Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Massive Muslim Immigration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    From Baptist News Global:
    Yeah, I don't think you're gonna find a whole lot of Baptists condoning his sins and crimes. Next?

Oh, and I was particularly struck by the caption under the photo ... "Anne Miller, with her husband, mother and brother who is refusing to smile." Refusing to smile in the Baptist Church can get you kicked out!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Sure, you can keep doing internet searches to find random stories. What does that prove?
      He's simply exercising his office of Nanny in Chief.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sure, you can keep doing internet searches to find random stories. What does that prove?
        Random stories?

The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), one of the largest Christian organizations in the world, is grappling with allegations that more than 250 of its leaders sexually abused more than 700 congregants over the last two decades.

A months-long investigation by the Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-News, published this month, asserted that dozens of churches within the SBC knowingly hired sex offenders, silenced victims, neglected to fire sexually abusive leaders and declined to report cases to secular authorities, or even document them within their own organization.
        “The 700 victims revealed in this investigation are only the tip of the iceberg, since very few survivors of abuse ever come forward.”

Tchividjian is also the grandson of Billy Graham, the world’s most famous evangelical preacher. For him and many others, part of what contributes to the sexual abuse problem within some SBC communities is to be found within “purity culture”, a set of principles that portray women as virginal objects for men to court, educate and marry.
        Read the article here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-abuse-report
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Random stories?
          Here's your clue from the first sentence of your cite - "The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), one of the largest Christian organizations in the world..."

The bigger the organization, the more likely there are to be people who fail. Unfortunately, what I've seen is that those who "rise to the top" are not necessarily the "meat and potatoes" of our denomination, but people who are seeking power and authority.

Where there is sin, they should repent - where there are crimes, they should be tried in a court of law.

Next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Next?
            ?
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

?
              Do you actually have a point?

Comment

Do you actually have a point?
                I was asking what your point was.

Anyway, I think Southern Baptist Convention President J.D. Greear said some wise words:

There can simply be no ambiguity about the church's responsibility to protect the abused and be a safe place for the vulnerable. The safety of the victims matters more than the reputation of Southern Baptists. https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/11/u...use/index.html
                Last edited by Charles; 09-10-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                  Random stories?
                  Yes.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes.
                    And here is what you find to be "random stories":

The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), one of the largest Christian organizations in the world, is grappling with allegations that more than 250 of its leaders sexually abused more than 700 congregants over the last two decades.

A months-long investigation by the Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-News, published this month, asserted that dozens of churches within the SBC knowingly hired sex offenders, silenced victims, neglected to fire sexually abusive leaders and declined to report cases to secular authorities, or even document them within their own organization.
                    “The 700 victims revealed in this investigation are only the tip of the iceberg, since very few survivors of abuse ever come forward.”

Tchividjian is also the grandson of Billy Graham, the world’s most famous evangelical preacher. For him and many others, part of what contributes to the sexual abuse problem within some SBC communities is to be found within “purity culture”, a set of principles that portray women as virginal objects for men to court, educate and marry.
                    Read the article here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-abuse-report

Comment

No, it was me asking you...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      So, you just Google anything kinda sorta close for, what... grins and giggles? Do you actually have a point?
                      I've asked several times if you've had a point when you do your little NannyPosts. Do you HAVE a point?

Comment

No, it was me asking you...

I've asked several times if you've had a point when you do your little NannyPosts. Do you HAVE a point?
                        To be an accuser.

Comment

Are you seriously calling posts about the sexual abuse of more than 700 hundred persons NannyPosts?

Comment

Are you seriously calling posts about the sexual abuse of more than 700 hundred persons NannyPosts?
                            Perhaps, in your nannying, you missed the part where I clearly denounced both the sin and the crime, eh? They are "NannyPosts" because, as I said earlier, you just tend to Google stuff to find "kinda sorta related stories", and you don't even make an attempt at making a point.

So, AGAIN, do you HAVE a point, Charles? And, if so, could you PLEASE reveal it? Soon?

Comment

Here is a post you ignored where I actually made a point or two...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Here's your clue from the first sentence of your cite - "The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), one of the largest Christian organizations in the world..."

The bigger the organization, the more likely there are to be people who fail. Unfortunately, what I've seen is that those who "rise to the top" are not necessarily the "meat and potatoes" of our denomination, but people who are seeking power and authority.

Where there is sin, they should repent - where there are crimes, they should be tried in a court of law.

Next?
                              Now, how bout you make an attempt to actually make a point, eh?

Comment

Perhaps, in your nannying, you missed the part where I clearly denounced both the sin and the crime, eh? They are "NannyPosts" because, as I said earlier, you just tend to Google stuff to find "kinda sorta related stories", and you don't even make an attempt at making a point.

So, AGAIN, do you HAVE a point, Charles? And, if so, could you PLEASE reveal it? Soon?
                                I think his point is that you must be a bad Christian because some other bad Christians did some bad things.

Comment