Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Media Ignores Climate Alarmist’s Court Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    The preacher trolls science because he's got a chip on his shoulder about education, mossy. Just ignore him.
    So very good to see you again! Hope you're doing well, but I see you're still up to your old false accusations.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Jim
      Get a grip, Jim. This is just another one of CP's troll threads. Odds on even he doesn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So very good to see you again! Hope you're doing well, but I see you're still up to your old false accusations.
        You're so cute when you shuffle your feet like that.

Comment

Get a grip, Jim. This is just another one of CP's troll threads. Odds on even he doesn't believe it.
          I posted it for general discussion - I don't pretend to be an expert either way, as some of you guys do. I don't really have a dog in the fight.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're so cute when you shuffle your feet like that.
            Thanks, and you when you run your fingers through your fine silky hair.

Comment

Thanks, and you when you run your fingers through your perfect, silky hair.
              fify/nc

Comment

fify/nc
                Much better, yes.

Comment

I posted it for general discussion - I don't pretend to be an expert either way, as some of you guys do. I don't really have a dog in the fight.
                  Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Seriously, why do you troll climate science? If it's amusing to you, great ... what happens on TWeb stays on TWeb, we're not going to change public policy here.

But lots of folks around here would be happy to walk you through it ... if not me, Lurch maybe. Did you two ever get together? I remember reading something about a trip of his landing near you sometime back.

Comment

You're acting in a rather juvenal manner, my friend.

Seriously, why do you troll climate science? If it's amusing to you, great ... what happens on TWeb stays on TWeb, we're not going to change public policy here.
                    If you're seriously asking, and I seriously answer, I'd expect you to take my answer seriously, though I don't hold out much hope for that.

Serious answer -- because I still don't know what to think about it all. I've seen it grossly exaggerated by some of the non-scientist alarmists, like Al Gore, and the media seems to never tire of making just about any story 'climate related'. I know it's hot, and it certainly seems like we're in a much warmer time than when I was growing up.

But I am not convinced that
                    A) It is man caused
                    2) That man can actually do anything about it

And I, personally, have always believed in good stewardship of the earth and the resources with which we are entrusted. I, personally, have done quite a bit in regards to energy conservation and personal stewardship, while I see many of the climate alarmists preaching with fervor that which they do not do themselves, and I see a ton of hypocrisy in that.

It won't surprise me in the least if you mock that answer, or dismiss it, because that's what you seem to be all about, but it's my serious answer.

But lots of folks around here would be happy to walk you through it ... if not me, Lurch maybe. Did you two ever get together? I remember reading something about a trip of his landing near you sometime back.
                    I'm being "walked through it" when people like Lurch provide the information they provide in these DISCUSSIONS, and I have never (even though I'm accused of it often) been a "denier". I'm a skeptic.

Also, seriously, glad to see you around, even though, at times, I think you're only here for your own amusement to be an ass.

Comment

If it were true that he didn't produce documents (ordered 8 years ago, causing the case to be dismissed now .. it's not even a coherent lie), yeah, it sure would make him look like a fraud.

Me, I'm thinking since I've actually seen the data, worked the data ... hell, remember when Leonhard pulled them down? ... it's the fringe site that's being dishonest here.
                      Here is some more information regarding how the case was dismissed:

--

[Ball]“Michael Mann moved for an adjournment of the trial scheduled for February 20, 2017. We had little choice because Canadian courts always grant adjournments before a trial in their belief that an out of court settlement is preferable. We agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.”

Mann’s now proven contempt of court means Ball is entitled to have the court serve upon Mann the fullest punishment. Contempt sanctions could reasonably include the judge ruling that Dr. Ball’s statement that Mann “belongs in the state pen, not Penn. State’ is a precise and true statement of fact. This is because under Canada’s unique ‘Truth Defense’, Mann is now proven to have wilfully hidden his data, so the court may rule he hid it because it is fake. As such, the court must then dismiss Mann’s entire libel suit with costs awarded to Ball and his team.

https://principia-scientific.org/bre...ey-stick-mann/

So Mann is playing loose with his words. The court never ordered him to produce the documents, but it was a condition of the adjournment. Mann refused and was in contempt of court which is why the case was dismissed with prejudice.

[That article also goes into some detail about the hockey stick and Mann's cherry picked data]

As can be seen from the graphs below; Mann’s cherry-picked version of science makes the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) disappear and shows a pronounced upward ‘tick’ in the late 20th century (the blade of his ‘hockey stick’). But below that, Ball’s graph, using more reliable and widely available public data, shows a much warmer MWP, with temperatures hotter than today, and showing current temperatures well within natural variation.

Comment

You might have noticed the thread is in Civics instead of Natural Science, meaning it is more about the case and the media, than the science.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Here is some more information regarding how the case was dismissed:
                          Says Ball, the defendant, the guy who got sued for saying Mann belonged in the state pen, smearing him using his university affiliation with the pedophile assistant football coach.

That's not info.

A lot of us thought the suit was a bad idea at the time. Free speech means people get to make stuff up, and Ball wasn't in a position to actually hurt Mann's rep. The pedophile smear just triggered him, I guess.

The guy dishes nothing but crap, anyway. Look at the graph.

One of those uses global data, one uses European, and the guy using Europe only is accusing Mann of cherry picking.

Leonhard pulled down the computer codes, too.
                          Last edited by Juvenal; 08-30-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            You might have noticed the thread is in Civics instead of Natural Science, meaning it is more about the case and the media, than the science.
                            It's in Civics because that's where he put it. It belongs in the Padded Room.

Comment

...Free speech means people get to make stuff up...
                              Remember, this is Canada.

Comment

I'd be willing to wager that many of those that are posting these sorts of things and arguing for them are not trolls at all. I know CP, Sparko, Mossross are not trolls. But rather, the money spent by the oil industry (others?) to help fund these sorts of pseudo-science has produced it's intent, much as the smoking 'research' that was used by the cigarrette industry to convince smokers their heart disease and lung cancer wasn't related to cigarrettes, that cigarette smoking was not addictive.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment