Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prosecutors on Muller's team withdraw from Roger Stone case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    The DOJ in this case is the Atty Gen., and the Atty Gen isn't going to incriminate himself now is he. The fact is that the tweet came first, the overiding of the prosecutors sentencing recomendations came second.

Good, Barr's got a lot a splainen to do. I'm sure he's working hard to come up with the lies he's going to tell right now. I suspect he might back out and refuse to testify at the last moment. After all, that tactic has worked for them so far.
    It will be fun to watch you change your tune when Barr testifies in March.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

All this could be avoided if someone would just take Trump's twitter away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        What are you talking about? It was the rogue prosecutors who subverted the DOJ by recommending an extreme sentence without clearing it with their bosses!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Lying to Congress is a crime, except for Congressmen.
          Lying to Congress is a crime

Lying from Congress is SOP

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Lying to Congress is a crime

Lying from Congress is SOP
            I heard from a highly ranked source that rogue06 didn't pay his taxes last year. That'll cost you some votes!
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

DOJ says that the they were already in the process of correcting the error when Trump tweeted, and in fact, Barr recently said he wishes Trump would cool it with the Twitter nonsense because it's making it impossible for him to do his job.

By the way, Barr has agreed to testify about this matter before the House, so it's all going to come out. All of it, and I guarantee the Democrats will very quickly wish it hadn't.
              Barr has been blasting Trump for his tweets and Mitch McConnell has chimed in supporting Barr. This has caused Barr to go from the outhouse to the penthouse among some in the MSM who've been emphasizing that he's Trump's "handpicked" AG (EVERY single AG was "handpicked" by the president at the time) and questioning his honesty are now singing his praises for his forthrightness and integrity.

While Trump has said a whole lot of stupid things in his tweets and even stolen his own spotlight from an accomplishment by tweeting something asinine, yet, OTOH, Kavanaugh would likely not have been confirmed if Trump hadn't tweeted things he was criticized for by the MSM. And I think a case could be made that the various attempts to impeach him (from for firing Comey on) could very well gone against him if it wasn't for his tweeting.

Comment

It will be fun to watch you change your tune when Barr testifies in March.
                They shouldn't even wait until March, they should have his fat keister sitting in front of Congress tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  All this could be avoided if someone would just take Trump's twitter away from him.
                  You mean you don't like the fact that he self incriminates? Besides that wouldn't change the fact that Barr, by overiding the prosecutors recomendation to the Judge was a favor to the president and his mob to which Barr is now a member. Attorneys General don't go around overiding the sentence recomendations of prosecutors, and there is only one reason for Barr to do so in this case, and that reason is political.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I heard from a highly ranked source that rogue06 didn't pay his taxes last year. That'll cost you some votes!
                    Shades of Harry Reid

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Barr has been blasting Trump for his tweets and Mitch McConnell has chimed in supporting Barr. This has caused Barr to go from the outhouse to the penthouse among some in the MSM who've been emphasizing that he's Trump's "handpicked" AG (EVERY single AG was "handpicked" by the president at the time) and questioning his honesty are now singing his praises for his forthrightness and integrity.

While Trump has said a whole lot of stupid things in his tweets and even stolen his own spotlight from an accomplishment by tweeting something asinine, yet, OTOH, Kavanaugh would likely not have been confirmed if Trump hadn't tweeted things he was criticized for by the MSM. And I think a case could be made that the various attempts to impeach him (from for firing Comey on) could very well gone against him if it wasn't for his tweeting.
                      There's definitely an advantage to talking directly to the people without going through the mainstream media gate keepers.

Comment

They shouldn't even wait until March, they should have his fat keister sitting in front of Congress tomorrow.
                        Take it with Fat Jerry Nadler. He's the one that set the date.

Comment

Take it with Fat Jerry Nadler. He's the one that set the date.
                          Could be strategic. I believe that Judge Amy Jackson is going to sentence Stone on March 13th, and she has the option of demanding an explanation as to why the DOJ/Barr changed the 7-9 year sentence recommendation of the prosecutors that the DOJ signed off on. That's going to put Barr in a tough position since he also intervened in the Flynn case, changing that recommendation from 6 months in prison to probation, he shut down the on going Cohen case and placed outside prosecutors in the Washington to oversee many cases connected to Trump, cases both publicly known, as well as cases unknown. He has a lot a splainen to do. I'm betting that he's going to change his mind and refuse to testify.

Comment

Could be strategic.
                            I doubt it. These are House Democrats we're talking about, some of the dumbest politicians in Washington.

I'm betting that he's going to change his mind and refuse to testify.
                            If anybody cancels it'll be Nutty Nadler once he realizes this is a can of worms he really doesn't want opened.

Comment