Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Of course the Floyd tragedy in Minneapolis is different. The cop had his knee on his throat for nearly 9 minutes and long after he had obviously lost consciousness.
    Absolutely - not even a CHANCE - barring some miracle of "behind the scenes" stuff we don't yet know - not even a POSSIBILITY that this was justified in any way shape or form.

And I STILL can't figure out why the officers standing by didn't intervene.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting, because I've seen (mostly retired) police from Minneapolis and St. Paul on TV unequivocally declaring that no such technique has ever been taught. There are techniques where the police place there knee down on someone's shoulders but never on the throat.
      "their"

Comment

• From what I've seen of the aerial footage, this is how it typically goes down, and yes, there are probably exceptions. Protesters march down the street. Cops in riot gear then barricade them in or stop their progress, for whatever reason. Crowd gets unruly. Some start hurling things at the cops. Cops then start firing tear gas and projectiles. Crowd then scatters. And that's when the looting and rioting starts.

Comment

The local Walmart and Kroger have been closing at 5:00 for fear of rioting and if you knew anything about the area in which I live this is jaw-droppingly shocking.
          The authorities say they had received information that "protesters" might be coming to town. They decided to pull in the welcome mat (my words). They even put squads on the ramps. Being that we are a major stop on the Interstate 15, I'm all for that.

The night was quiet...the protests in town were quiet too although some were too profane for my liking. Today the city announced no curfew. :Yipee:
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• A long-time St. Louis police officer and respected member of the community was killed when rioters looted his friend's store. The man's name was David Dorn. He was 77-years old. In a bitter twist of irony, he also happened to be black.

So where's the outrage?

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...st-louis-riot/'

These "protests" don't make any sense.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              A long-time St. Louis police officer and respected member of the community was killed when rioters looted his friend's store. The man's name was David Dorn. He was 77-years old. In a bitter twist of irony, he also happened to be black.

So where's the outrage?

Find me a single non-RWNJ who *isn't* outraged by Dorn's murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                A long-time St. Louis police officer and respected member of the community was killed when rioters looted his friend's store. The man's name was David Dorn. He was 77-years old. In a bitter twist of irony, he also happened to be black.

So where's the outrage?

Are you insinuating again, MM? What's your point? Are you suggesting that some white supremacist group murdered Officer Dorn?

Comment

• Lol...we had an earthquake (4.0) north of us, probably Ridgerest.

This is definitely God reminding us who's in charge. We listenin' ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    Lol...we had an earthquake (4.0) north of us, probably Ridgerest.

This is definitely God reminding us who's in charge. We listenin' ?
                    Have you been listening to Pat Robertson again? Earthquakes happen, hurricanes happen, tsunami's happen, tornados happen. God isn't trying to tell you something everytime a natural disaster happens. Btw, what did he have to say?

Comment

• The perfect storm:

The scenes have been disturbingly familiar to CIA analysts accustomed to monitoring scenes of societal unraveling abroad — the massing of protesters, the ensuing crackdowns and the awkwardly staged displays of strength by a leader determined to project authority.

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...bbd_story.html
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        When the US sneezes, democracies everywhere catch a cold. Unfortunately there is a whole lot of sneezing going on in the US republican party right now.

Comment

• ... Unsurprisingly, their Union is trying to protect the four cops.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...is-leadership/

Long story short, Lt. Kroll is complaining that the officers were fired without due process, and he's trying to shift blame for all the recent happenings on someone else (namely, city leadership). He's also trying to dredge up the fact Floyd was arrested in 2007 for Armed Robbery, completely ignoring the fact that people can change over time (apparently, Floyd was actively working with Ministries operating in the Third Ward of Houston before he moved to Minneapolis).
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Have you been listening to Pat Robertson again? Earthquakes happen, hurricanes happen, tsunami's happen, tornados happen. God isn't trying to tell you something everytime a natural disaster happens. Btw, what did he have to say?
                            I rarely watch 700 Club. Or anything anymore on TV. I read the Bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              ... Unsurprisingly, their Union is trying to protect the four cops.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...is-leadership/

Long story short, Lt. Kroll is complaining that the officers were fired without due process, and he's trying to shift blame for all the recent happenings on someone else (namely, city leadership). He's also trying to dredge up the fact Floyd was arrested in 2007 for Armed Robbery, completely ignoring the fact that people can change over time (apparently, Floyd was actively working with Ministries operating in the Third Ward of Houston before he moved to Minneapolis).
                              Demanding due process is a legitimate gripe but the rest is B.S.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Are you insinuating again, MM? What's your point? Are you suggesting that some white supremacist group murdered Officer Dorn?
                                More like the MSM doesn't care unless it furthers their agenda. Look at all the black on black homicides in places like Chicago that they studiously turn a blind eye to for how many years now?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment