Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump encouraged China to build concentration camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Too late, copies of the book are already out and journalist have their hands on them.
    We'll see what the DOJ has to say about it. They filed a law suit because Boton refused to allow his book to be audited.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      We'll see what the DOJ has to say about it. They filed a law suit because Boton refused to allow his book to be audited.
      Well we know that the corrupt AG of the U.S. W. Barr will do whatever it takes to defend the political interests of his personal client Donald Trump, but I'm afraid it's too late, MM. The story is out>
      Last edited by JimL; 06-18-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        If by 'in love with him' you mean loathing him in extreme language (to the point where I can't link the headlines here due to this board's restrictions on language use) for failing to testify in the impeachment inquiry and instead saving his testimony for a money-making book, then yes. They start at "John Bolton's betrayed his country" and get less complimentary from there.
        So, you agree that this is all about the money. Good for you.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          One of the many horrors revealed by Bolton's upcoming book is Trump encouraging China to build concentration camps to house ethnic minorities.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...injiang-2020-6

In a private meeting during the 2019 G20 meeting in Japan, Trump and Xi were accompanied only by their interpreters, according to Bolton's book, parts of which were published in The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday.

Xi "explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang," Bolton wrote, citing the interpreter's account. The interpreter added that "Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do," according to the book.

Nice job Republicans.
          If it was "a private meeting during the 2019 G20 meeting in Japan, Trump and Xi were accompanied only by their interpreters" - then how does Bolton know what they said?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            If it was "a private meeting during the 2019 G20 meeting in Japan, Trump and Xi were accompanied only by their interpreters" - then how does Bolton know what they said?
            He said she said?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              He said she said?
              I guess he only got the story second hand from the interpreter. So basically a rumor at this point.

Comment

I guess he only got the story second hand from the interpreter. So basically a rumor at this point.
                And WHICH interpreter?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Republicans can't win without cheating. You won't find a single Republican politician of note (with the likely exception of Mittens) condemning Trump for that. Not even the ones from regions which were directly devastated by the trade war.
                  I've been saying for a while now that Trump isn't actually the problem.

The people who call themselves Republicans are.

Comment

He said the interpreter told him. Trust him, this isn't to sell books or anything...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Republicans can't win without cheating.
                      What an incredibly fair and balanced observation.

You won't find a single Republican politician of note (with the likely exception of Mittens) condemning Trump for that. Not even the ones from regions which were directly devastated by the trade war.
                      And this is your example of "cheating"? Or did you just get carried away with your spewing forth of disdain?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        He said the interpreter told him. Trust him, this isn't to sell books or anything...
                        in other words Divine Ob is accepting hearsay evidence not first hand evidence and has the gall to tell us we are wrong not to accept it without more credible evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          What an incredibly fair and balanced observation.
                          I'm not falling for this act anymore CP. It is a fair and balanced observation based on tons of history. Republicans just cheated in the Georgia election a week or so ago!

And this is your example of "cheating"? Or did you just get carried away with your spewing forth of disdain?
                          This is one example. Others would be all the other similar attempts by Trump. Others would be the constant closing of polling places which disproportionally affect Democratic voters. Others would be overt attempts at misleading about the location of polling places. And on and on and on.

Comment

I'm not falling for this act anymore CP.
                            Act? You are proving yourself to be quite the failed reader of minds.

It is a fair and balanced observation based on tons of history. Republicans just cheated in the Georgia election a week or so ago!
                            Therefore, it is impossible to win without cheating! EGGcellent logic.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Red herring. You've been implying that it makes the claims true.
                              Not true. I claim that it is true because there is no way S&S would publish this book without heavy vetting.

Answer my question, coward.

Debatable. We don't have actual full quotes from the book, just 'Bolton claims that the interpreter said that Trump said...X'. Presumably that means that Bolton himself didn't hear what Trump said - unless Bolton can't speak English. So he's reporting what someone else - so far unnamed - said Trump said. IOW hearsay from an unnamed source. Which is why I'm suspending judgment.

That might also give him sufficient room for a defense: 'I never said it was true, just reporting what the interpreter said to me.'
                              You don't need to suspend judgement to agree that, if true, it would be an abhorrent thing to say.

(1) The claim might be that the book reveals information that can damage or reveal the sources.

(2) AFAIK the claim is that the book has not been cleared under national security parameters, as Bolton agreed to.

(3) Is Bolton's book this short? Is this the only point in the whole book?
                              The book was already cleared if you actually followed up on this. The claim that it needed further review is a lie. And you really think John Bolton is going to haphazardly reveal sources and methods? Come on.

Stay classy, my friend.
                              I try. But you know what they say about people who wrestle with pigs.
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 06-18-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                in other words Divine Ob is accepting hearsay evidence not first hand evidence and has the gall to tell us we are wrong not to accept it without more credible evidence?
                                Nearly every single news report you read contains hearsay.

Comment