Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Would you like to make a bet on that Lilpix. Not a single crime has to be committed for Congress to put the President on trial, a process we call impeachment, nor does a crime have to be proven in order for the Senate to convict.
    Read the constitution you moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Yes, it basically does amount to the same thing, it's maladministration which doesn't necessarily amount to criminal activity.
      I see... So you're just going to ignore the fact that maladministration was explicitly rejected by the Founding Fathers as grounds for impeachment.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What's glaring is your hypocrisy, CP. Try practicing what you preach and you might gain more respect.
        Jimmy, honey, you wouldn't know hypocrisy if it bet you in your butt. When you're not the sharpest tool in the light socket, you really shouldn't be making such idiotic accusations.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You don't want to focus on the issue, then don't.
          Whatever you want to believe, Jim. It's no skin off my back if you want to keep looking stupid before someone even gets the chance to analyze the content of your posts. It is amusing to be called "stupid" and "brain dead" and "dunderhead" by someone who routinely has difficulties with spelling and grammar.
          Okay, so now you have something to say. I'm not latching on to anything, read the report, stupid.
          You first.
          Pelosi knows what she's doing,
          I agree with you this far.
          ...she knows she has to better inform the brain dead like yourself before Congress actual files for impeachment. She doesn't want to further divide the country like republicans did when they filed for impeachment, after the bogus whitewater investigation, because Clinton lied about a sexual affair. Impeachment is coming, don't worry your pretty little head about that, but it is coming only after you dunderheads are better informed, if that is, Pelosi can hold off the more aggressive members of the party.
          The rest of this is rather more fervent wish than reality. Trump would LOVE to be impeached. Go on, play into his hands. You know you want to.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Read the constitution you moron.
            [liberal mode]The constitution is a living document that means whatever we want it to mean in any given moment[/liberal mode]

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Trump would LOVE to be impeached. Go on, play into his hands. You know you want to.
              00000000000000ab000-00aaba.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Things are moving slowly but inexorably. It seems that John Durham is wisely ignoring the investigation itself and is directly targeting the January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment which was used as the predicate to kick off the entire "Russian Collusion Delusion".

Source: John Durham Questioning CIA Officials About Intelligence Community Assessment…

Questioning the construct of the ICA is a smart direction to take for a review or investigation. By looking at the intelligence community work-product, it’s likely Durham will cut through a lot of the chatter and get to the heart of the intelligence motives.

CTH has previously outlined how the December 29th, 2016, Joint Analysis Report on Russia Cyber Activity was a quickly compiled bunch of nonsense about Russian hacking. The JAR was followed a week later by the January 7th, 2017, Intelligence Community Assessment. The ICA took the ridiculous construct of the JAR and then overlaid a political narrative that Russia was trying to help Donald Trump.

The claims within the ICA were/are completely silly, and manufactured specifically to present a political narrative intended to undermine President-elect Donald Trump. The ICA was the brain-trust of John Brennan, James Clapper and James Comey. NSA Director Mike Rogers would not sign up to the “high confidence” claims, likely because he saw through the political motives of the report.

Apparently John Durham is looking into just this aspect: Was the ICA document a politically engineered report stemming from within a corrupt intelligence network?

The importance of that question is rather large. All of the downstream claims about Russian activity, including the Russian indictments promoted by Rosenstein and the Mueller team, are centered around origination claims of illicit Russian activity outlined in the ICA.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ty-assessment/

© Copyright Original Source

And now there's this from Rep. Mark Meadows:

“We are now getting a lot of whistle-blowers” … “people who knew this was wrong are coming forward now” …

Seems the rats are scrambling to get off the sinking ship as quickly as possible.

Comment

• This is huge huge huge! The DOJ admits that they never saw the full unredacted report from Crowdstrike! In fact, they only saw a preliminary report and took the DNC's word for it that the redactions were not relevant to the investigation.

The seriousness of this can not be overstated.

"This means the FBI and DOJ, and all of the downstream claims by the intelligence apparatus; including the December 2016 Joint Analysis Report and January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment, all the way to the Weissmann/Mueller report and the continued claims therein; were based on the official intelligence agencies of the U.S. government and the U.S. Department of Justice taking the word of a hired contractor for the Democrat party….. despite their inability to examine the server and/or actually see an unredacted technical forensic report from the investigating contractor."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...hacking-claim/

Just... wow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I see... So you're just going to ignore the fact that maladministration was explicitly rejected by the Founding Fathers as grounds for impeachment.
                    The term maladministration was explicitly rejected because it could incorporate (political agendas) more than is intended, but lawlessness, obstruction of justice, collusion, conspiracy, aiding and abetting foriegn adversaries, undermining democratic institutions, and in general abusing the power of the office, fits the definition of maladministration.

Comment

Trump would LOVE to be impeached. Go on, play into his hands. You know you want to.
                      Unfortunately for you and for Trump, Nancy Pelosi is still the speaker. He'll be impeached, but only after they pry the evidence from out of the administration and better inform those who are open to seeing it. Innocent people don't try to end, and or obstruct, investigations into their innocent selves.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        The term maladministration was explicitly rejected because it could incorporate (political agendas) more than is intended, but lawlessness, obstruction of justice, collusion, conspiracy, aiding and abetting foriegn adversaries, undermining democratic institutions, and in general abusing the power of the office, fits the definition of maladministration.
                        Correct. None of which Trump or his campaign are guilty of.

Meanwhile, there is ample evidence that Hillary and the Democrats coordinated with foreign governments and their agents in an attempt to influence the election.

Source: Emails Show Obama State Department’s Role in Anti-Trump Coup Cabal

John Kerry, President Obama’s secretary of state, seems to be having trouble staying within the legal bounds of the Logan Act, so it’s not surprising that his State Department lieutenants were getting their hands dirty in the conspiracy to bring down Donald Trump.

Judicial Watch now has received more evidence of this anti-Trump conspiracy. With The Daily Caller News Foundation, they just released 16 pages of documents revealing senior State Obama officials – Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer – coordinated with incoming House Majority Whip Steny Hoyer’s (D-MD) national security advisor, Daniel Silverberg, to work on Russia dossier information provided by Christopher Steele.

Steele was surreptitiously paid by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to create the infamous anti-Trump dossier used to justify a series of FISA spy warrants targeting Carter Page. Winer is a former Obama State Department deputy assistant secretary who was implicated in working with Steele and Clinton associate Sidney Blumenthal to circulate the anti-Trump dossier.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mp-coup-cabal/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Unfortunately for you and for Trump, Nancy Pelosi is still the speaker....
                          Well, she's trying her best to be, but she's getting bullied by her own party.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Well, she's trying her best to be, but she's getting bullied by her own party.
                            Not especially. She's pretty good at keeping her party in line - much better than recent Republican Speakers.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not especially. She's pretty good at keeping her party in line - much better than recent Republican Speakers.
                              Interesting. She's no dummy - so I wonder how much of this is on purpose --- she keeps saying no, her party keeps screaming yes, so it stays in the news....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                ...I wonder how much of this is on purpose...
                                All of it. They're trying to give Trump the political damage that could come from impeachment without actually impeaching him. I don't think the Democrats are at all confident that an impeachment vote would succeed because, first of all, the case against Trump is so weak, and secondly, there are enough vulnerable Democrats up for reelection in 2020 who could break from the party in order to save their own skins at the ballot box.

Comment