Screen Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    The fact that you can post that on this forum, rather than be playing Travian at this very moment, speaks highly of your self-discipline.
    Nah, it's more like it was ages ago that I played, so the "addiction" has weakened considerably. Not sure I could even get my old account back, since I don't have access to the email account I signed up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Nah, it's more like it was ages ago that I played, so the "addiction" has weakened considerably. Not sure I could even get my old account back, since I don't have access to the email account I signed up with.
      There were running jokes about students at my college waking up early for the sole purpose of "checking their travian." First thing you do out of class? Check your travian. First thing after mealtime? Check your travian, etc. It was a vampire.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
        Everything anyone needs to know about my screen name is in my sig.

Lao Tzu is not a name, it's a description. It means "old man" or "old master," and in contradistinction to the prophetic traditions of the Abrahamic faiths, illustrates the utility of anonymity, focusing attention on the message stripped of any authority assigned to the messenger.

It was chosen as an homage to the anonymous final editor of the 81 poems comprising the Tao Te Ching, literally the "Way Virtue Book," a composition of the Tao Ching and the Te Ching, presented together and titled "The Way of Life" in English, and representing, for me, a close approximation to my personal philosophy. It's not about truth. It's about how to find it.
        Apparently he's also worshipped as the "Supreme Old Lord" (Tàishàng Lǎojūn), so I guess you got that goin for you if the whole anonymity thing don't pan out.

Comment

There were running jokes about students at my college waking up early for the sole purpose of "checking their travian." First thing you do out of class? Check your travian. First thing after mealtime? Check your travian, etc. It was a vampire.
          That was World of Warcraft to me for a while. I had to quit cold turkey.

Comment

I compose music, and the main character of the game I made is named Melody. I found the verse in my signature after I came up with the name.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

My user name are the numbers 3 7 8 1 8, Which in an LED calculator upside down can be read as B I B L E.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Apparently he's also worshipped as the "Supreme Old Lord" (Tàishàng Lǎojūn), so I guess you got that goin for you if the whole anonymity thing don't pan out.
                Probably won't accept that unless it says something about "perfect hair".

Comment

Way back in the days of AOL message boards, I came up with my username. It is a combination of "quanta", which is a cool-sounding physics reference (back then I was still sure I'd be a physicist one day), and "fille", which is the French word for "girl", so people would know I'm female. I mistakenly thought that everyone knew this French word, and when I first started using the name I had to keep explaining to people that I'm female, which defeated the point of using it in my username.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I'm a fan of superheroes. The Silver Surfer was always one of my favorites, so now on most sites I use his "given" name, Norrin Radd.

My favorite superhero was the short-lived DC Comics version of "Captain Action" (before Gil Kane drastically depowered him). But Captain Action is a goofy name. I think there were some sites where I used his "civilian" name, "Clive Arno."

I really liked the Bruce Timm version of Martian Manhunter, so back in those days I occasionally used "J'onn J'onzz" online.

A couple of places I used "X777." I'm fond of Experiment 626, so I thought about "X626," but I liked the potential Christian symbolism of the "X" and the "777."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I think I made a thread about this a ways back, but what the heck...let's do it again. What significance does your screen name have?
                      If I were to disclose that, the mystery would no longer be.
                      For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

06 is the most prominent voice in my head.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          06 is the most prominent voice in my head.
                          You must know that 05 vigorously contests that assertion.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            You must know that 05 vigorously contests that assertion.
                            He did say most prominent, not most flatulent.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              ... he's also worshipped ....
                              Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              ... something about "perfect hair" ...
                              Fame is a heavy burden.

Comment

Long story short, we had had a drought, and hay was in short supply. Cows were eating just about anything to stay alive (those that weren't sent to slaughter) and bloat was common. I "doctored" my own cows, and when I encountered one that was bloated, I seemed to be gifted at using my pocket knife in just the right place and just the right way to relieve the cow's bloating. (Normally, one would use a trochar, but a pocket knife will do in a pinch).

Word spread, and other ranchers would call me to help them with their cows. I became known as the 'poker of cows', saving lots of vet bills.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment