Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

So I played pathfinder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I played pathfinder.

I created a half elf sorcerer who somewhere along the line had skinny blood. My idea is that my characters motivation is to find out just how is he related to Djinni. NG. I want to help folks.

I think I will keep the character even in other things.

So I enter and we are harrassed by a landlord who is expecting some stuff. The part investigates and we find some shady stuff. Some strange wine. We get it to the landlord and we decide as a party to share some of the wine. Not nearly enough to get anyone drunk and I dont imagine my character wanting to do things like that. We wake up and things are bad. My weapons and skills haven't been used but somehow a lot of people are dead. I find myself terrified. We wind up fighting the guy who was shipping a lot of shady looking stuff. It was interesting.

I have an attack I call the genie beam.

I think I am the good guy of the party. I admit I probably would have done things differently. I had fun.
    sigpic

Genie blood.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Genie blood.
      Thanks. I was kinda dazzled by "skinny blood", but...
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Never played Pathfinder and don't know what the difference between it as 3.5 was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Never played Pathfinder and don't know what the difference between it as 3.5 was.
          Speaking as someone who's been in a pair of Pathfinder games (one Post-Apocalyptic Noir, the other a Political Intrigue game)

It's basically a D&D 4th Edition for people who hated the ACTUAL D&D 4th Edition. They cleaned up a lot of rules, made a lot of class tweaks, and even added a mix of their own stuff (new Classes, spells, items, the concept of Archetypes within classes). Problem is, there's so many customization options alone in the 1st party stuff it can get kind of overwhelming... and if you think Munchkinry was bad in 3.5 I have some horrible news for you.

Also, guns are over-powered because they only exist as a vanity project of one of the writers.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            Speaking as someone who's been in a pair of Pathfinder games (one Post-Apocalyptic Noir, the other a Political Intrigue game)

It's basically a D&D 4th Edition for people who hated the ACTUAL D&D 4th Edition. They cleaned up a lot of rules, made a lot of class tweaks, and even added a mix of their own stuff (new Classes, spells, items, the concept of Archetypes within classes). Problem is, there's so many customization options alone in the 1st party stuff it can get kind of overwhelming... and if you think Munchkinry was bad in 3.5 I have some horrible news for you.

Also, guns are over-powered because they only exist as a vanity project of one of the writers.
            Always figured guns, especially fully automatic ones, would be trouble what with a typical arrow doing (IIRC) 1d6 damage and a machine gun able to fire literally dozens of rounds in that time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Always figured guns, especially fully automatic ones, would be trouble what with a typical arrow doing (IIRC) 1d6 damage and a machine gun able to fire literally dozens of rounds in that time.
              The Gunslinger class is distinctly insane, you burn enough Grit Points and take the right feats, and you can make Swiss Cheese out of a LOT of stuff.

Some systems are a little more believable than Pathfinder when it comes to handling guns... like Savage Worlds. Sure, a single shot isn't so bad, but if you go Full Auto you take a penalty to hit (Unless you take a specific Edge/Feat) and increase the risk of hitting an Innocent Bystander (or another Player Character).
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment