Mary Mother of God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Sorry, I sort of lost interest in wading through hansgeorg's handwaving. However, I do want to respond to this:

There is no such command. There is a prohibition against vain repetitions. Contextually, that is repeating prayers in hopes that thereby they will be heard.

It is done to remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
      I have nothing against any of the things you positively said for Mary, but you seem to miss part of Her privileges.

Blessed is said four times of women in OT.

Two are blessed [in some limited respect] among women, Mary is [without such limitation] blessed among women.

Those are military awards.

Ruth is blessed because she gives Obed (?) a posterity and that posterity includes CHrist, Mary's child is Christ.

There is one more. Abigail stopped King David from killing an obnoxious man.

I think Mary has this kind of privilege too, since she says "all generations will call Her blessed" and this is broght fourth by Father Stephen Scheiner (?) who was being cpndened to Hell by Christ, but God's Mother interceded, he was revived.
      So that you understand the thought here. Abraham had gained righteousness through his belief in God's plan to have a son even in his old age and Sarah's, "6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.and I will bless you;I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing."The Mighty One has done great things for me,I will make your reward very great."
      Last edited by Marta; 01-06-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        There is a prohibition against vain repetitions. Contextually, that is repeating prayers in hopes that thereby they will be heard.
        Er, is there even ANY word meaning "repetition" in the Greek?

In Latin it is multiloquium.

Considering how Vellejus Paterculus that same year finished book II of his Roman History, and considering Jesus Christ referred to Pagans, it means making a speech to God, like Vellejus Paterculus made to his gods. The latter obviously thought, the better speech, the better chances of being heard.
        http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

• Marta, you are forgetting one parallel with Abraham.

Stabat mater dolorosa + Genesis 22.

But there is also a difference, Isaac was just an image of Our Lord, not Our Lord Himself.

Apart from that, I was comparing to OT passages where women are either called "blessed" or "blessed among [the] women [who]".
          http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Marta, you are forgetting one parallel with Abraham.

But there is also a difference, Isaac was just an image of Our Lord, not Our Lord Himself.

Apart from that, I was comparing to OT passages where women are either called "blessed" or "blessed among [the] women [who]".
            The man comes first, but it is not good for him to be alone, so the woman comes second, joins to the work of the man, and together they complete their service to the Lord.
            Mary, Simeon or Anna: Who First Recognized Jesus as Messiah?

Deuteronomy 19:15 stresses the importance of having two witnesses to validate an event.

repeating what I just wrote:

If we are blessed, we are blessed because the Patriarch and the Matriarch (man and woman - together joined each other and being in the image and likeness of God) trusted and had faith in God's plan for us!

Comment

Marta, you are forgetting one parallel with Abraham.

Important parts:

28 "I came from the Father and entered the world (luke 1:35, and John 1, "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.).

In turn, I will leave the world and go tothe Father.(John 16, "You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.")
              No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.

The understanding is that God, like the passages out of the OT (Torah), chooses a time and the people for His purpose. Like the story of Jacob upon seeing his son Joseph after all those years, as he thought his son was dead, rejoiced!

• They told him, "Joseph is still alive! In fact, he is ruler of all Egypt." Jacob was stunned; he did not believe them.
              • 27 When they told him all the words of Joseph that he had spoken to them, and when he saw the wagons that Joseph had sent to carry him,
              But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.a

What did you read out of this story of Jacob and Joseph about the redemption and the rejoicing - "You will see me and then you won't"? It is about the reuniting! It is about how God's plan has a purpose and also, a direction! Correct - God's doesn't change His plan or promise? All started with a prophecy (in Joseph's dream) that eventually lead the Israelites to Egypt and then after 400 years of slavery to the Exodus, to the receiving of the laws in the desert and then to the promise land. However, initially (actually) was from another prophecy - the covenant (Brit) of pieces or covenant of parts.

Hebrew Bible, the covenant of the pieces or covenant between the parts (Hebrew: ברית בין הבתרים berith bayin hebatrim) was an important event in the biblical story of the patriarch Abraham. In this event God revealed himself to Abraham and made a covenant with him (at the site known nowadays as Mount Betarim), in which God announced to Abraham that his descendants would eventually inherit the Land of Israel. This was the first of a series of covenants made between God and the Patriarchs. Wikipedia
              Look into the Picture down below: it is a shadow of the redeemer, Jesus.
              http://www.myjewishlearning.com/wp-c...al-theatre.jpg
              Last edited by Marta; 01-13-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X