Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump 2020

Poll numbers of Trump rising, libs getting worried, now Trump announced campaign!

Donald Trump has confirmed he's running for re-election in 2020 and this is why he'll probably win

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8231546.html
    4 more years coming right up, libs!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

John Nolte explains why this was a politically brilliant maneuver:

Source: Trump’s Super-Early 2020 Announcement Kills Another Dumb Norm — It’s Also Smart

To begin with, Trump can start raising money immediately and openly, instead of through some dumb exploratory committee, and he will need it. Trump will not only be fighting feverish Democrats and their stable of plutocrat billionaires, but untold billions of corporate dollars spent to destroy him by a mainstream media still smarting over the humiliation of 2016, and eager for payback.

Moreover, by removing the conceit of not campaigning for president, Trump does not have to stand around and take it as his opponents come after him (not that he would, anyway). For example, there is no question that even after the Evan McMuffin debacle, the sell-out crybabies in the increasingly left-wing NeverTrump will attempt to run another spoiler. Trump now has free reign to suck up all that money and to define these pathetic chumps, to get in their head, before they even step in the batter’s box.

He will also have free reign to go after the growing pile of Democrats who will seek to unseat him. Whether it is McAuliffe, Kamala Harris, Pocahontas, or whomever, Trump can work his genius in locating and mercilessly poking at their weak spot, i.e., “Low Energy Jeb,” “Crooked Hillary,” “Little Marco.”

[...]

Finally, there is Trump’s primary opposition — the corrupt mainstream media. Trump’s early announcement accomplishes one small thing and one Big Thing. The small thing is killing off all the fake news the media intended to publish (using phony sources) about Trump not running for re-election. This is an end-run around the media’s intent to make him look weak, indecisive, and beleaguered with lies.

The Big Thing is burning out the media. Trump’s seemingly inexhaustible energy and relish for a fight is one of his most potent political weapons. By announcing his intent to run for a second term, the media are automatically put on the defensive. But they are also facing three more years of lost weekends and holidays, bitter battles, and the endless fatigue and burn-out that comes with it.

When the media are tired, they become nasty and desperate, they reveal their biases and insufferable elitism, they flail with fake news. All of this serves to hasten a credibility death spiral that has already tanked the media’s approval ratings into the low twenties.

Trump’s smartest move in 2016 was to define his opponents in the media as the left-wing liars they truly are. By running his permanent 2020 campaign openly, he keeps them guessing, running, chasing, worrying, stressing — and he keeps his boot squarely on their squirming pencil necks.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rm-also-smart/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If these are the sort of opinion pieces you read daily and get your news from, no wonder you’re such an unpleasant person to converse with.

Anyway, I’m sort of pleased to hear he’s running again- roll on 2020.

Comment

Have you noticed how marginalized Schumer and Pelosi have become with Trump having these sit-down listening sessions?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          If these are the sort of opinion pieces you read daily and get your news from, no wonder you’re such an unpleasant person to converse with.

No, I've always been blunt. My best friend once described my discourse style as "You say no more than what needs to be said."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No, I've always been blunt. My best friend once described my discourse style as "You say no more than what needs to be said."
            I think you have managed to do far more than that
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I think you have managed to do far more than that
              You only think that, because every time my comments are directed at you, your ignorance is exposed for all to see.

Comment

You only think that, because every time my comments are directed at you, your ignorance is exposed for all to see.

But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of Mountain Man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God (if he exists)
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of Mountain Man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God (if he exists)
                  "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" -Psalm 14:1

Comment

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" -Psalm 14:1
                    1) I have not said there is no God. 2) Your post does not give us any reason to believe there is. It is more than a little naive that you can avoid discussion by calling those who disagree for fools.

Comment

1) I have not said there is no God. 2) Your post does not give us any reason to believe there is. It is more than a little naive that you can avoid discussion by calling those who disagree for fools.
                      It's all they've got. They cannot provide any substantive evidence for deities, so they sneer.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Atheists of your low-calibre deserve no more than a mocking laugh and a dismissive wave. If you wish to prove otherwise then I challenge you to start a thread in Apologetics where you accurately describe the best arguments for theism and then competently explain why those arguments fail.

Comment

Atheists of your low-calibre deserve no more than a mocking laugh and a dismissive wave. If you wish to prove otherwise then I challenge you to start a thread in Apologetics where you accurately describe the best arguments for theism and then competently explain why those arguments fail.
                          I notice a big self confidence in your post and yet nothing in it supports the idea that God exists. It starts of with a personal attack and them goes on to assume, without any proof whatsoever, that Tassman would not be able to show why the best arguments for theism fail. As soon as he gave just one argument strengthening his case, he would be ahead of you since you gave none.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                            I notice a big self confidence in your post and yet nothing in it supports the idea that God exists. It starts of with a personal attack and them goes on to assume, without any proof whatsoever, that Tassman would not be able to show why the best arguments for theism fail. As soon as he gave just one argument strengthening his case, he would be ahead of you since you gave none.
                            Send me a link as soon as you or Tass have the guts to start a thread like I've challenged. I look forward to reading it if only because it'll be good for a laugh.

Comment

Send me a link as soon as you or Tass have the guts to start a thread like I've challenged. I look forward to reading it if only because it'll be good for a laugh.
                              I don't think you got the point. It is rather simple. Try to read it again. And you who feel so confident that you are right just managed to make another post with nothing strenthening the case you feel so certain about.

I can easily challenge you that you would not be able to show why the best arguments for agnosticism fail. I can easily say beforehand that I have won and that what you write is going to be laughable. I can say all that sort of stuff beforehand. It proves nothing and you should know. Whatever you can say about us not starting a thread we can say about you not starting one about atheism or agnosticism. It is completely childish.

So this leaves us at the point where you still haven't given us anything to strengthen the idea that it is foolish to say that God does not exist.

Comment