Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    No, I mean that you do not understand the context. You can easily read up on it if you want. Shokin was a corrupt prosecutor who took bribes from crooks.
    even if that is true, what business is it of Joe Biden to interfere with another country's government and internal affairs? Weren't you the one who was just complaining about Russia interfering with the USA? Not to mention this was the same prosecutor that was going to investigate the company Biden got his son a seat on the board with. If Trump had done anything similar you liberals would be screaming for his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      even if that is true, what business is it of Joe Biden to interfere with another country's government and internal affairs? Weren't you the one who was just complaining about Russia interfering with the USA? Not to mention this was the same prosecutor that was going to investigate the company Biden got his son a seat on the board with. If Trump had done anything similar you liberals would be screaming for his head.

Read the history, not the Russkie disinformation.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Read the history....
        History is often written by the bad guys who killed the good guys!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          History is often written by the bad guys who killed the good guys!
          The non-delegation doctrine; it’s beginning to make a little more sense. Is this, do you think, helping to bring about the destruction of the administrative state, on a more rapid timescale than Republicans had hoped for?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            Turley nailed it today, on so many levels...
            He also made the very excellent point that while abuse of power can be an impeachable offense, it must be proven and not merely inferred. The general thrust of his testimony was that Democrats have simply failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to justify removing a president from office. The others were basically saying, "If we define what Trump did as a high crime and misdemeanor then he is guilty and should be impeached!"
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Republican Representative Tom Reed says that more and more of his Democrat colleagues are quietly opposing impeachment.

Comment

• And we know you believe him too, don't you, MM?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  ...which means Biden's quid pro quo was TOTally justified.

I love the way you troll.
                  Biden didn't make a quid pro quo, Obama did, and in that case it was perfectly legal since the quo wasn't for Obama's personal gain. Ridding Ukraine of corruption and aiding a fledgling democracy was a benefit to the National Security of our country, not to mention the rest of Europe.

Comment

Impeachment report is out. Investigation and obstruction ongoing. Next stage about to start. It’s police work that could have been done by the corrupt Barr, but wasn’t. Quite ironic as things turn out.
                    Yep, Schiff releases confidential information about a political rival - info that had no business in any report.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Indeed. "staid and productive fact-finding work" would probably not be how most would describe it.
                      Oh now, be fair - they might...

...not with a straight face...

But they might, Rabbit, they might....
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 12-05-2019, 01:31 AM.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

What the heck are you even going on about? I did not mention Russia. I gave you a link to the actual video of Biden admitting his crime on camera, as I initially mentioned. I guess you have no actual response do now you just feel like trolling?
                        He's been trolling for a week now.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Read the history, not the Russkie disinformation.
                          so basically you got nothing but, "uh-uh!" as a response. Sad, very sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            He also made the very excellent point that while abuse of power can be an impeachable offense, it must be proven and not merely inferred. The general thrust of his testimony was that Democrats have simply failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to justify removing a president from office. The others were basically saying, "If we define what Trump did as a high crime and misdemeanor then he is guilty and should be impeached!"
                            And if they do lower the bar to "We don't like how the president acts, so we are impeaching him" what makes them think the Republicans won't do it to them when a Democrat is elected President? That's the danger of making petty disagreements into impeachable offenses.

Comment

And if they do lower the bar to "We don't like how the president acts, so we are impeaching him" what makes them think the Republicans won't do it to them when a Democrat is elected President? That's the danger of making petty disagreements into impeachable offenses.
                              Except Republicans have shown that even when an investigation is justified, they have little stomach for it and move past it as quickly as possible, often without anybody being held accountable. I doubt they would ever go for impeachment on such thin grounds as a policy disagreement.

The greater danger is to the American people, because if our government can frame a president for a crime that was never committed, then what's to stop them from doing it to you and me?

Comment

• We don't need your Breitbart hearsay.

Ambassador Sondland publicly testified there was a quid pro quo for Ukraine to announce an investigation and that it came at the 'express direction of the President.' "Everyone was in the loop," he said. "It was no secret”. This has been confirmed by senior U.S. diplomats and national security experts who have testified before Congress about maneuvering by President Donald Trump or aides to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. Soliciting foreign interference in a US election is an impeachable offence and all indications are that this was precisely what Trump was attempting to do. .
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment