Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Media Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    2020 cannot come soon enough...
    You almost sound like you're looking forward to Trump's reelection.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Carpe and SoR in the same thread? This is going to be confusing.
      Yeah, ya gotta do a doubletake.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I can't tell if carpe is being sarcastic or if someone like Darth Executor hijacked his account.
        It is not first time carped said that. Slightly-less-triggered prog's need to explain rise of Trump cos even they must face some facts. At same time carped attacks Trump, saying only strength of Trump is making media image, nothing much else!

I've actually acknowledged this several times. Trump has historically sucked as a business man. He'd been through multiple bankruptcies, and managed many of his properties through bullying. When "The Apprentice" was pitched to him, he was essentially flat broke - but he recognized the attraction of the reality TV genre and the potential for him to use it to paint a portait of himself as a mogul, business savvy, etc. On the power of that show, he relaunched himself, not so much as a real estate business, but as a licensee of the name and persona he had created (Embedded did a good podcast series on this here). A huge number of the products he attempted to brand with that name subsequently failed (liquor, universities, etc.). Even a powerful brand can be eventually killed by a really bad product. But the properties did reasonably well, because they were golf courses, hotels, and rental properties supported by the strength of that brand. And then he rode that persona, and a savvy reading of how to manipulate press and social outrage, right into the White House.

Unfortunately, IMO, it's pretty much the only thing he's good at. He's a political noephyte. He's thin-skinned. He's narcissistic to the point of pathology. He lies almost incessantly. He seems to thrive on management through chaos. He admires despots and dictators (and other "strong men"). He is swayed by pretty much anyone pandering to him. He demands loyalty but does not give it in return. His list of faults is...well...pretty long.

2020 cannot come soon enough...
        Can't wait for 2020!!! Will libs still be sticking head into ground, crying about how Trump sucks?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Alright, I've decided that since Carp was on Tweb a year before me, and even though the avatars are pictures of two completely different galaxies, my avatar is going to be different from here on.

Goodbye, Messier 83!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            Alright, I've decided that since Carp was on Tweb a year before me, and even though the avatars are pictures of two completely different galaxies, my avatar is going to be different from here on.

Goodbye, Messier 83!

Bless you, sir!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We should all start using that avatar.

Comment

We should all start using that avatar.
                Well, you have to admit, it's a pretty cool avatar.

Comment

Well, you have to admit, it's a pretty cool avatar.
                  It is! Is it an orange, or a tangerine?

Comment

You almost sound like you're looking forward to Trump's reelection.
                    I am looking forward to him going down in flames...
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Goodbye, Messier 83!

Bummer - I liked having an avatar buddy!
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I am looking forward to him going down in flames...
                        Seven more years to go. I'm sure you guys will get him eventually.

Comment

Seven more years to go. I'm sure you guys will get him eventually.
                          I'll tell you what, MM - if Trump is elected in 2020 - I'll personally send you a gift certificate to a restaurant of your choice, and oyu can go and dine on me.

Comment

I'll tell you what, MM - if Trump is elected in 2020 - I'll personally send you a gift certificate to a restaurant of your choice, and oyu can go and dine on me.
                            Ruth's Chris!!!!

1200px-Ruths_Chris_Logo.svg.jpg

Comment

I doubt Trump will make it to 2020 at this rate.

Comment

I doubt Trump will make it to 2020 at this rate.
                                Look at how many doubted he would make it trough the primary, or to the general election, or through the first 90 days or year.....

Comment