Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Racist Tweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that Trump was encouraged to criticize Elijah Cumming's disastrous Baltimore district by former NFL star Jack Brewer.

"I had a chance to meet with President Trump, and I told him please call out Elijah Cummings and Baltimore. I asked him to do that three weeks ago and he did it," the former NFL linebacker said on Fox Nation’s “Deep Dive.”

Brewer explained he was motivated to reach out to Trump after a visit to Baltimore.

“I'm seeing these kids that don't have any core, no culture within them. They don't have anyone teaching them or training them," he said.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...mings-n2551726

Is it still considered racist when a white man criticizes a black at the prompting of another black man?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Is it still considered racist when a white man criticizes a black at the prompting of an uncle tom?
      There fixed it...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Is it still considered racist when a white man criticizes a black at the prompting of another black man?
        By now you should realize that whatever Trump may say or do will be considered racist among the TDS crowd.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It seems that Trump was encouraged to criticize Elijah Cumming's disastrous Baltimore district by former NFL star Jack Brewer.

"I had a chance to meet with President Trump, and I told him please call out Elijah Cummings and Baltimore. I asked him to do that three weeks ago and he did it," the former NFL linebacker said on Fox Nation’s “Deep Dive.”

Brewer explained he was motivated to reach out to Trump after a visit to Baltimore.

“I'm seeing these kids that don't have any core, no culture within them. They don't have anyone teaching them or training them," he said.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...mings-n2551726

The word "white" is in that sentence, so, yeah.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            By now you should realize that whatever Trump may say or do will be considered racist among the TDS crowd.
            Their unified cry of "COLLUSION" has been replaced by the unified cry of "RACIST"!!!!! I wonder if Jimmy's fax machine is broken.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Their unified cry of "COLLUSION" has been replaced by the unified cry of "RACIST"!!!!! I wonder if Jimmy's fax machine is broken.
              He really seems to be in denial about Mueller's nothing-burger.

Comment

He really seems to be in denial about Mueller's nothing-burger.
                Oh, but just you wait, MM - you're gonna have the shock of your life when they produce overwhelming proof that there was massive collusion and cover-up!!!!

(unfortunately, it will be all about Hillary )

Comment

Oh, but just you wait, MM - you're gonna have the shock of your life when they produce overwhelming proof that there was massive collusion and cover-up!!!!

That may happen yet - between the insane efforts to get Trump and the Epstein debacle there are questions being thrown her way.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Seeing rumors about a recent document release revealing that the Chinese government had what was effectively a live drop box in Hillary's email server that would forward all inbound and outbound communication to a Chinese email address.

Comment

Seeing rumors about a recent document release revealing that the Chinese government had what was effectively a live drop box in Hillary's email server that would forward all inbound and outbound communication to a Chinese email address.
                      I thought we knew that. I thought somebody had talked about the Chicoms reading Hillary's "realtime".

Comment

I thought we knew that. I thought somebody had talked about the Chicoms reading Hillary's "realtime".
                        I think we all suspected it, but this, if true, is undeniable proof.

Thank God she didn't become president. Can you imagine how much leverage they would have had over her?

Comment

I think we all suspected it, but this, if true, is undeniable proof.

Thank God she didn't become president. Can you imagine how much leverage they would have had over her?
                          So, Trump prophesied this one year ago!

August 29, 2018...

In late-night tweet, Donald Trump accuses China of hacking Hillary Clinton’s emails

US President Donald Trump said on Twitter that China hacked the emails of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton but did not offer any evidence or further information.

“Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!” he tweeted a little after midnight on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Excepting the part about being completely wrong, sure. The Civil Rights movement had been over for 20 years - it had done all the damage it was going to do. The leftward shift of the Democratic Party did what that rift totally failed to do - it caused the South to finally split with the Democratic party.
                            The civil rights movement was over for 20 years? what are you talking about? The south was democrat, like you said, because of their racist stance against republican reconstructionism. So, the democrats in the south were the party of white supremacists. In 48 Truman, a democrat, introduced a pro civil rights platform which angered the supremacists and they split the racist democrat party in the south. They called themselves the Dixiecrats, and when Johnson passed the civil rights act of 1964, and voting rights in 1965 the south went solidly republican.
                            To actually go off on a tangent, the '64 CRA actually got some (very few) Southern Democrat votes.
                            Tea, that only goes to prove my point. The overwhelming majority of southern democrats voted against democrat L.B Johnsons civil rights legislation.
                            CRA (votes in yea/nay format):
                            Source: Wikipedia

The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
                            • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
                            • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
                            • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

© Copyright Original Source

Again, this data only goes to prove my point. Southern democrats hated republicans due to reconstruction, but then hated democrats due to their civil rights stances. They became republicans for the same reason they went to war against the north, they were white supremacist who hated reconstructionism and they hated civil rights reforms.

Source
                            Notice that the Southern Republicans - all eleven of them - voted against.
                            Yes, and notice nearly all the democrats voted along with those republicans. Kind of makes the point right there!

Couldn't find the VRA voting record by state but I'd be surprised if any Southern states voted for something that punitive.
                            Of course they didn't, why would white supremacist southern democrats vote against civil rights for African Americans and then vote for voting rights for African Americans?
                            Last edited by JimL; 08-15-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              The civil rights movement was over for 20 years? what are you talking about? The south was democrat, like you said, because of their racist stance against republican reconstructionism. So, the democrats in the south were the party of white supremacists. In 48 Truman, a democrat, introduced a pro civil rights platform which angered the supremacists and they split the racist democrat party in the south. They called themselves the Dixiecrats, and when Johnson passed the civil rights act of 1964, and voting rights in 1965 the south went solidly republican.
                              When the South actually became majority Republican the civil Rights Movement had been over for twenty years - it doesn't happen until the 1990's.

Dixiecrats were not then - OR EVER - Republicans. You literally could have gotten yourself shot by calling one of them a Republican to his face back then. They DESPISED the Republicans. Southern Democrats didn't let go of Reconstruction until after the Civil Rights Movement was OVER - and by a number of years.

Tea, that only goes to prove my point. The overwhelming majority of southern democrats voted against democrat L.B Johnsons civil rights legislation.
                              That wasn't your point - you keep insisting Southern Democrats became Republicans 20 years before it actually happened.

It's more interesting that ANY Southern Democrats voted in favor - and it does go against your 'they were Republicans in sheep's clothing' theory. Well, at least your version of Republicans.

Again, this data only goes to prove my point. Southern democrats hated republicans due to reconstruction, but then hated democrats due to their civil rights stances. They became republicans for the same reason they went to war against the north, they were white supremacist who hated reconstructionism and they hated civil rights reforms.
                              No, it most certainly does not. First off, the Republicans aren't what you keep making them out to be. But mostly, you are talking about people that literally HATED the Republicans where they were only really ticked off with the Democrats.

Yes, and notice nearly all the democrats voted along with those republicans. Kind of makes the point right there!
                              That Southern Republicans weren't total imbeciles? When did that become your point?

Of course they didn't, why would white supremacist southern democrats vote against civil rights for African Americans and then vote for voting rights for African Americans.
                              The South is far more complex than that - had the North understood it, the Civil Rights Movement would have resulted in much less violence. The VRA is a nasty piece of punitive legislation that no sane person would vote for - had it not been curtailed there would be some Northern states finding out just how nasty it was just about now.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                When the South actually became majority Republican the civil Rights Movement had been over for twenty years - it doesn't happen until the 1990's.

Dixiecrats were not then - OR EVER - Republicans. You literally could have gotten yourself shot by calling one of them a Republican to his face back then. They DESPISED the Republicans. Southern Democrats didn't let go of Reconstruction until after the Civil Rights Movement was OVER - and by a number of years.
                                That was before the civil rights movement Tea, of course the south was anti Lincoln reconstructionist republican, but the reason for the switch to republican was the democrat party's civil rights agenda. Southerners don't want to admit that now anymore than they want to admit that the civil war was over slavery. It was!

That wasn't your point - you keep insisting Southern Democrats became Republicans 20 years before it actually happened.
                                No, not my point, my point is that the reason for the change was the Democrat party's support for civil rights. Just look back to the stats you posted where southern democrats voted overwhelmingly agaist their own party, and with their republican counterparts against civil rights legislation. At that point they were still democrats, but democrats in name only.
                                It's more interesting that ANY Southern Democrats voted in favor - and it does go against your 'they were Republicans in sheep's clothing' theory. Well, at least your version of Republicans.
                                Why is that interesting at all? The only interesting thing about the fact that there were only 7 out of 95 southern democrats who voted for the civil rights reform, is the fact that there were only 7 who voted yea. The vast majority of democrats voted along with the republicans against their own party.

No, it most certainly does not. First off, the Republicans aren't what you keep making them out to be. But mostly, you are talking about people that literally HATED the Republicans where they were only really ticked off with the Democrats.
                                Tea, you're confusing two separate issues. The south hated republicans after the civil war, Lincoln, reconstruction, etc. That was a long time ago. But, they began to turn on the democrats for the same reason, i.e. civil rights, and that culminated into the 1960' and 70's. until the present where they are still fairly solidly republican. Though there are cracks now showing in that old southern racist armor.

That Southern Republicans weren't total imbeciles? When did that become your point?
                                Never said southern republicans were imbeciles, I implied they were racists, and so were the southern democrats that joined them in trying to block civil rights reforms.

The South is far more complex than that - had the North understood it, the Civil Rights Movement would have resulted in much less violence. The VRA is a nasty piece of punitive legislation that no sane person would vote for - had it not been curtailed there would be some Northern states finding out just how nasty it was just about now.
                                Yes, we all know the line. What was nasty was the souths uncivil, unequal, treatment of African Americans which resulted in civil rights reform and the VRA pushed by the democrats.
                                Last edited by JimL; 08-16-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment