Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's not what the record shows. That's your interpretation. So, I post facts, you post opinions.
    What the record shows is that at no time did ILGA support or endorse NAMBLA’s agenda and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.

http://ilga.org/ilga-ecosoc-status-controversy
    Last edited by Tassman; 12-02-2017, 10:44 PM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      What the record shows is that at no time did ILGA support or endorse NAMBLA’s agenda and these groups were expelled precisely because their aims were incompatible with those of ILGA.

http://ilga.org/ilga-ecosoc-status-controversy
      You can keep saying that over and over, but you're using their own website as "proof" of a negative. Naturally, they wouldn't want any record of such. Other sources, as cited, however, show that there was internal consternation the entire time that NAMBLA AND OTHER PEDOPHILE GROUPS were members. And the vote to expel them was not 100%, and only after Jesse Helms called them out on it.

But do keep spinning, and I'll keep correcting you.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You can keep saying that over and over, but you're using their own website as "proof" of a negative. Naturally, they wouldn't want any record of such. Other sources, as cited, however, show that there was internal consternation the entire time that NAMBLA AND OTHER PEDOPHILE GROUPS were members. And the vote to expel them was not 100%, and only after Jesse Helms called them out on it.

But do keep spinning, and I'll keep correcting you.
        So are you arguing that ILGA actually supported pedophilia, when it’s specifically denied the pedophile agenda? Why is it so important to you to associate ILGA with pedophiles? Is it guilt by association? Are you hoping that the distaste for pedophiles will rub off on homosexuals? You’ve never answered that question. The fact is that ILGA has had no connection of any sort to pedophile organisations for 23 years, so you're flogging a dead horse.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So are you arguing that ILGA actually supported pedophilia,
          Wow. For the umpteenzillionth time - no. And you can't make that case. Aren't you getting dizzy with all that spinning?

when it’s specifically denied the pedophile agenda?
          When they got caught, yeah, they finally did the right thing. Took 10 years, and lots of internal consternation.

Why is it so important to you to associate ILGA with pedophiles?
          Why is it so important for you to deny the facts? They WERE, indeed, associated. Its in their own history. Not just NAMBLA, but at least two other groups of pedophiles.

Is it guilt by association? Are you hoping that the distaste for pedophiles will rub off on homosexuals? You’ve never answered that question. The fact is that ILGA has had no connection of any sort to pedophile organisations for 23 years, so you're flogging a dead horse.
          As long as you keep distorting the facts, I'll be happy to expose your spin.

Try again.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow. For the umpteenzillionth time - no. And you can't make that case. Aren't you getting dizzy with all that spinning?
            You cannot make the case that ILGA supported pedophilia, because it didn’t support pedophilia. You have no argument beyond meaningless innuendo.

When they got caught, yeah, they finally did the right thing. Took 10 years, and lots of internal consternation.
            “They got caught”. What do you mean “they got caught?

Why is it so important for you to deny the facts? They WERE, indeed, associated. Its in their own history. Not just NAMBLA, but at least two other groups of pedophiles.
            The most important “fact” of all is that ILGA has never endorsed pedophilia. NAMBLA was expelled in ‘94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning pedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. ILGA has not had any such group since.

As long as you keep distorting the facts, I'll be happy to expose your spin.
            The only spin is yours.

Comment

You cannot make the case that ILGA supported pedophilia,
              I never made that case - or tried. I'm beginning to think you know they DID!

because it didn’t support pedophilia. You have no argument beyond meaningless innuendo.
              I simply stated the record from ILGA's own website, and other accounts at the time.

“They got caught”. What do you mean “they got caught?
              They had SEVERAL pedophile groups in their camp. They ONLY expelled them when it was brought to light. That is "getting caught".

The most important “fact” of all is that ILGA has never endorsed pedophilia.
              Actually, you dono't know that. It would be more accurate to say we have no record that they did.

NAMBLA was expelled in ‘94
              After TEN YEARS of being a part of ILGA and helping them write their constitution.

and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members
              AFTER they were exposed as having pedophile groups (PLURAL) in their organization.

to ensure groups condoning pedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. ILGA has not had any such group since.
              Because it became obvious that pedophilia was one of those things that would not be acceptable.

The only spin is yours.
              Nope. I present the facts, you twist them and bend them, and try to suppress the truth.

But, feel free to keep it up, I'll still be here to bring you back to truth and facts, minus the perversion.

Comment

The most important “fact” of all is that ILGA has never endorsed pedophilia.
                This is what we call "spin". Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, only look at the selectivce "facts" that I want you to see! Spin.

That's not even a fact! It's a conclusion.

Comment

• Back to the topic on hand....

I love this...
                  On Nov. 1, The Hollywood Reporter published a guest column by writer Anna Graham Hunter in which she alleged that actor Dustin Hoffman groped and sexually harassed her when she was a 17-year-old production assistant on the set of Death of a Salesman TV movie in 1985. In response, Hoffman, now 80, apologized and said the allegations were “not reflective of who I am."

When caught doing something naughty, just reply "it's not reflective of who I am."

img_3376_-_h_2017_0.jpg

Comment

Back to the topic on hand....

I love this...

When caught doing something naughty, just reply "it's not reflective of who I am."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25309[/ATTACH]
                    I didn't know Hoffman wore a rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      I didn't know Hoffman wore a rug.
                      Me too neither.

Comment

Me too neither.
                        oh i just looked it up. It looks like it might have been styled that way for the tv movie.

Comment

This is what we call "spin". Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, only look at the selectivce "facts" that I want you to see! Spin.

That's not even a fact! It's a conclusion.
                          ILGA has stated that it has never endorsed pedophilia. You can choose not to believe them for whatever propaganda reasons of your own you want, but I see no reason not to believe them...especially as it expelled all pedophile organisations from its ranks 23 years ago. It’s a non-issue that the likes of you refuse to let go.

Comment

ILGA has stated that it has never endorsed pedophilia.
                            And I never claimed they did.

You can choose not to believe them for whatever propaganda reasons of your own you want, but I see no reason not to believe them...
                            Of course not, because you are obligated to support the gay/lesbian agenda. Hence, your continual spin.

especially as it expelled all pedophile organisations from its ranks 23 years ago.
                            Only after being called out on having multiple pedophile organizations in its ranks. You keep leaving that part out, because it doesn't fit your spin agenda.

It’s a non-issue that the likes of you refuse to let go.
                            "the likes of me"? Because I refuse to let a spinmeister like the likes of you get away with distorting the record?

Comment

And I never claimed they did.
                              So you agree that ILGA has never endorsed pedophilia. Good! So what’s the fuss about?

Of course not, because you are obligated to support the gay/lesbian agenda. Hence, your continual spin.
                              There’s no reason NOT to believe ILGA when it says it has never endorsed pedophilia. You say so yourself. There’s no “spin”, just plain English. ILGA expelled the three pedophile organisations from its ranks 23 years ago.

Only after being called out on having multiple pedophile organizations in its ranks. You keep leaving that part out, because it doesn't fit your spin agenda
                              That’s an oversimplified version of events but it’s no longer a relevant issue within ILGA anyway. It is only relevant for the likes of you in you in your sad attempt to sully the reputation of a pro-homosexual organisation by continuing to link it with pedophiles.

"the likes of me"? Because I refuse to let a spinmeister like the likes of you get away with distorting the record?
                              There’ no “distorting the record”. The record is clear. NAMBLA was expelled in 94 and a series of amendments were voted by ILGA members to ensure groups condoning paedophilia would not be able to become members of the federation. ILGA has not had any such group since 94. That’s all, there isn’t any more. You'll need to find different ammunition to use against those pesky LGBT's in future.

Comment

So you agree that ILGA has never endorsed pedophilia. Good!
                                FINALLY getting that through your thick skull, eh? My patience has paid off.

Maybe next you'll finally get that they ONLY kicked NAMBLA out - as well as OTHER PEDOPHILE GROUPS - when they were "outed" by "the right".

Meanwhile, you'll continue the spin, no doubt.

Comment