Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue One

Everybody got their tickets? I'm going Friday night.

I'm pretty excited about it, and expectations are high. I'm a hopeless nerd, I know.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

I'm pretty excited about it, and expectations are high. I'm a hopeless nerd, I know.
    Real rogues don't need no steenkin' tickets

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have very low expectations. And I am a Star Wars nut. Not sure I will even see it. Something just not right about it to me...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        I have very low expectations. And I am a Star Wars nut. Not sure I will even see it. Something just not right about it to me...
        Obviously you're just a bigoted rogueophobe.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

I am not impressed with the special effects and repetitive boring childish plots of Star Wars movies. I may eventually watch it on the cheap, but no hurry.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

So is Rogue one, rogue06's great-great-great-etc grandfather?

Comment

I plan to see it Tuesday morning. I don't like crowds.
              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                Always go to the first showing of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Yeah, as a huge fan of the original trilogy, I felt that Lucas did lots of damage with the prequels, and when Disney took over I had new hope that they were going to strike back, and we were going to see a return to the epicness of the originals. And while I enjoyed Force Awakens, I'm concerned that having a new film every year, with side stories every other year is going to water the franchise down. It's going to be like the Marvel films where we get maybe a few really good films with a bunch of "meh" films in between. Honestly, I'm burnt out on superhero films. I don't want to have that same feeling about Star Wars. When I go see a Star Wars film, I want that wide-eyed feel of going to something special that I did as a kid. I haven't felt that way in a theater since forever. The closest in recent memory I've come to that feeling is Mad Max: Fury Road. It was just so bigger than life, but even that film felt tiny next to the epicness of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                    I love going to a crowded theater for these types of films. Seeing the audience react to something on screen puts a smile on my face. It means that the film's creators connected with their audience somehow. I mean, sometimes that ticks me off, like in the case of Transformers 2 where the audience seemed to think that stupid film was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. I literally couldn't stand it anymore, and had to walk out, but most of the time I love it. When people jump at a good jump scare in a horror film, it makes me smile. Or when an audience is sobbing when ET finally goes home, it breaks my heart. I love seeing the power of film on an audience. It's a big reason I go to the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      I love going to a crowded theater for these types of films. Seeing the audience react to something on screen puts a smile on my face. It means that the film's creators connected with their audience somehow. I mean, sometimes that ticks me off, like in the case of Transformers 2 where the audience seemed to think that stupid film was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. I literally couldn't stand it anymore, and had to walk out, but most of the time I love it. When people jump at a good jump scare in a horror film, it makes me smile. Or when an audience is sobbing when ET finally goes home, it breaks my heart. I love seeing the power of film on an audience. It's a big reason I go to the theater.
                      Too busy watching the movie to pay attention to those watching it unless they're being disruptive

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Too busy watching the movie to pay attention to those watching it unless they're being disruptive
                        I usually rather just wait for a movie to come out on Netflix. About the only movies I will go to see in the theater are Star Trek movies, but that is only because it has become a tradition for me and some old friends to go to Trek movies together. Kinda like a reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Eh, I mean, I'm watching the film too, but I'm rarely so engrossed that I can't look around the room once in awhile and watch others enjoying it. There's just something so communal about the movie theater going experience. It's an over hundred year old tradition. I think it's sad that that experience is now considered such a nuisance to so many people, and I imagine someday that tradition will be gone.

Comment

When I was watching Force Awakens in a packed theater and Han and Chewie showed up for the first time, some guy yelled, "Yeah!" It was funny.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I just watched it. I was blown away. It came off a little slow and clumsy in the beginning, but it kept building momentum. 5/5, and that's the only movie I've given that rating this year.

Exactly the sort of movie they should have made after Episode 6.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X