Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Hugh Hefner is now in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    And yet, you argue against opponents that exist in your head while leaving your actual opponents untouched.
    The only opponent that exists only in our heads lilpix, is ourselves. I argue against both.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I don't delight in the fact that some people will go to hell. I take Paul's view that if it were possible to give up my place in heaven for someone else then I would, but it doesn't work that way. Each of us will be held accountable on the Day of Judgment, and on that day, you will be shown your entire life and the countless opportunities you had to accept God's mercy, and you will be left with no excuse.

As the late Keith Green put it:

You're gong to find out that He's the way
      No matter which way you choose
      But I pray you find out by His love for you
      Neither will you have an excuse if some other god is the true god. Would it be fair if you had to go to hell for that?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I don't delight in the fact that some people will go to hell. I take Paul's view that if it were possible to give up my place in heaven for someone else then I would, but it doesn't work that way. Each of us will be held accountable on the Day of Judgment, and on that day, you will be shown your entire life and the countless opportunities you had to accept God's mercy, and you will be left with no excuse.

As the late Keith Green put it:

You're gong to find out that He's the way
        No matter which way you choose
        But I pray you find out by His love for you
        Thats odd, seems Paul and you have a greater love for humanity than God.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Neither will you have an excuse if some other god is the true god. Would it be fair if you had to go to hell for that?
          "But... but... you could be wrong!"

Seriously? That's your counter argument?

Feel free to make the case that there are other gods on equal footing with Yahweh.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Ezekiel 18:4, 32,
            . . . all souls are mine; . . . the soul that sinneth, it shall die. . . . For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Feel free to make the case that there are other gods on equal footing with Yahweh.
              It does not answer the question. Why is it fair to put people in eternal pain because they honestly believed some other god.

I see no reason to think your god could exist. Yahweh, the torturer of babies in eternity.

But you think an honest muslim must suffer forever? Or are they all dishonest?
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

They are all on equal footing with Yahweh, they are all imaginations of men created in the image of man.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  Think about it, Jimmy, would someone who refuses to submit to God really be happy in heaven? Heaven is nothing more and nothing less than spending eternity in God's presence. What joy is there in that for someone who spent his whole life on earth hating God?

Comment

Think about it, Jimmy, would someone who refuses to submit to God really be happy in heaven? Heaven is nothing more and nothing less than spending eternity in God's presence. What joy is there in that for someone who spent his whole life on earth hating God?
                    So you're saying that non-believers will be eternally happier in hell anyway? So, whats the big deal then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      It does not answer the question. Why is it fair to put people in eternal pain because they honestly believed some other god.

I see no reason to think your god could exist. Yahweh, the torturer of babies in eternity.

But you think an honest muslim must suffer forever? Or are they all dishonest?
                      What? Where do you get the idea that God sends babies to hell? Those who die before the age of accountability will go to heaven -- that is they lack the cognitive ability to fully understand their need for salvation, which is different for each person.

God is fair. Everybody on earth is given exactly one lifetime in which to accept God's mercy and grace, and I fully believe that God knows exactly what is required to convince each one of us, and he gives it to us, but he leaves it up to us to whether or not we will accept.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        So you're saying that non-believers will be eternally happier in hell anyway? So, whats the big deal then.
                        No, they're not going to be happy in any sense. It just strikes me as odd that someone would complain about God not allowing the unrepentant into heaven when there is nothing about heaven that they would find the least appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          No, they're not going to be happy in any sense. It just strikes me as odd that someone would complain about God not allowing the unrepentant into heaven when there is nothing about heaven that they would find the least appealing.
                          Right, so you're saying that living in Hell would be more appealing than living in heaven to non-believers?

Comment

What? Where do you get the idea that God sends babies to hell? Those who die before the age of accountability will go to heaven -- that is they lack the cognitive ability to fully understand their need for salvation, which is different for each person.
                            So shouldn't we, out of the goodness of our hearts, murder all children before they reach the age of accountability? Specially if they are our kids?
                            God is fair.
                            How is the above fair, I would much rather be the murdered baby and go straight to heaven than have to go through the earthly crucible.

Comment

God is fair. Everybody on earth is given exactly one lifetime in which to accept God's mercy and grace, and I fully believe that God knows exactly what is required to convince each one of us, and he gives it to us, but he leaves it up to us to whether or not we will accept.
                              You could say that about any God. Allah or other etarnal torturous gods like your god who according to many christians actually put babies in hell. You can deny that in your subjective interpretation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                You can deny that in your subjective interpretation.
                                No idiot, you would have to show from the text of scripture where it suggests that God sends babies to eternal hell.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X