Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    An emergency message from firstfloor’s conflict resolution service:

You have not been charged for this message.
    OK, you actually did make me laugh out loud.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I'm still curious about whether he was the only one there.
      He, who? And where?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
        1) It gives people an "out" to blame the victim (maybe not you but people like MM)
        I blame Arbery in so far as he is responsible for his own actions. I do not blame him for the actions of the McMichaels.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Even if that's true, he was still trespassing, and by all accounts,
          So, are you conceding to the fact that Arbery has only been personally ID'd one time at the site?
          THAT'S what caught the McMichaels' attention and not the color of Arbery's skin.
          Oh really, and you know this how? Not that it matters, they would have been just as guilty had they done the same to a white man.
          So now that you have conceded this point, can we dispense with the "jogging while black" race baiting nonsense?
          Conceded to what point? And you brought the accusations of prejiduce against you on yourself by assertting Arbery's guilt from the get go. I don't think I need to post those assertions again. Being prejudiced is not necessarily your fault, but it is your responsibility to recognize, admit to, and try to overcome.
          Last edited by JimL; 05-27-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I blame Arbery in so far as he is responsible for his own actions. I do not blame him for the actions of the McMichaels.
            This statement is totally vacuous.

Comment

This statement is totally vacuous.
              On the contrary, it is extremely precise. Arbery is responsible for his own actions. The McMichaels are responsible for theirs. What do you disagree with?

Comment

On the contrary, it is extremely precise. Arbery is responsible for his own actions. The McMichaels are responsible for theirs. What do you disagree with?
                It's a tautology which applies to every conceivable situation.

ME: I got in a car accident today.
                MM: I blame you for the part you were responsible for. I blame the other person for the part they were responsible for.

The statement says precisely nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

ME: I got in a car accident today.
                  MM: I blame you for the part you were responsible for. I blame the other person for the part they were responsible for.

The statement says precisely nothing.
                  On the other hand, is it wise to see what you might have been able to do to avoid the accident? Not that it was "your fault", but we always preach "watch out for the other guy".

Comment

Yep. So are you ready to move past the "You're blaming Arbery for what the McMichaels did" canard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      On the other hand, is it wise to see what you might have been able to do to avoid the accident? Not that it was "your fault", but we always preach "watch out for the other guy".
                      Of course. But MM is not interested in honest dialogue or even the truth so I will treat things he says as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        In order to be safe when driving you have to be a defensive driver, but because most every person is not always on the defensive doesn't put the blame on them if someone should run a red light and barrel into them. The fact that Arbery wasn't aware of the oncoming danger is not the actual issue. The only relevant facts that need be considered are the legal ones. Someone is actually legally at fault, and in this case the fault lies with the McMichaels gang.
                        Suggesting that there is fault to be had on both sides because Arbery should have been more cautious, should have been more aware of the fact that there are bad people out there is deflecting from the actual issue. That could just as well of happened in any neighborhood. How is Arbery to know which neighborhoods he can or can not go into without risking his life?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          Of course. But MM is not interested in honest dialogue or even the truth so I will treat things he says as such.
                          Well, I think you know my position, and you know it's an outright lie that I blame Arbery in ANY sense -- haven't read your longer post yet - just got home and settling in. I'll get to that, if not tonight, then in the morning. I'm pooped.

Comment

MM is not interested in honest dialogue or even the truth...
                            [citation needed]

Comment

[citation needed]
                              Well, there was a post from a day or two ago when you said you aren't interested in convincing people of your position.

There's the fact that you lie time and time that you answered direct questions when haven't.

There's the fact that you insist you've pointed me to backing data from declassified FBI docs but haven't.

There's your open admission that you're a troll.

There's plenty of meat on this bone :).

Comment

Well, there was a post from a day or two ago when you said you aren't interested in convincing people of your position.
                                No, I said I wasn't trying to convince you.

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                                There's the fact that you lie time and time that you answered direct questions when haven't.
                                [citation needed]

There's the fact that you insist you've pointed me to backing data from declassified FBI docs but haven't.
                                The fact that you refuse to read sources and follow all the relevant links within those sources is one of the reason I've stopped trying to convince you of anything.

There's your open admission that you're a troll.
                                [citation needed]

There's plenty of meat on this bone :).
                                Obviously not as much as you think.

Comment