Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Truly lame MM, truly lame. You can, if you want to. You just have to imagine yourself out for a run. Stopping for a break. And then three men in two cars, at least two armed. Come after you.

If you can't empathise with the fear and terror and confusion that would bring, then that explains a lot.
    The fact that your sympathy is one-sided explains a lot.

You claim that Arbery felt "fear and terror and confusion", but we really have no idea. He may have felt that, or he may have felt something else. There's no way of knowing. What about the McMichaels? What did they feel when a guy they asked to stop continued to run straight at them despite the fact that one of them was clearly armed?

Like I said, I really can't imagine what it would have been like for either party in that situation because it's so far outside of anything I've personally experienced.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• A third suspect in the Arbery cased was just arrested and charged with Felony murder. The 3rd person, the person, who took the video of the of the pursuit and murder of Arbery, had apparently also participated in the pursuit himself and tried to block Arberys path with his vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        A third suspect in the Arbery cased was just arrested and charged with Felony murder. The 3rd person, the person, who took the video of the of the pursuit and murder of Arbery, had apparently also participated in the pursuit himself and tried to block Arberys path with his vehicle.
        I'm not disputing what you're saying, Jim, but it sure would bolster your credibility if you cited a source when you come up with this stuff.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          A third suspect in the Arbery cased was just arrested and charged with Felony murder.
          So the prosecutor is indicting them for felony murder? Or is that your interpretation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            So the prosecutor is indicting them for felony murder? Or is that your interpretation?
            That's what Reuters is saying...

(Reuters) - A third suspect has been charged with felony murder in the shooting death of an unarmed black man killed while jogging through a Georgia neighborhood, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) said Thursday.

William "Roddie" Bryan, Jr., 50, of Brunswick, Georgia, was charged with felony murder and attempt to commit false imprisonment of Ahmaud Arbery, 25, in February, the GBI said in a short statement.

Bryan had come forward as the man who shot a video of the slaying that went viral, drawing outrage over the death from celebrities and activists.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The fact that your sympathy is one-sided explains a lot.

You claim that Arbery felt "fear and terror and confusion", but we really have no idea. He may have felt that, or he may have felt something else. There's no way of knowing. What about the McMichaels? What did they feel when a guy they asked to stop continued to run straight at them despite the fact that one of them was clearly armed?

Like I said, I really can't imagine what it would have been like for either party in that situation because it's so far outside of anything I've personally experienced.
              Yes it explains I have no sympathy for vigilantes that take the law into their own hands, who chase down innocent men with guns and through their negligence and ineptitude end up killing him.

They are the aggressors here. They bear responsibility. He was defending himself from an unknown and deadly threat.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yes it explains I have no sympathy for vigilantes that take the law into their own hands, who chase down innocent men with guns and through their negligence and ineptitude end up killing him.

They are the aggressors here. They bear responsibility. He was defending himself from an unknown and deadly threat.
                One of your biggest problems (and not just in this thread) is that you regularly mistake your opinions and assumptions for facts.

Comment

One of your biggest problems (and not just in this thread) is that you regularly mistake your opinions and assumptions for facts.
                  Congrats MM, you just blew up the irony meter.

Comment

Congrats MM, you just blew up the irony meter.
                    Speaking of irony...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If you'll bother to lay your hatred and prejudice at the door, you'll realize my 'opinions' have been pretty much* on target for quite some time. These men are being charged with murder. I've been saying the 'real' mortality for covid is between 1 and 2%. I warned you that this thing would easily kill over 100000 people by June when you and others were playing stupid and saying we had less deaths than a flu season at the time.

You dont like what I have to say MM because it clashes with what you want to believe. But my motivation and the motivator for everything I say is objective truth and basic, ages old morality as taught in scripture.

So maybe it's time to wake up to the reality of who I am and what is behind what I say, or just continue on in your hate filled fantasy.

Your choice.

ETA * for those with DTO syndrome, 'pretty much' does not translate to 'always'
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-22-2020, 09:32 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

If you'll bother to lay your hatred and prejudice at the door...

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        These men are being charged with murder.
                        "Charged with murder" does not necessarily mean "guilty of murder". I'm sure the defense will have something to say before all is said and done.

But if it turns out that they are found guilty of murder, I don't have a problem with that. As I said from the start, I'm not married to any outcome and am keeping an open mind. What about you?
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-22-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

"Charged with murder" does not necessarily mean "guilty of murder". I'm sure the defense will have something to say before all is said and done.

But if it turns out that they are found guilty of murder, I don't have a problem with that. As I said from the start, I'm not married to any outcome and am keeping an open mind. What about you?
                          But MM, you were insinuating that the guy was guilty of something from the outset. You said: "he's not just some innocent black guy out for a jog." Or words to that effect.

Comment

But MM, you were insinuating that the guy was guilty of something from the outset. You said: "he's not just some innocent black guy out for a jog." Or words to that effect.
                            I think, when it comes to race, those who identify a wrong against a black man, for example, tend to go a little overboard in making a saint out of the victim, instead of just accepting who he was. It doesn't make the actions against him any less wrong or brutal to admit who he was.

Comment

Just cant handle the fact I'm mostly right about these things can you

Studies have shown that group think is not deterred by the facts or by the evidence. How many people pride themselves on being independent thinkers, yet just like you MM are simply undeterred by the facts and the realities. I could be right on the next 20 topics and wrong on the 21st and your prejudice and loyalty to the herd would latch onto the 1 as representative of reality and excuse the other 20 as accidents rather than re-evaluate you own position.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-22-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Arbery was guilty of trespassing. That was never in doubt. However, as I said from the start, that does not necessarily justify any of the actions taken against him.

Comment