Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prosecutors on Muller's team withdraw from Roger Stone case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosecutors on Muller's team withdraw from Roger Stone case

All four prosecutors in the Roger Stone case withdrew from their roles after the Justice Department reversed course in seeking a lengthy prison sentence for the Republican operative.

The officials, three of whom were members of special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating a possible criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, left after President Trump condemned the original sentencing recommendation of up to nine years in prison.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ger-stone-case
    The lowest energy nothinburger so far. Sad!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    The lowest energy nothinburger so far. Sad!
    The 4 prosecutors resigned in protest because the dictator and chief by way of his Roy Cohn, i.e. Atty Gen. Barr, has subverted the DOJ by unprecedentedly intervening in a case to help a criminal loyalists of the President. Then they fired the U.S. attorney in Washington, Jessie Liu, in charge of that case for not doing enough to protect Stone, and replaced her with A.G. Barr's top assisstant, Timothy Shea. There is a coup going on from within but the Trumpsters are to blind to see it.

Comment

If they are convicting people for lying, they need to arrest Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer and crew. They created an entire witch hunt from smoke and lied the whole way through.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        The 4 prosecutors resigned in protest because the dictator and chief by way of his Roy Cohn, i.e. Atty Gen. Barr, has subverted the DOJ by unprecedentedly intervening in a case to help a criminal loyalists of the President. Then they fired the U.S. attorney in Washington, Jessie Liu, in charge of that case for not doing enough to protect Stone, and replaced her with A.G. Barr's top assisstant, Timothy Shea. There is a coup going on from within but the Trumpsters are to blind to see it.
        What are you talking about? It was the rogue prosecutors who subverted the DOJ by recommending an extreme sentence without clearing it with their bosses!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          What are you talking about? It was the rogue prosecutors who subverted the DOJ by recommending an extreme sentence without clearing it with their bosses!
          Well that's the air head version, but I'm talking reality, MM.

Comment

Well that's the air head version, but I'm talking reality, MM.
            Capture.JPG
            https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/sta...86163939000320

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If they are convicting people for lying, they need to arrest Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer and crew. They created an entire witch hunt from smoke and lied the whole way through.
              Lying to Congress is a crime, except for Congressmen.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And you think that tells you something different? Who is the senior "DOJ official" she talked to, and what do you think is meant by "the Department" in the department was shocked? Could the former Fox News reporter have possibly been refering to Atty. Gen. Barr in both cases. Fact is, what Barr did in overiding the prosecutors sentencing recommendation is never done, and it is obvious it was only done in this case because it was politically motivated.

Comment

Could the former Fox News reporter have possibly been refering to Atty. Gen. Barr in both cases.
                    Probably not.

...overiding the prosecutors sentencing recommendation is never done...
                    And recommending a sentence without clearing it with DOJ higher-ups first is never done, and yet, that's exactly what happened.

Comment

Probably not.

And recommending a sentence without clearing it with DOJ higher-ups first is never done, and yet, that's exactly what happened.
                      Accept the recomendation was cleared and signed by the U.S. Atty in Washington assigned to oversee the case by Barr himself. Barr, just like the president is a blatant liar. Barr admitted that the prosecutor, as he put it just stopped by for a chat, and there was some kind of a misunderstanding concerning the recomendation. He wants you to believe now that he told the prosecutor one thing, and that the prosecutor went out and defied the atty gen. anyway. It's a ludicrous defense by the Atty Gen. aimed at the naive.

Comment

Accept the recomendation was cleared and signed by the U.S. Atty in Washington assigned to oversee the case by Barr himself. Barr, just like the president is a blatant liar. Barr admitted that the prosecutor, as he put it just stopped by for a chat, and there was some kind of a misunderstanding concerning the recomendation. He wants you to believe now that he told the prosecutor one thing, and that the prosecutor went out and defied the atty gen. anyway. It's a ludicrous defense by the Atty Gen. aimed at the naive.
                        I know willful ignorance is your natural state, but do try to keep up. According to the CBS report I referenced earlier, what was recommended to the court is not what was briefed to the DOJ, so there was definitely some funny business going on requiring unusual intervention to correct the matter.

Comment

I know willful ignorance is your natural state, but do try to keep up. According to the CBS report I referenced earlier, what was recommended to the court is not what was briefed to the DOJ, so there was definitely some funny business going on requiring unusual intervention to correct the matter.
                          Yes, I know you believe Barr, that the prosecutors just defied the Atty Gen, but you are naive and blinded by your lack of critical thinking abilities. The Atty Gen. defied the legal standards of his own dept which is to go by the sentencing guidelines, which is exactly what the prosecutors did. Barr is simply following Trumps orders even if those orders come via tweet. I suspect that the Judge will ignore the Presidents threats and make her own judgement and then at some point Trump who believes he is the law, will further demean the rule of law and pardon his partner in crime.

Comment

Yes, I know you believe Barr, that the prosecutors just defied the Atty Gen, but you are naive and blinded by your lack of critical thinking abilities. The Atty Gen. defied the legal standards of his own dept which is to go by the sentencing guidelines, which is exactly what the prosecutors did. Barr is simply following Trumps orders even if those orders come via tweet. I suspect that the Judge will ignore the Presidents threats and make her own judgement and then at some point Trump who believes he is the law, will further demean the rule of law and pardon his partner in crime.
                            DOJ says that the they were already in the process of correcting the error when Trump tweeted, and in fact, Barr recently said he wishes Trump would cool it with the Twitter nonsense because it's making it impossible for him to do his job.

By the way, Barr has agreed to testify about this matter before the House, so it's all going to come out. All of it, and I guarantee the Democrats will very quickly wish it hadn't.

Comment

DOJ says that the they were already in the process of correcting the error when Trump tweeted, and in fact, Barr recently said he wishes Trump would cool it with the Twitter nonsense because it's making it impossible for him to do his job.
                              The DOJ in this case is the Atty Gen., and the Atty Gen isn't going to incriminate himself now is he. The fact is that the tweet came first, the overiding of the prosecutors sentencing recomendations came second.
                              By the way, Barr has agreed to testify about this matter before the House, so it's all going to come out. All of it, and I guarantee the Democrats will very quickly wish it hadn't.
                              Good, Barr's got a lot a splainen to do. I'm sure he's working hard to come up with the lies he's going to tell right now. I suspect he might back out and refuse to testify at the last moment. After all, that tactic has worked for them so far.

Comment