Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump lies and false news breaks all records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Sometimes you have to wonder, is he lying, or could he just be that much of an ignoramus that like many of it's conservative viewers, he has no clue, and just regurgitates what he hears on Fox News.
    Ironic to hear a brainwashed democrat complain about Fox News.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Trump has told more lies and fake news than any other president. One of the latest whoopers was on global warming.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

© Copyright Original Source

For a partial list of whoopers see: http://www.politifact.com/personalit.../false/?page=4
      The ‘fact checkers’ trying to convince Americans black is really white for over a decade now.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        The ‘fact checkers’ trying to convince Americans black is really white for over a decade now.
        Still no coherent response, but lots of name calling.

Again . . .

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

“There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

The other lies and fake news are worse than this. Do have any reasonable explanation for this atrocious nonsense.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

These articles are hilarious because they list things like differences of opinion, or when the President rounds, say, a dollar figure as a lie. And it's amazing how Politifact will spin and spin until they feel like they can call a factually true statement a lie. It's why I say their slogan should be "Politifact: All politics, no facts."
          They are overt, demonstrably provable lies and the list is long. Trump is a compulsive liar. Although some reports suggest Trump might not be a liar at all, but truly delusional. Either way it’s a worry.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm thinkin' ya mean whoppers.

Thanks, now I'm hungry!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26364[/ATTACH]
            How come they never look like that in real life?

whopper1.jpg

Comment

You started a troll thread and then are surprised when people treat it that way?

Comment

Again . . .

The other lies and fake news are worse than this. Do have any reasonable explanation for this atrocious nonsense.
                Sorry Shuny, we’re all aware of their tricks and don’t trust them. What they do is twist statements by republicans, they ignore false statements by democrats, they count multiple lies from democrats as one, or they take a statement from a republican, make they say something else, and go to refute that instead. Sorry that you’re too brainwashed to know that.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  They are overt, demonstrably provable lies and the list is long. Trump is a compulsive liar. Although some reports suggest Trump might not be a liar at all, but truly delusional. Either way it’s a worry.
                  Repeating myself, but...

since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html

And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26368[/ATTACH]
                    Reminds me of that scene from Falling Down with Michael Douglas. Great movie.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26368[/ATTACH]
                      Unrealistic body expectations!
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        Source for the bolded, please? All you did was point to something you say is false and then point to other allegedly false statements. Even if you're correct that all are false, that's a long way from actually proving your claim. You can't just point to some false statements (one can do that for any president), you have to prove it's actually more than any previous president.
                        The partial list reference is longer than that of any other president. I see a failure to respond to the Trump quote on global warming.

Still waiting . . .

More to follow because like Pinocchio's nose the list gets longer and longer. I will also refer to more lies and fake news from the list. Like the global warming whooper I see no coherent response to the fact that Trump is habitual liar.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

The partial list reference is longer than that of any other president. I see a failure to respond to the Trump quote on global warming.

Still waiting . . .

More to follow because like Pinocchio's nose the list gets longer and longer. I will also refer to more lies and fake news from the list. Like the global warming whooper I see no coherent response to the fact that Trump is habitual liar.
                          Do you actually refer to lies as "whoopers"? That's new to me.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The partial list reference is longer than that of any other president.
                            And you're comparing them to other presidents in what way? By the number of statements they've made that PolitiFact ranks as false?

First, PolitiFact is noticeably biased in how they rate things, grading conservatives noticeably more harshly than liberals. But even if we grant them as being completely fair in regards to their grading, they don't evaluate every single statement someone makes, thereby making numerical comparisons pointless even if they didn't have a bias.

But even ignoring all of that, PolitiFact didn't even exist until 2007 and thus were in no position to really do such evaluations for any president before Obama (there was only a small amount of overlap with Bush, and Bush basically dropped from the public eye after he left the presidency). So even ignoring the above issues, at most your data would suggest he made more false statements than Obama, because he's the only one you can validly compare Trump to with that data. So how about the 43 presidents before Obama that PolitiFact provides little to no actual data in regards to? Got any actual data to show that Trump made more false statements than any of them? That was your claim, after all, that he was breaking records.
                            Last edited by Terraceth; 02-05-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Repeating myself, but...

since you seem enamored with this sort of thing, a 2014 FOX News poll found that 81% of respondents believed that Obama lied about important matters at least some of the time.
                              There are some lies and exaggerations, as per most people including Obama and there are continuous, compulsive lies as per Trump. There is no comparison.

“After we published a list of President Trump’s lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but if you made a similar list for previous presidents, it would be just as bad. We’ve set out to make that list. Here, you will find our attempt at a comprehensive catalogue of the falsehoods that Barack Obama told while he was president”.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-is-worse.html
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Repeating myself, but...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-matters.html

And here's a list of over 1000 of Obama's biggest lies:

https://freedomoutpost.com/1063-docu...isy-waste-etc/

Start a thread on this and I will address it. I already reviewed it: one is a poll split on party lines, and the other is mostly disagreements based on party lines, nothing new. My list represents down right lies, and the first whooper has not n=been responded to,

Frank

Comment