Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Win For Religious Freedom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Win For Religious Freedom!

Sanity!

Christian video company can't be forced to film same-sex weddings, appeals court rules

A federal appeals court ruled Friday that a Christian media company cannot be forced to produce videos for same-sex weddings under Minnesota state law, according to The Christian Post.

The ruling overturns a 2017 decision by a district court that said Telescope Media Group, owned by Carl and Angel Larsen, would be in violation of the Minnesota Human Rights Act by refusing to provide wedding video services on the basis of customers' sexuality.

"Indeed, if Minnesota were correct, there is no reason it would have to stop with the Larsens," Stras wrote. "In theory, it could use the MHRA to require a Muslim tattoo artist to inscribe 'My religion is the only true religion' on the body of a Christian if he or she would do the same for a fellow Muslim, or it could demand that an atheist musician perform at an evangelical church service. The district court also ruled that the Larsens could not seek relief on various other constitutional theories. We largely agree that these claims fail. But one — the free-exercise claim — can proceed because it is intertwined with their free-speech claim."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/christ...ls-court-rules

https://www.adflegal.org/detailspage...ilmmakers-case
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Well I won my bet with myself. I've been waiting for someone to post this and figured you'd be the one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Well I won my bet with myself. I've been waiting for someone to post this and figured you'd be the one.
      Sheesh, you know me better than my lady friend! So ya want to catch a movie later?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

More gay business opportunities, I suppose. A pink High Street.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Sheesh, you know me better than my lady friend! So ya want to catch a movie later?
          You buyin?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            More gay business opportunities, I suppose. A pink High Street.
            And that would be the smart way to approach it rather than going all apoplectic and dedicating yourself to trying to destroy someone. But nobody seems to want to the former and instead always picks the latter.

Comment

You buyin?
              Dutch treat? Or I could grab a pizza and bring The Notebook DVD over?

Comment

Dutch treat? Or I could grab a pizza and bring The Notebook DVD over?
                You must think I'm cheap and easy.

Comment

You must think I'm cheap and easy.

Comment

I would think video and photography would definitely fall under free speech, since it is a personal expression and an art form. After all, if they weren't interested in the guy's artistry, they could have just had some friends take pics/vids with their iphones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I would think video and photography would definitely fall under free speech, since it is a personal expression and an art form. After all, if they weren't interested in the guy's artistry, they could have just had some friends take pics/vids with their iphones.
                      It doesn't matter to the leftists - everyone must think and act like them.

Comment

And those who don't must be tirelessly hunted down and ruthlessly punished until they conform or are utterly ruined.

Comment

Well they were arguing that decorating cakes wasn't "art" but photography and film have been accepted as art for over a hundred years.

Comment

And those who don't must be tirelessly hunted down and ruthlessly punished until they conform or are utterly ruined.
                            They will ruin your name and your livelihood. Deeply pernicious.

Comment

Another case of uncommon common sense.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment