Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

E. Warren takes DNA test which proves her native american heritage and wins 1 million dollars from Trump to be donated to her favorite charity. Who would like to bet that the corrupt lying Trump denies making, and renegs on the deal?

Trump: "I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to be given to your favorite charity, if you take the test and it proves you're indian"

Don't you Trump sheep ever get embarrassed?
    Last edited by JimL; 10-15-2018, 09:36 AM.

As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

----------

According to Warren’s own DNA test, she has, at best, 1 1/32nd Native American ancestry, but it could also be as low as 1/512. Percentage-wise, she can claim somewhere between 0.1 percent to 3.125 percent Native lineage.

The minimum requirement to claim membership in most Native American tribes ranges from 1/8 (12.5 percent) to 1/2 (50 percent). A few tribes have a minimum requirement of 1/16 (six percent).

Assuming this DNA test is accurate, Warren can still make no claim to membership in a Cherokee tribe. The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians has a minimum threshold of 1/16 “blood quantum,” and the United Keetowah Band’s threshold is 1/4 blood quantum. The Cherokee Nation does not have any minimum threshold for ancestry, but for membership, it does require that an individual “provide documents that connect you to a direct ancestor listed on one of the Dawes Final Rolls of Citizens of the Cherokee Nation.” The Dawes Rolls do not include any of Warren’s ancestors.

Warren’s expert analyst Bustamante concludes that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European but said evidence “support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

However, there is no proof of her specific claim to be part Cherokee.

Much of Warren’s claim to American Indian heritage was debunked in 2014 when official documents, including a marriage certificate, appeared to prove that Warren’s story about her parents being forced to elope due to her mother’s Indian heritage was not true.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-ancestry/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      E. Warren takes DNA test which proves her native american heritage and wins 1 million dollars from Trump to be donated to her favorite charity. Who would like to bet that the corrupt lying Trump denies making, and renegs on the deal?

Trump: "I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to be given to your favorite charity, if you take the test and it proves you're indian"

You're breaking irony meters by the boatload today, Jim.

No source? Check.
      Leaving out highly material facts? Check.
      Assuming something will happen, then taking that assumption as fact? Check.

...and you wonder about others never being embarrassed.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This thread should be moved to the loony bin.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

----------

According to Warren’s own DNA test, she has, at best, 1 1/32nd Native American ancestry, but it could also be as low as 1/512. Percentage-wise, she can claim somewhere between 0.1 percent to 3.125 percent Native lineage.

The minimum requirement to claim membership in most Native American tribes ranges from 1/8 (12.5 percent) to 1/2 (50 percent). A few tribes have a minimum requirement of 1/16 (six percent).

Assuming this DNA test is accurate, Warren can still make no claim to membership in a Cherokee tribe. The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians has a minimum threshold of 1/16 “blood quantum,” and the United Keetowah Band’s threshold is 1/4 blood quantum. The Cherokee Nation does not have any minimum threshold for ancestry, but for membership, it does require that an individual “provide documents that connect you to a direct ancestor listed on one of the Dawes Final Rolls of Citizens of the Cherokee Nation.” The Dawes Rolls do not include any of Warren’s ancestors.

Warren’s expert analyst Bustamante concludes that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European but said evidence “support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

However, there is no proof of her specific claim to be part Cherokee.

Much of Warren’s claim to American Indian heritage was debunked in 2014 when official documents, including a marriage certificate, appeared to prove that Warren’s story about her parents being forced to elope due to her mother’s Indian heritage was not true.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-ancestry/
          About a decade or so ago there was a study about how if you send your DNA to one of these genetic testing businesses to trace your ancestry that you'll often get different results for the same person depending on the name used for the customer. For instance, they might at best be able to determine that your ancestry is a quarter Central European but if you sent it in under the name Schmidt they'll likely say you're a quarter German but if you sent it in under the name Kolowski the results will likely come back saying that you're a quarter Polish.

The point being is that most of these outfits are little better than the guys that will send you your family coat of arms.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The actual quote was "I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian." (you kinda mangled that last part)

A test - even if it's accurate - that "shows you're an Indian" is a FAR cry from a test that shows you have a tiny percent of Indian DNA.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The actual quote was "I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian." (you kinda mangled that last part)

A test - even if it's accurate - that "shows you're an Indian" is a FAR cry from a test that shows you have a tiny percent of Indian DNA.
              IIRC Warren has consistently refused to take such a test but is now waving the results of one around. The cynic in me is forced to wonder just how many of these tests did she secretly take until she got the results she wanted?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dear Jimmy,

1. If your ancestors were here long enough, you’ll likely have some.
                2. It takes more than 1/32 to legally claim you are.
                3. I’m as much as one as she is and I have a fair completion, blonde hair, and green eyes.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Dear Jimmy,

1. If your ancestors were here long enough, you’ll likely have some.
                  2. It takes more than 1/32 to legally claim you are.
                  3. I’m as much as one as she is and I have a fair completion, blonde hair, and green eyes.
                  I KNEW you had green eyes! I could tell by the way you type!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    About a decade or so ago there was a study about how if you send your DNA to one of these genetic testing businesses to trace your ancestry that you'll often get different results for the same person depending on the name used for the customer. For instance, they might at best be able to determine that your ancestry is a quarter Central European but if you sent it in under the name Schmidt they'll likely say you're a quarter German but if you sent it in under the name Kolowski the results will likely come back saying that you're a quarter Polish.

The point being is that most of these outfits are little better than the guys that will send you your family coat of arms.
                    That’s why I haven’t got one yet. I’ve been doing it the old way. Digging through records.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

OK, so using an actual source.... The Hill - let's look at this...

Trump denies offering $1 million for Warren DNA test, even though he did

On Monday denied that he offered Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) $1 million to take a test proving her Native American heritage, even though he did just that.

Trump spoke after Warren responded to the president's challenge and released the results of a DNA test showing she has a distant Native ancestor.

"I didn't say that. You'd better read it again," Trump told reporters at the White House when asked about his $1 million offer.

Responding to a question about Warren's test, Trump said, "Who cares?"

During a campaign rally on July 5, Trump taunted Warren for her claims of Native American ancestry, a staple of his campaign stump speeches.

"I will give you a million dollars, to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian," Trump said at the time. "I have a feeling she will say 'no.' "

First, the title of the article is misleading - it wasn't a challenge just to take the test. Even in the quote, the REQUIREMENT is that "it shows you're an Indian".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I KNEW you had green eyes! I could tell by the way you type!
                        I have 20/15 vision and can get corrected to 20/10 if I wanted to.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          I have 20/15 vision and can get corrected to 20/10 if I wanted to.
                          I can burp the alphabet.

Comment

Apparently this is the report with the results.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              Apparently this is the report with the results.
                              I got a few that far back. If anything, it works against her since 1/32 or less doesn’t make you legally an American Native.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment