Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    These guys seem to think if they can show it can't be called a "baby" then it isn't a human being and can be safely killed.

It's just a way to assuage guilt.
    The first half of the thread was you guys refusing to concede that "baby killer" applied!

Comment

• Baby is only a term for offspring. It's not a scientific term for a stage of development! It's also used to mean an immature human(as an insult). Sure, infant is what may pop into your head first, but toddlers are still babies even if they are no longer infants. And premature babies are called babies even if they are still the same age as a fetus, they just have to struggle for survival while their peer is still living on easy street.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        Calling a blastocyst a "baby" is silly.

Calling something that looks akin to embryos of other species a baby is just as silly.

Face it: pro-life advocates call everything during the 9 month gestation period a baby, because it's easier to tug on emotions than address the complicated ethical situation that abortion is at the center of.

If you want pro-choicers to stop using technical terminology, stop pro-lifers from arguing from emotion.
        Again, tell the Mayo Clinic.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Oh. Then I'll take back my kudos. Where do you think your links back *that* up?
          The links were not used to prove that point. They were used later when the claim was brought forth that a fetus wasn't a baby.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            The links were not used to prove that point. They were used later when the claim was brought forth that a fetus wasn't a baby.
            I'm beginning to think he's only arguing to argue, not really focused on what's actually being said.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The first half of the thread was you guys refusing to concede that "baby killer" applied!
              No, it was you trying to get CP to call all of the women "murderers," and when that didn't work, "baby killers," just for "insurance"

Then the rest of the thread was you and some others nitpicking the use of the word "baby" because you would rather dehumanize the unborn so they are easier to kill. Same reason they lie about them being a "clump of cells" so they can fool innocent young girls into killing their babies.

Comment

I very clearly explained why I would not be goaded into using that phrase just for you to feel good about your "gotcha" thread.

That's obviously what it's been all along, but it didn't turn out quite like you scripted it.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Why the arguments about brain development? Young human organism aren't very bright yet. That does not make it okay to kill them just because they aren't smarter than a dog yet! Or a hamster? How smart is a hamster compared to a newborn? The hamster has better motor skills and survival instincts, but will always be a hamster. A human organism will eventually be the smartest among the animal kingdom in five or six years of development(some animals are as smart as a four year old?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    No, it was you trying to get CP to call all of the women "murderers," and when that didn't work, "baby killers," just for "insurance"

Then the rest of the thread was you and some others nitpicking the use of the word "baby" because you would rather dehumanize the unborn so they are easier to kill. Same reason they lie about them being a "clump of cells" so they can fool innocent young girls into killing their babies.
                    I think he was simply enquiring why it is that you don't want to call them baby murderers when you believe them to be murdering their babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I very clearly explained why I would not be goaded into using that phrase just for you to feel good about your "gotcha" thread.

That's obviously what it's been all along, but it didn't turn out quite like you scripted it.
                      No, it turned out exactly as I'd hoped.

How's Dee Dee doing these days, btw?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        I think he was simply enquiring why it is that you don't want to call them baby murderers when you believe them to be murdering their babies.
                        Perhaps you could actually read the thread where that was answered, instead of endlessly spewing forth stupid stuff?

Comment

• Ignorance is lethal.

Comment

No, it turned out exactly as I'd hoped.
                            Yeah, sure it did.

How's Dee Dee doing these days, btw?
                            Never met her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Why the arguments about brain development? Young human organism aren't very bright yet. That does not make it okay to kill them just because they aren't smarter than a dog yet! Or a hamster? How smart is a hamster compared to a newborn? The hamster has better motor skills and survival instincts, but will always be a hamster. A human organism will eventually be the smartest among the animal kingdom in five or six years of development(some animals are as smart as a four year old?).
                              My argument was not about brain developement, it was about the absence of brain activity which, if I remember correctly, doesn't begin until about 24-25 weeks in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Perhaps you could actually read the thread where that was answered, instead of endlessly spewing forth stupid stuff?
                                If that's what he was asking then it's not stupid stuff, disrupter.

Comment