X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Social Security.

That's a good one!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I collect Amen’s. You are welcome to donate.
      I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
        I collect Amen’s. You are welcome to donate.
        there ya go!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been collecting off and on for most of my life.

Used to collect Tops baseball cards (even though I didn't care about baseball) and Garbage Pail Kid cards back in the 80s.

80s through the 90s I collected Marvel comics.

I've been collecting vinyl albums since the early 90s (mostly Punk and 60s rock), and while it's kinda neat to see it that it's taken off in such a huge way since about 2007, it's made finding albums and turntables for cheap really really hard, which kinda sucks.

I started collecting 60s psychedelic posters, but again, very expensive, and no room to display.

I went through a short-lived period of collecting ancient coins (Greek and Roman). I'd like to get back into that someday soon.

My book collection is constantly expanding. I'd LOVE to collect first edition pulp like Lovecraft and Robert Howard, and weird comics and magazines from the 40s and 50s (stuff from the EC Comics line like Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, Tales From the Crypt, Crime SuspenStories and the like), but the market for those is so high now, and I simply don't have the room to display them correctly (I'm house-hunting, so I'm sure that'll eventually resolve itself).

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            I've been collecting off and on for most of my life.

Used to collect Tops baseball cards (even though I didn't care about baseball) and Garbage Pail Kid cards back in the 80s.

80s through the 90s I collected Marvel comics.

I've been collecting vinyl albums since the early 90s (mostly Punk and 60s rock), and while it's kinda neat to see it that it's taken off in such a huge way since about 2007, it's made finding albums and turntables for cheap really really hard, which kinda sucks.

I started collecting 60s psychedelic posters, but again, very expensive, and no room to display.

I went through a short-lived period of collecting ancient coins (Greek and Roman). I'd like to get back into that someday soon.

My book collection is constantly expanding. I'd LOVE to collect first edition pulp like Lovecraft and Robert Howard, and weird comics and magazines from the 40s and 50s (stuff from the EC Comics line like Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, Tales From the Crypt, Crime SuspenStories and the like), but the market for those is so high now, and I simply don't have the room to display them correctly (I'm house-hunting, so I'm sure that'll eventually resolve itself).
            You're about as weird as I had imagined. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Weird? You mean my short-lived Jeff Goldblum infatuation in the 90s, where I attempted to collect every toy Goldblum figurine I could find isn't normal? I still have those stuck behind some boxes in a closet (where they probably deserve to remain).

What about this creepy monkey I found at a local flea market a few years ago. I swear he's up to no good.

Comment

Weird? You mean my short-lived Jeff Goldblum infatuation in the 90s, where I attempted to collect every toy Goldblum figurine I could find isn't normal? I still have those stuck behind some boxes in a closet (where they probably deserve to remain).

What about this creepy monkey I found at a local flea market a few years ago. I swear he's up to no good.

Looks legit to me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Obviously you never saw his picture when he had a foot tall mohawk.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I believe I did, actually.

Comment

I really wanted a mohawk when I was in fourth grade. My mom refused to let me have one because she thought I would look like a skinhead (a word I had never even encountered before that point).
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I miss it. It had to go cause of a job, and as I'm getting older it's getting thin up top.

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I really wanted a mohawk when I was in fourth grade. My mom refused to let me have one because she thought I would look like a skinhead (a word I had never even encountered before that point).
                        My brother had a much shorter mohawk when he was about 12. Mom let him get away with it because he was so into Indians.

Comment

I miss it. It had to go cause of a job, and as I'm getting older it's getting thin up top.
                          I've recently discovered that my thin spot looks about twice as big as it feels. My hairline is seemingly impatient to meet it, too.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I generally prefer my hair short (like a buzz cut), but I've got almost a year on my beard now and I don't want to cut that off yet. I'm hesitating to get my hair cut because I'm not sure I want to go around with a full beard and a buzz cut....
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I started balding at 16 so I long ago made peace with the fact that I would never be able to pull off any halfway decent hairstyle again. I have a nearly complete apathy toward my appearance, though, so it's fine.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                I did a thread like this a few years ago, but it's been a while so let's do it again. What do you collect?
                                Snoopy and Peanuts stuff.
                                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment