Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Beards, moustaches, and whatever else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Do they also prohibit mustaches?
    Mustaches are ok, but they can't extend past the edges of the lips. I don't think I could pull off a mustache, though.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Still kicking the beard. I was starting to get tired of it, but got roped into a play this fall so it stayed. Then I got roped into another play and the beard works well there too. However there is yet another play where I think the beard might have to go. Which is just as well--it's always been red, but I'm noticing more and more white hairs of late.

I kinda pull off a beard pretty well I think. Fast receeding hairline that is in a race with an exceeding waistline. If I could just lose some weight over the winter I'd look about 20 years younger when I shave! [Last time I shaved I did get a number of comments about how much younger I looked.]
      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
        ...Fast receeding hairline that is in a race with an exceeding waistline...
        Have you reached the point where you have more hair on your face than your head?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
          For those of you who have or had facial hair. What's your experience?
          It grew there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Have you reached the point where you have more hair on your face than your head?
            It's very likely. Plus, I like to trim my hair short, yet let the beard grow out a bit longer.
            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

No Shave November.

Comment

My picture answers the question,
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Well, I have one of those braided beards, thats died red. That is a pain for me to keep up but I like it so its worth it.

I think facial hair gives someone the excuse that they don't have to shave as much. Otherwise, its all a matter of what you want.

Comment

Had a beard for a short while--about 6 months growth. Shaved it for a new job. I don't miss it now that it's gone. The wife doesn't either, nor the child.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypticsights View Post
                      I think facial hair gives someone the excuse that they don't have to shave as much.
                      This is exactly the source of my facial hair.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        This is exactly the source of my facial hair.
                        I blame laziness

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by nico View Post
                          Had a beard for a short while--about 6 months growth. Shaved it for a new job. I don't miss it now that it's gone. The wife doesn't either, nor the child.
                          When I lived in the bush I never shaved at all. After moving into town I eventually did shave. I made sure my son was with me as he had never seen me with out my scraggly facial hair. Did not want to scare him.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I am growing a mustache. I have a shaggy goatee.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've had a mustache since about halfway through high school, and a beard since early in college. I did shave it briefly at the request of my then-girlfriend. Meh.

I keep it fairly short and neat, though I am growing it a bit higher on my cheeks for the winter.

I think it would actually be easier to just shave my whole face, rather than try to keep the edges of the beard smooth and uniform, but I prefer the way I look with the beard.

Then there's this. *eye roll* Honestly, I'm certain it will only be a short time until we hear of "studies" on the attractiveness or lack thereof of off-center navels and moles on the right butt-cheek.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Well I tried growing a full beard but it just itched too much. I went back to a mustache and goatee. More pirate like.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X