Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Impeachable abuses have never required proof of crime. Trump’s behavior is a classic example of abuse of presidential power for personal, political gain and is therefore properly impeachable.
    Nope. You are begging the question. There is simply no evidence that Trump was at all concerned about 2020. Not a shred.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      no Jim. Extortion is an actual crime. If he did it, they would have listed it as such in the Articles. Because that would be something that they could impeach him on constitutionally. "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" remember? "Abuse of Power" isn't a crime. It's an accusation.
      Extortion comes under the name "abuse of power" where impeachment of a president is concerned, and the act of extortion is detailed in the Articles themselves. Soliciting a foriegn country to interfere in U.S. elections is also an abuse of power, though not a crime, and withholding appropriated funds to that end without notifying Congress and giving a reason for the hold is another Abuse of power as well as a crime, a violation of the Impoundment act. All of that is detailed in the articles and is being explained in detail at the trial. And yes, the evidence is overwhelming, should you not be watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Nope. You are begging the question. There is simply no evidence that Trump was at all concerned about 2020. Not a shred.
        There was no basis for the investigation the president was pursuing and pushing into Biden. None. The only viable explanation for why he broke federal law by withholding Congress-approved military aid to Ukraine is that he was doing it for his own political benefit.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

There was no basis for the investigation the president was pursuing and pushing into Biden. None.
          How do you know this?

The only viable explanation for why he broke federal law by withholding Congress-approved military aid to Ukraine is that he was doing it for his own political benefit.
          Perhaps you're unaware, comrade, that ONLY the prosecution has been heard from thus far? And, contrary to Uncle Joe's claims, the "Biden situation" has NEVER been debunked.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There was no basis for the investigation the president was pursuing and pushing into Biden. None. The only viable explanation for why he broke federal law by withholding Congress-approved military aid to Ukraine is that he was doing it for his own political benefit.
            There seemed to be enough basis for the Obama Administration to begin an investigation into Hunter -- which was summarily nipped in the bud at the insistence of a very angry Joe Biden.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There was no basis for the investigation the president was pursuing and pushing into Biden. None.
              That's patently false. Hunter had ZERO experience in the oil industry, yet he was earning 50K per MONTH. That on its face is shifty.

The only viable explanation for why he broke federal law by withholding Congress-approved military aid to Ukraine is that he was doing it for his own political benefit.
              Even if that's true, the ONLY remedy listed in that law is for the Comptroller to file a lawsuit. He did not.

And, in fact, nearly EVERY policy decision a President makes is for their own political benefit. You really think Obamacare had no impact on Obama's reelection campaign?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                How do you know this?
                For one thing, because an actual investigation into Burisma and Biden was not the demand, just a public announcment of an investigation of Biden on CNN is what the president demanded. The President also never mentioned corruption in Ukraine in any other context other than Biden and Burisma. You're not stupid, CP, you know what's going on.

Perhaps you're unaware, comrade, that ONLY the prosecution has been heard from thus far? And, contrary to Uncle Joe's claims, the "Biden situation" has NEVER been debunked.
                Actually, we have heard from the defense, in rebuttal to the House managers, and so far they really have no defense other than to complain about process. It will be interesting to see if your FOX NEWS actually airs the defenses case, being that they neglected to air the prosecution case.
                Last edited by JimL; 01-24-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  For one thing, because an actual investigation into Burisma and Biden was not the demand, just a public announcment of an investigation of Biden on CNN is what the president demanded. The President also never mentioned corruption in Ukraine in any other context other than Biden and Burisma. You're not stupid, CP, you know what's going on.

Actually, we have heard from the defense, in rebuttal to the House managers, and so far they really have no defense other than to complain about process. It will be interesting to see if your FOX NEWS actually airs the defenses case, being that they neglected to air the prosecution case.
                  Fox News was the most watched of the news outlets during the opening.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Fox News was the most watched of the news outlets during the opening.
                    Yeah, I don't doubt it, and that's a problem, being that FOX, instead of allowing its audience to actually hear the prosecution, spent their time blabbering the nonsense that they want their audience to hear. You know, the usual spin.

Comment

Yeah, I don't doubt it, and that's a problem, being that FOX, instead of allowing its audience to actually hear the prosecution, spent their time blabbering the nonsense that they want their audience to hear. You know, the usual spin.
                      They were broadcasting it live, moron.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They were broadcasting it live, moron.
                        No, they weren't.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/story...schiff-hannity

Comment

Interestingly CNN rather quickly got that reputation during the House hearings. They tended to cut away for "analysis" nearly always when it was a Republican's turn to speak and then go back to uninterrupted live coverage when it was the Democrat's turn.

I guess this is yet another case of a leftist accusing others of the behavior that his side is engaging in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

... It will be interesting to see if your FOX NEWS actually airs the defenses case....
                            Jim, why do you keep up this petty false nonsense? Is that really who you are?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes they were. I turned the tv on multiple times yesterday and all of the news channels had it on, including Fox. That they picture in pictured it late in the afternoon is immaterial. It was still there, as it had been solely on for the past 2 days that I could check.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So, now you're telling us that YOU watch Fox News?

Comment