Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden tells a porky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden tells a porky

Joe Biden told moving military story at campaign stop – but it 'never happened,' report says
    Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign has been dogged by gaffes -- but a new error could be his most damaging yet.

The controversy surrounds a moving military story -- which the former VP claimed to be the "God's truth" -- that Biden told at a campaign stop in New Hampshire earlier this month.

The only problem was that the story was not true, according to The Washington Post. Biden was quick to respond to the allegation on Thursday, speaking to a Washington Post's Cape Up podcast. “I was making the point how courageous these people are, how incredible they are, this generation of warriors, these fallen angels we’ve lost,” he said. “I don’t know what the problem is. What is it that I said wrong?”

Earlier, Biden's allegedly tall tale was an emotional account of his decision to travel to Afghanistan, despite concerns about visiting a war-torn area, in order to honor a Navy captain for retrieving the body of his dead comrade during battle.

According to Biden, he brushed off concerns about the risk of him traveling to the deadly area. “We can lose a vice president,” he said, recounting his words to a crowd during an event on Friday. “We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke.” His story involved the captain dramatically telling Biden he didn't want the medal because his comrade ended up dying.

But after speaking with more than a dozen military and campaign sources, the Post determined the event "never happened" and that "almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect."

"It appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story," the Post's Matt Viser and Greg Jaffe wrote.

They added that Biden rattled off a slew of inaccurate facts in the span of just a few minutes.

"In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony," Viser and Jaffe wrote.

The Post reported that the crowd of 400 people in Hanover fell "silent" and the former vice president gave his "word as a Biden" that the story was true on Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...ar-story-false

I am thinking that if Biden is the Democrat candidate and he does win the election, at least we will have a very entertaining four years. It will be like a Monty Python skit.

It's like he thinks he shouldn't be factchecked.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Reminds me of when Brian Williams was going around telling about being shot down in a helicopter.

Or Hillary landing under sniper fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Reminds me of when Brian Williams was going around telling about being shot down in a helicopter.

Liberals should not play with military honor.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The question is, did Biden know he was lying, or is he so addled that he is no longer able to distinguish truth from fiction?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But that really happened, and there's video to prove it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              But that really happened, and there's video to prove it!

Wow, I'm compressed!

Comment

The question is, did Biden know he was lying, or is he so addled that he is no longer able to distinguish truth from fiction?
                yes

Comment

He gave his word as a Biden!

Usually when a politician makes a point to mention how honest he is, you need to start checking your pockets and counting your fingers after shaking their hand.

Comment

He gave his word as a Biden!

Usually when a politician makes a point to mention how honest he is, you need to start checking your pockets and counting your fingers after shaking their hand.
                    My favorite moment from the 2016 campaign season was when a Democrat candidate for governor said he admired Hillary for her honesty, and the audience began to laugh!

Comment

Much like how the media is going nuts over people looking into the past of reporters and the things they have said or done. Most recently a New York Times editor, Tom Wright-Piersanti had a number of his racist and anti-Semitic tweets revealed causing the New York Times to fume proclaiming that the targeting of individuals is wholly acceptable when they do it to other people, but not when other people do it to them.

You just can't make this stuff up.

And worse for the self-righteous indignant MSM and their how-dare-you-do-to-us-what-we-do-to-you double standard attitude, a recent poll has shown that the public wants the MSM to be scrutinized just as much as the MSM scrutinizes those they go after. 61% of likely voters polled say the MSM needs to be examined closely with only 19% disagreeing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Capture.jpg
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The Constitution gives a minimum age to be president (35). Sometimes I think they should have included a maximum age as well. When it was written, they had no idea how expansive the executive branch's duties would eventually become, but it's a grueling job and you can just see it from before-and-after pictures of anybody who does all eight years. Then there's the obvious issue of dementia. Reagan had no business being in office his last three years.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            The Constitution gives a minimum age to be president (35).
                            Not according to AOC. She says that the constitutional prohibition only applies to men.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Not according to AOC. She says that the constitutional prohibition only applies to men.
                              Then so does "all men are created equal", right?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment