Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    I guess it would, to a moron.

ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control and risk resulting in non-consensual sex, can be classified as a mental illness requiring therapy…or jail if they’re acted upon.
    So again, if someone has the urge to have sex with children and seeks psychiatric help to keep it under control so that he doesn't act on it, under your theory he would not have a mental illness because he didn't act upon it.

Comment

I guess it would, to a moron.

ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control and risk resulting in non-consensual sex, can be classified as a mental illness requiring therapy…or jail if they’re acted upon.
      So again, if someone has the urge to have sex with children and seeks psychiatric help to keep it under control so that he doesn't act on it, under your theory he would not have a mental illness because he didn't act upon it.

Comment

Congratulations. You've just argued that every rapist and child molester should be entitled to the 'temporary insanity' defense in court.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Congratulations. You've just argued that every rapist and child molester should be entitled to the 'temporary insanity' defense in court.
          That is why when I was talking about pedophiles I said, "Insane or evil" - because there are some out there who are perfectly sane but do things from a standpoint of selfishness and evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. JimL is correct about your comprehension problem.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. JimL is correct about your comprehension problem.
              Are you insane? So if you have an urge to have sex with your wife and give in to that urge and have sex with your wife, according to you you are insane.

Tassman, please stop while you are only neck deep in the hole you dug for yourself. I can't take much more of this. I am laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.

dims.gif

Comment

Are you insane? So if you have an urge to have sex with your wife and give in to that urge and have sex with your wife, according to you you are insane.

Tassman, please stop while you are only neck deep in the hole you dug for yourself. I can't take much more of this. I am laughing so hard I can't catch my breath.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37092[/ATTACH]
                The very fact that Tassman thinks "JimL is correct" should cast doubt on his sanity.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The very fact that Tassman thinks "JimL is correct" should cast doubt on his sanity.
                  I am still getting over the flu and I was laughing so hard I started coughing again. Tassman should do standup comedy.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37092[/ATTACH]
                    Apparently you can't grasp the difference between giving into the urge of consentual sex with, and the raping of, your wife, Sparko. Tassman is suggesting that the latter is a mental illness problem, not the former, as you, and CP, once again miscomprehend.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Apparently you can't grasp the difference between giving into the urge of consentual sex with, and the raping of, your wife, Sparko. Tassman is suggesting that the latter is a mental illness problem, not the former, as you, and CP, once again miscomprehend.
                      The term is "consensual sex", Jimmy. And by defining it as "mental illness", you and Reverend Tassman are unwittingly allowing rapists an unjust defense in court. All they have to do is claim temporary insanity. It would really suck to be a rape victim at your mercy.

Comment

He said, "ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. "

Any. nothing about consensual either.

And he is also now trying to make external factors to be the determining cause if something is a mental illness, which is an internal condition. Consent from someone else can't determine if an abnormal urge is a mental illness or not. It either is or isn't.

If you want to have sex with your sister, that is abnormal whether or not she consents to it. If she consents it just make her as abnormal as you are.

Comment

You’re a laugh a minute, Sparko.

No definition of mental illness can adequately specify precise boundaries for the concept of ‘mental disorder.’ But, as previously argued, the common psychological criteria for what constitute a mental disorder is: ‘IF such thoughts result in significant distress [i.e. emotional distress] or impairment of personal functioning’ [i.e. socially unacceptable behavior] then they are categorized as a mental disorder. This would include uncontrollable sexual urges that meet the above criteria. Do you really think this is referring to sex with one’s wife?

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          He said, "ANY

If you want to have sex with your sister, that is abnormal whether or not she consents to it. If she consents it just make her as abnormal as you are.
                          I think we can safely say that "wanting to have sex with your sister" comes under the heading of "socially unacceptable behavior" as per above.
                          Last edited by Tassman; 05-18-2019, 12:44 AM.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The term is "consensual sex", Jimmy. And by defining it as "mental illness", you and Reverend Tassman are unwittingly allowing rapists an unjust defense in court. All they have to do is claim temporary insanity. It would really suck to be a rape victim at your mercy.
                            I don't necessarily tag the rapist as mentally ill, although as Tass points out it is socially unacceptable behavior which I suppose could be categorized as a mental illness. Btw, mental illness and insanity are two different categories.

Comment

He said, "ANY sexual urges which cannot be kept under control are classified as a mental illness. "
                              Well, if you have no control over what you do, then that sounds like mental illness, no?
                              Any. nothing about consensual either.
                              If it's consensual, then it's not out of control behavior.

And he is also now trying to make external factors to be the determining cause if something is a mental illness, which is an internal condition. Consent from someone else can't determine if an abnormal urge is a mental illness or not. It either is or isn't.
                              Abnormal is a social term, not conforming to social norms is not necessarily a mental illness.
                              That is not necessarily a mental illness. I actually knew incestuous siblings back in high school and they were otherwise perfectly sane and happy.

Comment

I don't necessarily tag the rapist as mentally ill, although as Tass points out it is socially unacceptable behavior which I suppose could be categorized as a mental illness. Btw, mental illness and insanity are two different categories.
                                This actually sounds like a reasoned response, Jimmy! Let me bask in that a bit before countering.

Comment