Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Bill Paxton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Paxton

Bill Paxton, the actor best known for his roles in movies including Titanic, Aliens and Twister, has died, a representative for the family confirms to Us Weekly. He was 61.

"It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery," the rep says in a statement to Us. "A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill's passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family's wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bill-paxton...154625811.html

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Game over man.
    sigpic

Comment

The twister finally got him.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wow

He just started a new series, Training Day

I wonder how they will replace him? He was the primary star.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Wow

Two options other than simply cancelling the show.

Simply bring in a new actor like they did with Pete Duel in Alias Smith and Jones back in the 70s. Or write the death into the show like they did for John Ritter in the far more recent 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. IIRC, Paxton's character in Training Day was sorta loose cannon wild man so I imagine the latter route would be kind of easy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Game over man.
            Both my favorite Bill Paxton scene from any movie, and my favorite scene from any "Alien(s)" movie.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Wow

They wrapped production of the 13 episode series in December, so the first season won't be affected. They are paying tribute to him after the episode airs this Thursday. So far, ratings have been low enough to warrant not renewing it, but Paxton's death may boost viewership. From what TV Guide's interview with the creator last night said, there are no plans either way at this moment.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Two options other than simply cancelling the show.

Simply bring in a new actor like they did with Pete Duel in Alias Smith and Jones back in the 70s. Or write the death into the show like they did for John Ritter in the far more recent 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. IIRC, Paxton's character in Training Day was sorta loose cannon wild man so I imagine the latter route would be kind of easy.
                They might just cancel the show. They have this season already filmed. But the ratings are not that great.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X