Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What should a married Christian do when not ready to have children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should a married Christian do when not ready to have children?

What should a married Christian do when not ready to have children? Or I suppose anyone really if they are married and not in a position to have kids at the time?
    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-29-2015, 04:48 PM.
    I am become death...

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
    What should a married Christian do when not ready to have children?
    Not have children by utilizing birth control methods.

Comment

Having knowledge of how fertility (and especially your fertility) works will be helpful not only in avoiding conceiving when the timing isn't right, but in having kids if/when you are ready.

In other words, look into Natural Family Planning methods.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

They often come at the wrong time anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
          Not have children by utilizing birth control methods.
          There are many different kinds.
          I am become death...

Comment

There are many different kinds.
            Variety is the spice of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              Variety is the spice of life.
              Yeah... Not very helpful.
              I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                Having knowledge of how fertility (and especially your fertility) works will be helpful not only in avoiding conceiving when the timing isn't right, but in having kids if/when you are ready.

In other words, look into Natural Family Planning methods.
                We tried that..... And we all know what we brought back from our honeymoon. That said if you DO use NFP research it extensively to make sure you are a good candidate for it. Otherwise I strongly believe in non hormonal dual barriers aka diaphragm and condoms or spermicide gel and a condom sponge and condom but that is more my personal philosophy that life begins AAT conception not at implantation. Some hormones prevent not just conception but implantation. Morally of course I am against this.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

IMO, if one is "ready" to be married, then one should be "ready" for the natural consequences - i.e., children.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    We tried that..... And we all know what we brought back from our honeymoon. That said if you DO use NFP research it extensively to make sure you are a good candidate for it. Otherwise I strongly believe in non hormonal dual barriers aka diaphragm and condoms or spermicide gel and a condom sponge and condom but that is more my personal philosophy that life begins AAT conception not at implantation. Some hormones prevent not just conception but implantation. Morally of course I am against this.
                    You do know what they call people who rely on the rhythm system for birth control. Parents.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      IMO, if one is "ready" to be married, then one should be "ready" for the natural consequences - i.e., children.
                      Does that include medical concerns with safely carrying the child to term or is that the responsibility readiness that you speak of?
                      Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM.
                      I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        You do know what they call people who rely on the rhythm system for birth control. Parents.
                        If it is done right, it's pretty effective. It's something that takes some time to get down well and does not work well for women who are not very regular.
                        Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM.
                        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          There are hormonal birth controls that don't prevent implantation?
                          I am become death...

Comment

Does that include medical concerns with safely carrying the child to term or is that the responsibility readiness that you speak of?
                            If there are medical concerns with safely carrying the child to term, how would waiting help? I'm just not convinced that deliberately circumventing a natural biological function for convenience is in any way Christian.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

If it is done right, it's pretty effective. It's something that takes some time to get down well and does not work well for women who are not very regular.
                              Well, and the old fashioned "rhythm" method is quite different than modern forms of NFP.

In any case, I'm as regular as a calendar so it'll probably be one of my go-tos.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X