Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Not getting what you want is not "suffering" PM. So if you are a guy who wants to be a chicken, then you should be able to get surgery to graft in feathers, a beak, a gizzard, and the means to lay eggs?
    Now I know a lady, she's a mighty fine lady
    Got a heart of gold, she wouldn't harm a fly
    She's just tryin' to get by and keep her house in order
    But you know that her husband
    He worked so hard that he come unglued
    He come unwrapped, he just snapped, thinks he's a chicken
    That's right, one of them cackling Colonel Sanders' types
    He roosts in the bush by the side of the house

Well it's none of my business but one day I said
    "Have you ever thought about findin' him a doctor who could make him well"
    And she said "Well, I have now and then, but then again
    He don't eat much, just chickenfeed
    And all that peckin' in the ground don't hurt nothin'
    Heaven knows, we can use the eggs"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not getting what you want is not "suffering" PM. So if you are a guy who wants to be a chicken, then you should be able to get surgery to graft in feathers, a beak, a gizzard, and the means to lay eggs? Just to alleviate your suffering at not being a chicken? And not to mention that society should accept you as a chicken, and provide you with a roost and dried corn to eat. Because otherwise we would be bigots and making you suffer, right?
      Gender dysphoria causes suffering. There is no biological basis from a human being thinking they are a chicken. There is a biological basis for a human being thinking they are the opposite sex. It's really annoying that even after all these replies I still have to tell you the basics of the issue.

you have no idea what a chromosome or gene is, or what you are even arguing about, do you?

People who want to be the opposite sex, have a mental problem. I won't go as far as to say an illness or disease like schizophrenia, but it is abnormal. Much like OCD, or various fetishes, phobias and other mental aberrations. It needs to be treated, not coddled.
      How can you know whether or not any given individual has a mental illness or their dysphoria is based on being "born in the wrong body"? How do you decide whether an avenue is treatment or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        Gender dysphoria causes suffering.
        so does agoraphobia. yet we treat agoraphobia to make it go away.
        There is no biological basis from a human being thinking they are a chicken.
        There are people who want to be animals, JimL. I used chicken because I wanted to point out the ridiculousness of codding a mental aberration rather than trying to cure it.

There is a biological basis for a human being thinking they are the opposite sex. It's really annoying that even after all these replies I still have to tell you the basics of the issue.
        it's really annoying when you just keep repeating nonsense with no scientific basis for it all all.

How can you know whether or not any given individual has a mental illness or their dysphoria is based on being "born in the wrong body"?
        They may feel like they are "born in the wrong body" but since we all only get one body, it is the right body. As long as there is nothing broken with the body, we don't need to fix it. The mind is the problem, we need to fix it. Not the body.

Comment

so does agoraphobia. yet we treat agoraphobia to make it go away.
          There are people who want to be animals, JimL. I used chicken because I wanted to point out the ridiculousness of codding a mental aberration rather than trying to cure it.

it's really annoying when you just keep repeating nonsense with no scientific basis for it all all.

They may feel like they are "born in the wrong body" but since we all only get one body, it is the right body. As long as there is nothing broken with the body, we don't need to fix it. The mind is the problem, we need to fix it. Not the body.
          Not sure if your conflation of PM with JimL is accidental or deliberate.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Not sure if your conflation of PM with JimL is accidental or deliberate.
            Accidental. but dang they all sound alike. I guess I am a liberal-bigot, eh?

Comment

Not getting what you want is not "suffering" PM. So if you are a guy who wants to be a chicken, then you should be able to get surgery to graft in feathers, a beak, a gizzard, and the means to lay eggs? Just to alleviate your suffering at not being a chicken? And not to mention that society should accept you as a chicken, and provide you with a roost and dried corn to eat. Because otherwise we would be bigots and making you suffer, right?

you have no idea what a chromosome or gene is, or what you are even arguing about, do you?

People who want to be the opposite sex, have a mental problem. I won't go as far as to say an illness or disease like schizophrenia, but it is abnormal. Much like OCD, or various fetishes, phobias and other mental aberrations. It needs to be treated, not coddled.
              Some guy they were calling "Parrot Man" got is own ears cut off to look more like his pet parrots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Some guy they were calling "Parrot Man" got is own ears cut off to look more like his pet parrots.
                A fine example of mental illness.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

But he has no scientific basis, just the agenda.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

sure genetics can result in mental illness. like schizophrenia sometimes. when it happens we treat the mental illness to make them normal if possible, not coddle it and call it normal. I have a friend who has schizophrenia and hears voices. It could be genetic. the doctors don't play along and say hearing voices is normal and send him on his way. they give him treatment to make the voices go away.

most sexual chromosome based mutations have no effects like making a boy think he is a girl, or look like a girl, or vice versa. most mutations in the sex chromosomes result in things like downs syndrome, or other such problems.
                    Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness, a mental illness is a disease that causes suffering simply by having it such as is the case with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorders.The only mental suffering associated with dysphoria, anxiety, depression etc etc. comes from the social problems associated with it, the unnacceptance of the dysphorics true self by society at large.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness, a mental illness is a disease that causes suffering simply by having it such as is the case with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorders.The only mental suffering associated with dysphoria, anxiety, depression etc etc. comes from the social problems associated with it, the unnacceptance of the dysphorics true self by society at large.
                      Congratulations, Jimmy! I didn't know you had passed medical school, let alone the 7th grade.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

yeah. that's not the definition of a mental illness, JimL. It might be what you WANT the difference to be, but there is no difference. Just degrees. I know people who have serious mental illness who love being crazy. My schizoid friend would go off his meds because he liked the way he felt off of them. Said the meds made him cloudy. He is a programmer and could think much better and faster when not on the meds. And he said he felt euphoric, so he liked being crazy. It was like a drug itself to him. He once went off his drugs and ended up in Mexico and his brother had to go get him and bring him home. He once thought he was Maryln Monroe. He didn't "suffer" at all. He enjoyed his episodes! And bi-polar people only "suffer" when they are on the downside. When they are manic they love everything.

Comment

So you must be saying that "gender dysphoria" does not cause suffering simply by having it. If it does not cause suffering by having it then there is no need for treatment. You need to keep your argument somewhat self consistent instead of wavering around trying to cover all your irrationality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            So you must be saying that "gender dysphoria" does not cause suffering simply by having it. If it does not cause suffering by having it then there is no need for treatment. You need to keep your argument somewhat self consistent instead of wavering around trying to cover all your irrationality.
                            No, I think that you just miscomprehend what I mean by that. The suffering caused by schizophrenia and Bi-polar for instance is mental anguish the source of which is the persons own mind, its not caused by external effects. The suffering of dysphorics, or people who mentally identify as opposite of their physical nature is caused by external social factors. Basically they suffer from depression and anxiety from the non-acceptance and bullying they receive, the source of which is external not internal.

Comment

. . . The suffering of dysphorics, or people who mentally identify as opposite of their physical nature is caused by . . .
                              Identifying as the sex opposite of the reality of their sex is a purely mental problem. We have already eliminated physical causes.

Comment

No, I think that you just miscomprehend what I mean by that. The suffering caused by schizophrenia and Bi-polar for instance is mental anguish the source of which is the persons own mind, its not caused by external effects. The suffering of dysphorics, or people who mentally identify as opposite of their physical nature is caused by external social factors. Basically they suffer from depression and anxiety from the non-acceptance and bullying they receive, the source of which is external not internal.
                                Ah so then, if everyone accepted that the person was trapped in the wrong body, then they would be happy stuck in the wrong body and would not suffer then?

Comment