Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

The Secret To Happiness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret To Happiness!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...ode-happiness/

After decades of studying and working with tens of thousands of patients, researchers at the Mayo Clinic say they’ve cracked the code to being happy.

“You can choose to live focusing on what is not right in your life,” Dr. Sood said.

Experts say the human mind is instinctively restless, wandering from good thoughts to sad thoughts, scary thoughts and everything in between.

But if we learn to command our thoughts, shifting perspective away from the negative, and embrace the positive, we will be happier, experts say.

“Resiliency has everything to do with happiness,” Dr. Sood said.
    This is me all over! That is why I'm so happy, because I always focus on the positive!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters already knew that.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters already knew that.
      Oh, you mean we didn't have to spend millions of dollars and years of research to find that out?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Oh, you mean we didn't have to spend millions of dollars and years of research to find that out?
        You coulda asked my gramma! She knowed this all along!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Of course as Christians we know that happiness is not the highest goal in life.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Of course as Christians we know that happiness is not the highest goal in life.
            Thanks, Jonny RainCloud.

Comment

Moderator Notice

Moving to Psychology 101.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I find it mildly amusing that the Psychology forum is in the Liberal Arts section of TWeb, rather than the Science section.

Comment

That is not funny, it is accurate.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    That is not funny, it is accurate.
                    It's both.

Comment