Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/msnbc-g...pporting-trump

You don't communicate it to them -- you beat them. Beat them. They are not a majority of this country. The majority of white people in this country are not a majority of the country. And all the people who are not fooled by this need to come together, go to the polls, go to the protests, do whatever you have to do. You do not negotiate with these people -- you destroy them.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

That would be racist if Trump had said it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I just love it when liberal tolerance is unmasked.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        https://www.mrctv.org/videos/msnbc-g...pporting-trump

You don't communicate it to them -- you beat them. Beat them. They are not a majority of this country. The majority of white people in this country are not a majority of the country. And all the people who are not fooled by this need to come together, go to the polls, go to the protests, do whatever you have to do. You do not negotiate with these people -- you destroy them.
        He's right, you destroy them politically, you destroy them at the polls. And he's not talking about white people per se, although I'm sure you read it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          ...And he's not talking about white people per se, although I'm sure you read it that way.
          Then why did he even bring up white people in the first place?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He's right, you destroy them politically, you destroy them at the polls. And he's not talking about white people per se, although I'm sure you read it that way.
            Watch the video, Jim - at 2 minutes, he says "go to the polls, go to the protests...." when he was talking about "beat them". Watch his body language, listen to his tone of voice. He's an angry black man.

And he IS talking about white people, you dingbat!

Now, the host did try to clarify it FOR him by saying "by the way, the black man said beat them meaning in a poll, in a, uh, election, so don't come for the black man, he said beat them in a poll".

Again, what he actually said... "you don't communicate it to them, you beat them, you beat them.... go to the polls, go to the protests, do whatever you have to do, you do not negotiate with these people, you BEAT them".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Then why did he even bring up white people in the first place?
              Because he's a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Because he's a racist.
                But he can't be a racist - he is a liberal black...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Did you actually read the article? He is talking about white people all through his tirade! How in the world can you say he's not talking about white people?

And I am not sure he's only speaking about beating people st the polls. And if I'm not sure, you can bet that people of colour will also take it to have a physical meaning.

How can you not decry this man's words as anything but racist?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Did you actually read the article? He is talking about white people all through his tirade! How in the world can you say he's not talking about white people?

And I am not sure he's only speaking about beating people st the polls. And if I'm not sure, you can bet that people of colour will also take it to have a physical meaning.

How can you not decry this man's words as anything but racist?
                    Because Jim has been trained to think the exact same way, and marches to the drum of his puppetmasters, completely taken in by their racist rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Watch the video, Jim - at 2 minutes, he says "go to the polls, go to the protests...." when he was talking about "beat them". Watch his body language, listen to his tone of voice. He's an angry black man.

And he IS talking about white people, you dingbat!

Now, the host did try to clarify it FOR him by saying "by the way, the black man said beat them meaning in a poll, in a, uh, election, so don't come for the black man, he said beat them in a poll".

Again, what he actually said... "you don't communicate it to them, you beat them, you beat them.... go to the polls, go to the protests, do whatever you have to do, you do not negotiate with these people, you BEAT them".
                      It was very clear to me that he was referring to beating white Trump supporters at the polls, and through protest, and the fact that the host did clarify what he was saying, and he was quick to agree should be all that's needed. If Trump were to say something similar about immigrants, and a host clarified that he was speaking of illegal immigrants, and he quickly agreed with that host, people here would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don't see any reason not to also give this guy a benefit of the doubt. The main real thing I thought was wonky about his diatribe was his whole "the majority of white people in this country are not a majority of the country," which is simply factually inaccurate. Whites make up something like 72% of the population, and if we're talking white non-Hispanic/Latinos then it's still around 61%.

Edit: To clarify, the guy may be a racist (I don't know), but I'm specifically pointing out that I don't believe he was referring to physical violence when he referred to "beating" white people at the polls and through protest.

Comment

I think he can be reasonably interpreted to mean "beat/destroy them at the polls," and I think we should be charitable if possible.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          It was very clear to me that he was referring to beating white Trump supporters at the polls...
                          What if we talked about beating black Hillary supporters at the polls - how do you think that would go over?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            I think he can be reasonably interpreted to mean "beat/destroy them at the polls," and I think we should be charitable if possible.
                            But WE are reasonable people for the most part. Not everyone out there is, and if the left were consistent, they would condemn this as inciting violence. Trump has never specifically told anyone to commit violence, yet the left continues to act like he has.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              What if we talked about beating black Hillary supporters at the polls - how do you think that would go over?
                              I'm not sure I understand your question. As contentious as politics are in this country, probably many people would take it in the most uncharitable light as possible, and assume that it was espousing violence against black people. But the intent is obviously not to commit violence, it's to outvote at the polls.

seer, I've seen this "what if" with a number of your posts, and I find it a bit disconcerting. I understand your desire for fairness, it's something I desire as well, but you seem to go one step further by implying that if the other side does something wrong, then it's only fair for your side to do so as well. It may be the case that most or all people would take the phrase "beat black people at the polls," in the absolute worst light possible, but that doesn't mean, then, that it's right to take "beat white people at the polls" in the worst possible light. The worst light possible in this context is that the guy is a racist, but not that he's espousing actual physical violence.

Comment