Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time For Martial Law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling down martial law would either create bigger problems, or would make the problem worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Calling down martial law would either create bigger problems, or would make the problem worse.
      Why? Perhaps it will stop the burning and looting in its tracks. Nothing else seems to be working...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Obama may be the man for the task.
        Obama had his chance when he was president, but he set racial relations back by decades.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Why? Perhaps it will stop the burning and looting in its tracks. Nothing else seems to be working...
          The building fires are few and in between. Looters just care about getting the stuff. I suspect, since it's a very small percentage of buildings being burned, it could possibly be the owners themselves doing it to collect the insurance. Think about it. If you're a store owner, what are the chances you don't have theft insurance, but have fire insurance?

Comment

Obama may be the man for the task.
            I don't think so --- he seems much more interested in being admired, and has no real strength for this kind of thing.
            Besides, he was much too quick to jump to conclusions in a number of other incidents both police-involved, and police as victims.

Even my black friends say he squandered his opportunity to bring peace - he had EIGHT YEARS to do it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              It's almost a case where it has to be National Guard without calling it martial law -- I think it was the Mayor of Minneapolis (or Governor of Minnesota) who was driving home the distinction between the National Guard and the Police.... something like, "remember, THESE (National Guardsmen) are not the people with whom you have an issue.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Obama had his chance when he was president, but he set racial relations back by decades.
                Because he is not a man of strength. He was The One who never accepted the challenge.

Comment

What if we have a "second wave" of corona and we're under martial law? You want the Dems, who are already abusing their power, to have even more power? Seer, man, what's up with you? You're supposed to be a constitutionalist?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I don't think so --- he seems much more interested in being admired, and has no real strength for this kind of thing.
                    Besides, he was much too quick to jump to conclusions in a number of other incidents both police-involved, and police as victims.

Even my black friends say he squandered his opportunity to bring peace - he had EIGHT YEARS to do it.
                    Polls do show that he's viewed more positively than negative by the US population and he is obviously respected by the black community. He seems like the obvious choice for this specific scenario. Somebody has to step up and it looks like that isn't the current WH leader.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Polls do show that he's viewed more positively than negative by the US population and he is obviously respected by the black community. He seems like the obvious choice for this specific scenario. Somebody has to step up and it looks like that isn't the current WH leader.
                      Since Obamagate, I think he's keeping a low profile.

Comment

Polls do show that he's viewed more positively than negative by the US population and he is obviously respected by the black community.
                        Yes, he's "popular", but I don't see him capable of speaking "truth to power" in the black community, like MLK had done on numerous occasions.

He seems like the obvious choice for this specific scenario. Somebody has to step up and it looks like that isn't the current WH leader.
                        Trump needs to shut his mouth - or get expert guidance from somebody who knows what's going on. Obama, to me, has more of a tendency to be the guy who will say exactly what the people want to hear, rather than what they NEED to hear.
                        Again, Obama had EIGHT YEARS to work on this, and I honestly believe he made it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It's almost a case where it has to be National Guard without calling it martial law -- I think it was the Mayor of Minneapolis (or Governor of Minnesota) who was driving home the distinction between the National Guard and the Police.... something like, "remember, THESE (National Guardsmen) are not the people with whom you have an issue.
                          This assumes the rioters even know, or care, why they're "protesting". At this point, I think they would happily take a shot at anybody wearing a uniform.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            What if we have a "second wave" of corona and we're under martial law? You want the Dems, who are already abusing their power, to have even more power? Seer, man, what's up with you? You're supposed to be a constitutionalist?
                            Some one said that the Constitution is not a suicide pact. Nothing good can happen in this chaos.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Some one said that the Constitution is not a suicide pact. Nothing good can happen in this chaos.
                              And martial law would be worse. Besides, police are already over extending its own aggression even against citizens doing nothing. There wouldn't be much to add to that.

Comment

Oh please Jim - racial disparity in what sense?
                                In the sense that has been amplified by these events, and which you would prefer to pretend did not exist. And that attitude is deeply responsible for where we are.

Black people are poorer, more likely to die by gun violence. Receive worse education, live under worse physical conditions, and are more likely to be arrested and punished than their white counterparts, even accounting for the higher percentage of crime fostered by those same negative, crime ridden environments.

Wake up seer. The reality of it is erupting all around you. These protests are real and arise out of the common experience of the black community nationwide.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment