Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Perhaps. But in some way, it seems on the face of it that the guards were encouraged into inaction. The real question is why and by whom.
    How do you know they weren't just incompetent - asleep? How do you know this wasn't just an incompetently run prison?

Jeffrey Epstein Death: 2 Guards Slept Through Checks and Falsified Records

The guards did not check on him for three hours, officials said. The disclosures came as the guards and the warden at the jail were removed.

The two staff members who were guarding the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep, failed to check on him for about three hours and falsified records to cover up their mistake, according to several law enforcement and prison officials with knowledge of the matter.

Those disclosures came on Tuesday as the two employees were placed on administrative leave and the warden of the jail, the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, was temporarily reassigned, pending the outcome of the investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death, the Justice Department announced.

The two staff members in the special housing unit where Mr. Epstein was held — 9 South — falsely recorded in a log that they had checked on the financier, who was facing sex trafficking charges, every 30 minutes, as was required, two of the officials said. Such false entries in an official log could constitute a federal crime.

In fact, the two people guarding Mr. Epstein had been asleep for some or all of the three hours, three of the officials said.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Perhaps. But in some way, it seems on the face of it that the guards were encouraged into inaction. The real question is why and by whom.
      It's looking more like they were overworked being severely understaffed and pulling 80 hour shifts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• From the NZ Herald (a slightly leftish MSM. Publication)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12258905
        Source: NZ Herald

Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein's neck, deepening questions around his death
        An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein's neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam's apple. Such breaks might be self-inflicted but they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived.

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          It's Trump's characteristic but in this case it was extremely reckless even for him. POTUS making a claim like that is beyond even reckless.
          Unless true.

Everyone knows the prison is under the authority of the Trump admin via the AG
          Everyone knows FBI under authority of Trump, yet lots of anti-Trump people under him there not long ago, also working against him until removed.

To assume Clinton had some way of influencing the management of the facility as an outsider takes a giant leap to believe,
          demi remembers Trump tweeted 'Obama spied on me' conspiracy theory, yuge outrage, reckless!!! unpresidential!!!, then whoops, looks like truth.
          Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-15-2019, 02:51 AM.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It's looking more like they were overworked being severely understaffed and pulling 80 hour shifts.
            Entirely possible. Nevertheless, it is hard to believe that the jailers were so incompetent or indifferent as to let such a high-profile prisoner commit suicide. Especially as the death came less than a day after a trove of court documents was made public offering details about Epstein’s abuse of dozens of underage girls, as well who assisted him with or participated in the abuse.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Unless true.

Everyone knows FBI under authority of Trump, yet lots of anti-Trump people under him there not long ago, also working against him until removed.

demi remembers Trump tweeted 'Obama spied on me' conspiracy theory, yuge outrage, reckless!!! unpresidential!!!, then whoops, looks like truth.
              We don't know if it is true and neither did Trump because the investigations hadn't even started yet. And the FBI (assuming they even have any jurisdiction over the BOP, which I'm not sure of -- we KNOW for fact the AG does) isn't going to be trying any sort of crazy shenanigans in favor of Clinton -- like trying to kill a high profile prisoner in federal lockup -- being that they're already under the microscope because of the previous FBI shenanigans against Trump being investigated by the AG. And, again, keeping Esptein alive protected the Clintons due to the immunity deal he got in his first trial. Either Trump is a complete and total idiot and has no shame in that or he was creating a political diversion for some strange reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                We don't know if it is true
                Lots of evidence of FISA abuse already.

and neither did Trump because the investigations hadn't even started yet.
                How you know? Maybe Trump has sources?

[quote[ And the FBI (assuming they even have any jurisdiction over the BOP, which I'm not sure of -- we KNOW for fact the AG does)[/quote]

Point of demi is not 'FBI did it', point is what is obvious: 'Trump has authority, also jurisdiction' no guarantee that underlings will not work against Trump. Many such cases!

And, again, keeping Esptein alive protected the Clintons due to the immunity deal he got in his first trial.
                Seems to demi immunity deals no protect crimes after deal made.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  From the NZ Herald (a slightly leftish MSM. Publication)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12258905
                  Source: NZ Herald

Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein's neck, deepening questions around his death
                  An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein's neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam's apple. Such breaks might be self-inflicted but they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived.

© Copyright Original Source

Read elsewhere that he supposedly hung himself from the bunk bed which required him to pull his legs up since the bed was shorter than him. This would make the broken bones even more suspicious. And then there's the reports of shrieking being heard him his cell and the guards saying strange things like "Breath, Epstein, breath!"

It's all very unusual.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Read elsewhere that he supposedly hung himself from the bunk bed which required him to pull his legs up since the bed was shorter than him. This would make the broken bones even more suspicious. And then there's the reports of shrieking being heard him his cell and the guards saying strange things like "Breath, Epstein, breath!"

It's all very unusual.
                    No doubt it's very unusual. I don't know the type of bunk bed, but if it's a fairly typical prison issue, I know of a man who did just that by tying the bed sheet around his neck, kneeling on the top bunk, bed sheet tied "short leash" to the top bunk. Then he did a kind of reverse cannon ball dive which snapped his neck. His legs were also too long to have just "hung" himself.

I don't have a dog in this fight - I don't need to believe or not believe any conspiracy - I know strange things happen, but I don't just push a conspiracy theory where I don't see a solid basis for it.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Borrowed from Reddit:

The entire internet after learning Epstein committed "suicide"

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        One wonders, then, why Democratic leadership isn't taking that ammunition and using it to present its case for impeachment. Maybe they're just being charitable?
                        Don't worry, it's coming. Right now they're doing a full investigation before filing for impeachment because they don't want it to go to the corrupt Senate and Moscow Mitch without every bit of evidence. So, far from being charitable, the dems aren't going to give the corrupt Senate any wiggle room.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          For someone who repeatedly asked others if they read the Muller Report it is incredibly obvious that you never did.
                          No, what's incredible is how, whether you read it or not, though I doubt you did, you can not see the obvious obstruction and collusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            No, what's incredible is how, whether you read it or not, though I doubt you did, you can not see the obvious obstruction and collusion.
                            Jim, you probably haven't received the most recent LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies. The liberals have abandoned the "COLLUSION!!!!!" hysteria, and have moved on to "TRUMP IS RACIST!!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              No, I actually spent time reading Mueller's report. You outta have somebody read it to you who can explain the big words.
                              Don't believe you, CP. You didn't even need to read the report to see the obstruction. But since you claim to have read it, tell me, how is P. Manafort setting up regular briefings with the Russians and sharing with them internal polling and targeting data, not collusion!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Don't believe you, CP.
                                I'm crushed!

You didn't even need to read the report to see the obstruction. But since you claim to have read it, tell me, how is P. Manafort setting up regular briefings with the Russians and sharing with them internal polling and targeting data, not collusion!
                                Feel free to keep your hopes alive, Jim, but prepare for major disappointment.

Comment