Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why put up with the Royals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's one person who was arrested this year and is facing 20 years in prison for that.

I think it is okay to break laws that require you to disobey Scripture, and this law requires you to disobey the Scripture about loving neighbor. Saving lives is okay.
    Those laws were never enacted far as I know. What law was that person prosecuted under?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Source: Daily Mail

He's one of at least five No More Deaths volunteers to be prosecuted by federal law enforcement officials since the Trump administration began arresting the southern border humanitarian activists in 2017.

The two migrant men Warren was arrested with showed up at No More Deaths' base of operations in Ajo, known as 'the Barn,' as Warren was arriving back from a grocery store, according to Tuscon.com.
      The men said they'd only consumed sports drinks and a burrito during their grueling two-day trek across the desert region. Warren cooked them a meal, gave them clothes and let them reside at the Barn for three days before US Border Patrol agents arrived and arrested all three of them.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

He's being charged under different laws.

Source: Daily Mail

US Attorney Nathaniel Walters said Warren's case 'is not about humanitarian aid,' but rather about whether or not Warren 'intended to violate the law,' by shielding Perez-Villanueva and Sacaria-Goday from border patrol agents.
      'No More Deaths is not on trial. Scott Warren is,' Walters said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Ah ok. I believe the proposed law or laws back then said that even providing food and water would be considered treason. What they were aiming at, if memory serves, were people leaving water out where the illegals were. To me that's a far cry from aiding and comforting enemies.

Comment

It baffles me when people here in the U.S. are all gaga and googly-eyed over the royals. We fought a revolution to get shed of those freakin' inbred clowns!
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

That is a fallacy. Using that logic, we should avoid sex because the angels in heaven are asexual, yet God said be fruitful and multiply.
            Do we know that? I know Scripture says they "neither marry nor are given in marriage." I don't recall anything about whether they have sex.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              It baffles me when people here in the U.S. are all gaga and googly-eyed over the royals. We fought a revolution to get shed of those freakin' inbred clowns!
              The same reason Latin America gets googly eyed about the Spanish royal family...historical ties.

Comment

Yes. Clear violation of Romans 13.
                Thank God for rebels!

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

It also baffles me when people today think it a wise idea to closely model a physical nation on OT Israel. There is no longer any physical nation that comprises "the people of God," and we should not lament that fact. As someone with Pentecostal-Charismatic, Arminian, and Egalitarian beliefs, I can just imagine what life would be like under a John MacArthur monarchy!

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    If God's preferred mode of operation is monarchy, why shouldn't we follow His good example? Why would democracy be better than a monarchy even here on earth?
                    demi curious, is this actually position of yours?
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Lots of people during revolution monarchists, few rebelled. demi thinks lots still are, at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        The monarch is the head of state. She is on the money. One might serve a sentence in prison ‘at Her Majesty’s pleasure’. Your Boy Scout oath is about your duty to the Queen or King. It is a very important role and it represents unity and continuity. Politicians come and go, the Queen and her Royal family do not.

God save the Queen.
                        Conservative firstfloor

Comment

Thank God for rebels!
                          Foolish. Rebel against will of God, then punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            demi curious, is this actually position of yours?
                            I think we all crave the rule of a righteous King, it is a vestige of the image of God in us.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Do we know that? I know Scripture says they "neither marry nor are given in marriage." I don't recall anything about whether they have sex.
                              It seems fairly evident to me that Scripture tends to reserve licit sex for marriage.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                I think we all crave the rule of a righteous King, it is a vestige of the image of God in us.
                                Except isn't a human king usurping God? After all in God's Kingdom, HE is King, not some human being. So I would argue that setting up a human kingdom is in opposition to God. Which is why God didn't want the Israelites to have a kind. HE was their king.

Comment