comment

Venn Diagram of what I am saying:
                  Thanks Sparko.

That's similar to my own understanding, except that I'd include another circle for 'fascists' as opposed to 'Fascists', i.e. those who uphold fascism but who weren't necessarily members of the Italian Fascist movement.* 'fascists' would include Fascists and WW2 Nazis, and overlap with white supremacists and neo-Nazis but maybe not the KKK.**

*Similar to not all communists being Communists, not all democrats being Democrats, not all greens being Greens etc etc etc.

**I don't know much about their stance on industry, assuming they have a consistent one.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    Nah, the Nazis were fascists, or perhaps more accurately, a specific kind of fascism. The Nazis were fascists, but not all the fascists were Nazis.
                    Yup - effectively Nazism ≈ fascism + Aryan supremacy + anti-Semitism + eugenics + territorial expansion + pro-life.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      TWebber’s such as MM and you support Trump and Trump is supported by the KKK and neo-Nazis. The latter was recognised by those on all sides of politics who distanced themselves from Trump over his moral equivalency stance, whilst the Twebber's continue to defend it. Interesting!

By playing to their prejudices! David Duke picked up on it and thanked Trump for it.
                      One. I support Trump because he is our President. I don't particularly like him, although I do like how he upsets fools like you and Starlight and the other snowflakes. That is the main reason I voted for him, other than I would vote for a hyena over Hillary.

Two, just because the KKK likes Trump doesn't make Trump like them or support them. Like I said, many racist groups supported Hillary, like the Black Panthers, so does that make YOU or the other Hillary supporters racist black panthers? In fact, Hillary actually supported some racists and racist groups herself.

Comment

Let's see... I see one of your locations is Sydney. Given the fact that Australia was originally a penal colony does that make you a criminal? Should I worry for my safety and the safety of others because of your association with Sydney?

Please, Tassman... the whole guilt by association shtick is a fallacy and an asinine one at that. Trump as a politician has no control over his supporters' views and as Sparko has pointed out-Hillary isn't so squeaky clean on that score herself. Try picking something other than nits for a change.
                        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Thanks Sparko.

That's similar to my own understanding, except that I'd include another circle for 'fascists' as opposed to 'Fascists', i.e. those who uphold fascism but who weren't necessarily members of the Italian Fascist movement.* 'fascists' would include Fascists and WW2 Nazis, and overlap with white supremacists and neo-Nazis but maybe not the KKK.**

*Similar to not all communists being Communists, not all democrats being Democrats, not all greens being Greens etc etc etc.

**I don't know much about their stance on industry, assuming they have a consistent one.
                          This goes back to my original use of "fascist" and tassman's. It has become a pejorative to mean anyone who is against freedom and is authoritarian in their actions. Which the Antifa fits. Perhaps I should clarify: The Antifa behaves in the same manner as fascists even though they might not fit the exact definition or have the same political goals (dictatorship)

better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Yup - effectively Nazism ≈ fascism + Aryan supremacy + anti-Semitism + eugenics + territorial expansion + pro-life.
                            er what? Nazis were pro-life?

Comment

Not necessarily. Sparko and Duke may be supporting Trump for completely different reasons, especially in a political climate where there are many policy options but only two candidates. And even if they both support Trump for the same reason, that doesn't mean either that that one reason is bad or that they have similar views on other matters. Sparko and Duke both preferring Trump over Clinton may have no more significance than Sparko and Duke both preferring bacon over sausages.

Comment

er what? Nazis were pro-life?
                                Yes. They banned abortion among Aryans. They imprisoned those who sought or performed one. Didn't you know?

Comment