Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who do you think will be the nominee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think will be the nominee?

Not so much about who you want to be the Democratic candidate, but who do you think is most likely to get the nomination?

It's way early yet, obviously, but speculate away!
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Biden seems like a shoe-in, and for all his gaffes they don't seem to me, ultimately, like that big a deal. Do you think his being a relative moderate will help or hurt him?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm guessing Biden who the Democrat party will try to sell as a "moderate".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think it's Warren's to lose.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Biden will ask Warren or Harris to be his VP and they will dominate the primary.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Are there any independents running this time? (not counting Bernie who I assume switched back to Democrat and might change to Independent again if he can't get the nomination)

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I think it's Warren's to lose.
              Remember, the Democrat nominee is handpicked by the party. Votes are almost entirely irrelevant. You really think the Democrats want Warren? She has a lot of baggage.

Comment

What about Kamala Harris?

Comment

I'm praying that Jesus returns before the general election.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I'm praying that Jesus returns before the general election.
                    In time to be on the ballot?

Comment

My pick is still Harris even though she's (supposedly) waning in the polls. I believe the DNC is delusional (meaning they won't pick someone that could actually beat Trump like Gabbard, even if she comes with foreign policy baggage warmongering neoliberals don't like), but I don't think they're dumb enough to pick someone like Biden. Harris is the epitome of your corrupt, haughty and arrogant establishment shill, just like Hillary. Only difference is she has BOTH the sexist card and the racist card they can play. And there's no doubt Trump will attack her in a way the liberal media will easily construe as a sexist or racist attack. I mean, that's inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Remember, the Democrat nominee is handpicked by the party. Votes are almost entirely irrelevant. You really think the Democrats want Warren? She has a lot of baggage.
                        Well, sorta. The superdelegates can only put a thumb on the scale, not determine the outcome by themselves.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Well, sorta. The superdelegates can only put a thumb on the scale, not determine the outcome by themselves.
                          And you assume the votes are correctly counted? I don't think there are any voting integrity laws for primaries since the parties are private organizations and not government institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            They have dramatically cut back on the impact of the superdelegates after the 2016 fiasco. But they still have other tricks up their sleeves like forwarding the questions that will be asked in a debate before it takes place so their selected candidate has a distinct advantage -- which is also something they did in 2016 to make sure Hillary got "Her Turn" regardless what the rank and file membership wanted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In order of likelihood.

1) Biden. Unless he keeps opening his mouth.

2) Warren: Unless there's another debate - with anyone.

3) Gabbard: If a miracle occurs.

4) Harris: If Biden manages to shoot off his foot and Warren debates - and Gabbard drops out.

5) Williamson: If the Democrats decide to just make the election hell for Trump since they can't win.

6) Sanders: If Satan ice skates to work.

The rest of the bad Our Gang Ripoffs: Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment