Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

updated the way unread posts and threads are handled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updated the way unread posts and threads are handled

One of the problems we have been having with the new tweb is the way that unread threads have been handled when you click on "What's New?" in the navbar. It seemed to keep losing track of unread threads after a few minutes.

I made a change to the way vBulletin handles and marks threads as "read"

The side effect is that you might end up with a bunch of your old subscriptions showing up as "unread" since it uses a different method of tracking which is read and unread. This will clear up once you go through and read your subscriptions, or even faster if you choose "Mark Forums Read" from the navbar under "Forum Actions" or just click below

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fo...c2b3db8e9c6d7d

You might want to go through and read any newer subscribed threads first though because it will mark those as 'read' too and you might miss some posts since your last check in.

PS for those who don't know how to check your subscriptions, just click "settings" at the top right of the web page. That shows you the threads you have subscribed to by posting in. If you click the small circle icon in front of the thread name it takes you to the first unread post.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yeah, saw this after "reading" 57 subscriptions cause they showed up as unread.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hated the way it was working.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I hate the way it's working now.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
            I hate the way it's working now.
            While you were gone, the owners plotted and connived how best to raise your hackles.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              While you were gone, the owners plotted and connived how best to raise your hackles.
              This was ALL Sparky.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                This was ALL Sparky.
                That's your story and you're stickin' to it?

Comment

Typical. It's just because I'm a liberal. I'm suing.

Comment

That's your story and you're stickin' to it?
                    I was as annoyed as anyone by having to read umpteen zillion subscribed threads when I logged on this morning.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I was as annoyed as anyone by having to read umpteen zillion subscribed threads when I logged on this morning.
                      Yes, and in all truth, Sparko confessed to doing this ON HIS OWN!

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I made a change to the way vBulletin handles and marks threads as "read"

Comment

Yes, and in all truth, Sparko confessed to doing this ON HIS OWN!
                        So don't blame this little red girl!

Comment

So don't blame this little red girl!

Comment

FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Once you get through the whole thing it is supposed to be good. We shall se tomorrow.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X