Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What happened to the seven churches of Revelation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the seven churches of Revelation?

An article about this may be found here.

Source: imb.org

The trip of a lifetime landed in my lap—visiting the Seven Churches of Revelation. Until recently, I didn’t even know all seven churches were located in modern-day Turkey. A friend and I flew to Izmir, Turkey, where we rented a car and drove to all seven churches in a quick, three-day trip.

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    An article about this may be found here.

Source: imb.org

The trip of a lifetime landed in my lap—visiting the Seven Churches of Revelation. Until recently, I didn’t even know all seven churches were located in modern-day Turkey. A friend and I flew to Izmir, Turkey, where we rented a car and drove to all seven churches in a quick, three-day trip.

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    All remaining Orthodox Christians were kicked out of Turkey (except those who were in what is now known as Istanbul) after war with Greece in 1922-23. Turkey also perpetrated the Armenian genocide during WW I. There are some Kurdish Christians in Turkey, who are severely persecuted due to both race and religion.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      All remaining Orthodox Christians were kicked out of Turkey (except those who were in what is now known as Istanbul) after war with Greece in 1922-23. Turkey also perpetrated the Armenian genocide during WW I. There are some Kurdish Christians in Turkey, who are severely persecuted due to both race and religion.
      The Orthodox church has endured a lot of persecution, and has shown the faithfulness spoken by the Lord of Smyrna and Pergamum.

And I do wish that Kurdish Muslims would return to their Christian roots, and may the Lord show himself strong on behalf of these believers!

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment