Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Now The Liberals Are After My Organs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now The Liberals Are After My Organs...

In my state...

Connecticut State Sen. Ted Kennedy Jr. (D-Branford) — son of former U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) — wants to give state government control over what happens to citizens’ organs after they die.

Kennedy recently introduced SB 750, which would automatically enroll Connecticut’s citizens in the organ donation program.

“It’s a bill that would seem to indicate that the state owns your body unless you say otherwise.”
    “If people want to donate their organs after death, I have no problem with that at all, but it should not be coercive in any way,” state Sen. Len Suzio (R-Meriden) told the local Connecticut newspaper The Record-Journal.

As is the case in most states, citizens currently must choose to opt into the organ donor program. Were SB 750 to pass, however, the state would automatically assume a citizen’s consent and could harvest his organs after death, unless he went through the proactive process of opting out of the program beforehand.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/c...ngraham_buffer
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

That's it. You need to start drinking and smoking more. Also don't skip your vitamin B(acon).

Seriously, though, if I die suddenly and some of my organs can save someone's life, let 'em have it. I'm in paradise anyway.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      That's it. You need to start drinking and smoking more. Also don't skip your vitamin B(acon).

Seriously, though, if I die suddenly and some of my organs can save someone's life, let 'em have it. I'm in paradise anyway.

fwiw,
      guacamole
      I have no problem with donating organs - IF IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It is- you can opt out if you don't want to do so, much like opting in now. See no reason why it might be a bad thing personally.

Comment

I wouldn't care. I won't be using them anyway. Somebody else might as well.

Yes, I am a donor.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            It is- you can opt out if you don't want to do so, much like opting in now. See no reason why it might be a bad thing personally.
            The article mentions this, but from what the local news reports say, it will be difficult to opt out, you have to actually go to the State agency.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Yes, I am a donor.
              Yes, that is your CHOICE.

Comment

You know what they're gonna do, Seer? The death panels are gonna take your organs away before you're actually dead. It'll be like a reverse abortion.

Seriously, stop fetishizing every element of choice.

fwiw,
                guacamole
                Save me, save me"

Comment

You know what they're gonna do, Seer? The death panels are gonna take your organs away before you're actually dead. It'll be like a reverse abortion.

Seriously, stop fetishizing every element of choice.

fwiw,
                  guacamole
                  The government should pass a law that claims all of your assets unless you opt out.
                  I could see that being good for the treasury.

I think these things should be the choice of the family.
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I think the government should be able to take your organs at will.
                    After all, a kidney isn't a sentient being and as such it has no rights.
                    It is like some sort of parasite growing in your gut - plus, you have two of them and you should be compelled to share.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      The government should pass a law that claims all of your assets unless you opt out.

I think the government should be able to take your organs at will.
                      After all, a kidney isn't a sentient being and as such it has no rights.
                      It is like some sort of parasite growing in your gut - plus, you have two of them and you should be compelled to share.

Reductio much?

I mean, you're dead. Are we proposing a new class of post mortem rights? Civil rights for the choir invisible?

fwiw,
                      guacamole
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Reductio much?

I mean, you're dead. Are we proposing a new class of post mortem rights? Civil rights for the choir invisible?

fwiw,
                        guacamole
                        The law is changing the current long held practice.
                        The correct question would be: Are you proposing a new class of government rights?

The position of "he didn't say we couldn't do that; therefore, we can" is idiotic.
                        Ask any drunk jock who has lost his scholarships over an angry co-ed who didn't 'opt in' to sex.

Incidentally, I object on behalf of the family who will have to live through the horror of having a 16yr. old son carved up like a Christmas ham just because some paperwork wasn't filed.
                        I honest to God don't know what is wrong with you people.
                        I have to file paper work so my kid isn't pieced out like an old Honda?

Retards.

Comment

The correct question would be: Are you proposing a new class of government rights?

The position of "he didn't say we couldn't do that; therefore, we can" is idiotic.
                          Ask any drunk jock who has lost his scholarships over an angry co-ed who didn't 'opt in' to sex.

Incidentally, I object on behalf of the family who will have to live through the horror of having a 16yr. old son carved up like a Christmas ham just because some paperwork wasn't filed.

Retards.
                          You honest to God don't know what is wrong with people like me? The pro-life position here?
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

They already do that. If you don't have a will (opt out) and no next of kin, the government takes all of your assets.

Comment

Retards.
                              Dear Gerbil, it seems that Darth Executor has hacked your account.

Comment