Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he wants to be a War President; Saudi Arabia v Iran. Soften them up first like a true gangsta.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jim, this is very similar to the argument that "airplanes are regularly crashing all the time and killing thousands of people".
      No, it's not. We are talking about peoplevwith malice taking out innocent groups of people on a fairly regular basis vs random mechanical failures, improper maintenace, or pilot error. IOW, people intentionally killing others vs just life and the fact we all die sometime.

There is no comparison. Honestly, to think there is points to the extreme bias driving this debate

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• So how did it all start? Pull quote from a much longer analysis:

----------

There is little doubt the FISA-702(16)(17) database system was used by Obama-era officials, from 2012 through April 2016, as a way to spy on their political opposition. Quite simply there is no other intellectually honest explanation for the scale and volume of database abuse that was taking place. [...]

Everything after March 9th, 2016, was done to cover up the weaponization of the FISA database. Spygate, Russia-Gate, the Steele Dossier, and even the 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment (drawn from the dossier and signed by the above) were needed to create a cover-story and protect themselves from discovery of this four year weaponization, political surveillance and unlawful spying. Even the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel makes sense; he was FBI Director when this began.

----------

This isn't speculation or conspiracy theorizing but factual reporting based on hard evidence. I suggest folks read the whole thing.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...lance-program/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          One of the biggest causes AND symptoms of TDS is constipated humorlessness.
          The need to invent a fake psychological diagnoses for a reasonable reaction to the extreme that is donald trump is nothing more than a projection of the cognitive dissonance that comes from otherwise moral people forcing themselves to abandon nearly every moral principle they have in order to support him.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            The need to invent a fake psychological diagnoses for a reasonable reaction to the extreme that is donald trump is nothing more than a projection of the cognitive dissonance that comes from otherwise moral people forcing themselves to abandon nearly every moral principle they have in order to support him.

Jim
            Reasonable??
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              No. What is clearly stated is that Mueller was unable to clear Trump of obstruction of justice. The Report is quite damning. It establishes, among other things, a clear pattern of repeated connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. It also outlines 10 potential instances of obstruction of justice that suggest, at the very least, that President Trump actively sought to undermine Mueller’s investigation.
              What it clearly shows is that Trump can be a real jerk, but we already know that. It also shows that me manages to push liberals to new heights (or depths) of drama and hysteria.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Schiff also continues to claim that he's sitting on a mountain load of evidence proving that Trump colluded with the Russians, yet for some strange reason he didn't give it to Mueller or even now will say what it is. Could it be that Schiff is a shiftless liar who is full of... um, poop?
                Schiff needs to have a bowel movement or remove himself from the porcelain throne.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Reasonable??
                  Yes, but i understand you are incapable of comprehending that at this tine

Jim

Comment

What it clearly shows is that Trump can be a real jerk, but we already know that. It also shows that me manages to push liberals to new heights (or depths) of drama and hysteria.
                    No. What is in that report is trump repeatedly trying to interfere in the investigation in ways so completely wrong that his staff knew if they cooperated they would go down when it was discovered what was done. And so they protected themselves, and incidentally also protected trump.

And does trump recognize that he avoided disaster because of their wisdom and self interest?

No, he's mad as he can be.

One day that arrogance and disregard for the law will get him. But more importantly, that continued incapacity to recognize his need for those that will speak when he is about to self destruct can translate into major consequences for our people and our nation

He is a disaster that would have already happened but for those around him willing to sacrifice themselves for this country. But as he continues to receive the irrational and blind support we see in this and other threads, he is gradually finding more and more yes men and trump devotees to fill critical positions, and with them is disappearing the protection from him they have provided.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, but i understand you are incapable of comprehending that at this tine

Jim
                      Everyone ELSE is crazy.... Gotcha.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No. What is in that report is trump repeatedly trying to interfere in the investigation in ways so completely wrong that his staff knew if they cooperated they would go down when it was discovered what was done. And so they protected themselves, and incidentally also protected trump.
                        Yes, a real jerk.

And does trump recognize that he avoided disaster because of their wisdom and self interest?
                        So, at best you can say, he attempted to obstruct, because Mueller was never fired, the report was produced...

No, he's mad as he can be.
                        There's a lot of that going around.

One day that arrogance and disregard for the law will get him. But more importantly, that continued incapacity to recognize his need for those that will speak when he is about to self destruct can translate into major consequences for our people and our nation

He is a disaster that would have already happened but for those around him willing to sacrifice themselves for this country. But as he continues to receive the irrational and blind support we see in this and other threads, he is gradually finding more and more yes men and trump devotees to fill critical positions, and with them is disappearing the protection from him they have provided.

Jim
                        And, once again, you're responding to ME, and raging on about "blind support", which, in my case, is outright wrong.

Jim, let me ask you a serious question. Do you believe that the Hillary situation was investigated with the same tenacity and thoroughness that Mueller exercised here? And would we even KNOW about a lot of this stuff if Mueller had, in deed, been "obstructed"?

Comment

Yes, a real jerk.

So, at best you can say, he attempted to obstruct, because Mueller was never fired, the report was produced...

There's a lot of that going around.

And, once again, you're responding to ME, and raging on about "blind support", which, in my case, is outright wrong.

Jim, let me ask you a serious question. Do you believe that the Hillary situation was investigated with the same tenacity and thoroughness that Mueller exercised here? And would we even KNOW about a lot of this stuff if Mueller had, in deed, been "obstructed"?
                          As explained to you before CP, attempted obstruction is treated legally the same as obstruction. Just because he didn't get away with it, doesn't make it legal. And I might add, as a one time defender of the law, you should not only know this, but you shouldn't be defending the president of the U.S. of all people for breaking it.
                          Last edited by JimL; 04-23-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            As explained to you before CP, attempted obstruction is treated legally the same as obstruction. Just because he didn't get away with it, doesn't make it legal. And I might add, as a one time defender of the law, you should not only know this, but you shouldn't be defending the president of the U.S. of all people for breaking it.
                            And as explained to you and others repeatedly, wanting to, and even moving to, remove Mueller would not be obstruction since it is something that Trump could legally do. The only price he could pay for doing so would be at the ballot box in 2020.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              As explained to you before CP,
                              As explained to you before, Jimmy, simply repeating the same thing over and over does not make it truerererer.

attempted obstruction is treated legally the same as obstruction.
                              That's obviously not true, because there was no indictment. Had there been actual obstruction of justice, there would have been AT LEAST a criminal referral, not just a handoff to, pretty much, "you Democrats can take this up in impeachment hearings".

Just because he didn't get away with it, doesn't make it legal. And I might add, as a one time defender of the law, you should not only know this, but you shouldn't be defending the president of the U.S. of all people for breaking it.
                              You're so cute when you're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And as explained to you and others repeatedly,
                                Now THAT makes it truerererer, cause this is my brudder!!!!

wanting to, and even moving to, remove Mueller would not be obstruction since it is something that Trump could legally do. The only price he could pay for doing so would be at the ballot box in 2020.
                                Same with firing Comey.

Comment