Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pro-Abortion Group Plans to Release Children’s Book, Says Abortion is God's Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless that kid was me and knew what pregnancy meant.

So... if 8 year old me talked to her

woman: The doctor just sucks out the pregnancy through a straw...

me: What? That makes no sense! Pregnancy means that the mom has a baby inside of her. It's not the word for the baby!

woman: Um... aren't you a little confused? It isn't a baby, it's just a pregnancy!

me: I know where babies come from! I've read books and seen the pictures. A fetus looks just like a baby, and embryos don't stay that weird looking for long. My baby sister used to be like that and she couldn't be sucked through a straw!

Wonder what her response would be to that!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Unless that kid was me and knew what pregnancy meant.

So... if 8 year old me talked to her

woman: The doctor just sucks out the pregnancy through a straw...

me: What? That makes no sense! Pregnancy means that the mom has a baby inside of her. It's not the word for the baby!

woman: Um... aren't you a little confused? It isn't a baby, it's just a pregnancy!

me: I know where babies come from! I've read books and seen the pictures. A fetus looks just like a baby, and embryos don't stay that weird looking for long. My baby sister used to be like that and she couldn't be sucked through a straw!

Wonder what her response would be to that!
      probably would just snip your interview from the video. suck that interview right out!

Comment

Yeah, can't be outwitted by a child!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          She seemed to be careful to characterize the fetus as "the pregnancy" so as to abstract it into something happening to the mother, rather than it being a baby. Easier to get kids to agree if they think it is something that is helping the mother than if they thought the mother was killing their baby. "suck the pregnancy out. all better!"
          Nothing but a clump of cells. You don't want mommy "infected" by something like that do you? Best to suck that pregnancy out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Nothing but a clump of cells. You don't want mommy "infected" by something like that do you? Best to suck that pregnancy out.
            Would she like to be spaced? She is "just" a nonviable clump of cells that can't survive unprotected in the vacuum of space.

Comment

makes it sound like pregnancy is a disease like cancer.

Comment

makes it sound like pregnancy is a disease like cancer.
                That magically turns into a baby. Because of the personhood fairy!

Comment

If a "pregnancy" is "just a clump of cells", then that means something is very, very wrong, like a teratoma which is: A. very rare, and B. not viable by any stretch of the imagination. If you're talking about a normal, healthy pregnancy, there is never any stage at which the developing human can be described as a disorganized blob of cells. If the public school system did its job properly, people would be a little more familiar with biology and the "just a clump of cells" argument wouldn't fly.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I suppose even an adult human could be described as just a clump of cells with a reasonable factual basis, and the description be used as justification for post-natal abortion.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                      I suppose even an adult human could be described as just a clump of cells with a reasonable factual basis, and the description be used as justification for post-natal abortion.
                      Post-birth abortion is a view that appears to slowly but surely gaining support including at least one poster here that has promoted the idea.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Post-birth abortion is a view that appears to slowly but surely gaining support including at least one poster here that has promoted the idea.
                        Oh the humanity!
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

She also suggested that the pro-life movement is “propaganda because often the people that say that don’t want to take care of people who have babies that they can’t afford and then are totally poor.”
                          She's actually not without a point here. Far too many "pro-life" politicians seem content to try to restrict access to abortion without doing anything to address the motivations for them, which are frequently economic. For example, the United States does not mandate businesses to provide maternity leave, something that would help to reduce the number of abortions because it provides better financial security to people who are pregnant. The supposedly pro-life Republicans could have passed such a law while in control of both houses and the presidency, and it would have been unlikely to face opposition by Democrats (indeed, the states that have passed such laws--California, New Jersey, Rhode Island, New York, Washington, and Massachussetts--are dominated by Democrats).

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            She's actually not without a point here. Far too many "pro-life" politicians seem content to try to restrict access to abortion without doing anything to address the motivations for them, which are frequently economic. For example, the United States does not mandate businesses to provide maternity leave, something that would help to reduce the number of abortions because it provides better financial security to people who are pregnant. The supposedly pro-life Republicans could have passed such a law while in control of both houses and the presidency, and it would have been unlikely to face opposition by Democrats (indeed, the states that have passed such laws--California, New Jersey, Rhode Island, New York, Washington, and Massachussetts--are dominated by Democrats).
                            We have had no abortion laws in Canada for about 25 years now, so abortion is unrestricted, up to and including the moment of birth. And it is funded by the taxpayer. Including me, who hates that my taxes go toward this abominable act.

Canada has mandated mat leave for anyone who wants it. That has done nothing to decrease the frequency of abortions or to increase the number of adoptions as a result of a woman deciding not to have an abortion.

So your argument doesn't necessarily work.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              We have had no abortion laws in Canada for about 25 years now, so abortion is unrestricted, up to and including the moment of birth. And it is funded by the taxpayer. Including me, who hates that my taxes go toward this abominable act.

Canada has mandated mat leave for anyone who wants it. That has done nothing to decrease the frequency of abortions or to increase the number of adoptions as a result of a woman deciding not to have an abortion.

So your argument doesn't necessarily work.
                              US Christian who refuses to pay taxes until abortion is defunded has first big win in court

COLUMBIA CITY, Oregon, April 18, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Like 60% of Americans, Michael Bowman opposes taxpayer funding of abortion. Unlike most Americans, he is currently squaring off against the Internal Revenue Service to avoid doing so.

Bowman is a 53-year-old Christian and contract engineer in Columbia City, Oregon. He has refused to file a tax return or pay taxes since 1999, The Oregonian reports, citing the federal government’s funding of the abortion industry.

"I'm not a tax protester. I love my country,” he told the paper. “I have a duty to my country. I have a duty to my conscience.”

The IRS has sent him numerous warnings over unpaid taxes from 2002 to 2014, and in 2012 the Oregon Department of Revenue began garnishing money from Bowman’s bank account. In response, he started cashing out his paychecks and leaving only a minimum balance in his account.

This, federal prosecutors say, constituted “remov[ing] his income from the reach of taxing authorities.” They indicted him for felony tax evasion in the amount of $356,857, as well as four misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file tax returns.

Bowman’s attorney, Matthew Schindler, argued that his client was fully transparent every step of the way, from disclosing all of his paychecks to cashing them at his own bank, under his own name.

"Like a player collapsing as they lose Twister, the government has reached too far forward and stretched way too far back,'' his motion to dismiss read.

Last week, US District Judge Michael Mosman sided with Bowman on the felony charge, ruling that the feds failed to show he attempted to conceal income or deceive the government. Prosecutors remain free to re-introduce the charge in the future, and are currently weighing whether to do so.

On Tuesday, Bowman elaborated on his stand in an interview with CBN News.

"First, I would love to pay taxes so as to have a normal life, however, our government is using the tax dollars to fund Planned Parenthood; which commits abortions - the death of the innocent," Bowman said. “Apparently, a woman has the right to choose, but evidently, I do not.”

He also took aim at the common rejoinder that every American citizen has to pay taxes for things with which they might personally disagree, such as war. “You see, the Constitution grants certain abilities to the government, e.g. funding the military, but killing children is not a Constitutional backed, compelling interest of the government by any stretch of the imagination,” Bowman explained.

Planned Parenthood receives more than $500 million per year from the federal government, and performs more than 300,000 abortions. Federal law forbids taxpayer dollars from being directly spent on abortions, though pro-life groups argue that the money still enables abortion facilities to grow their reach and influence, and spend more revenue from other sources on abortions.

“All the government has to do is put a check box on the tax forms that says check here to support Planned Parenthood, and write in your donation amount," Bowman proposed. "Then, just like any church or charity, Planned Parenthood will be funded by those that have no problem with it, and the 150 million people like me that are pro-life, can pay their taxes and live knowing we kept our conscience clean.”

He vowed that he will continue his resistance as long as the government continues funding the abortion industry.

“My effort [is] about standing up, standing firm for my Constitutional rights, and getting the government to honor title 42 Chapter 21.b The Religious Freedom Restoration Act, so that I may live a peaceful life, and in the end face God, and hopefully have Him say, 'Well done, good and faithful servant!" he said.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/us...nded-has-first

Comment

While I can understand the sentiment of refusing to pay taxes due to dislike of what the government spends it on, I have trouble reconciling it with Romans 13:6, in which St. Paul tells Christians to pay their taxes to the Roman government. But plenty of things the Roman government spent money on at the time were un- if not outright anti-Christian. See also Luke 20:20-26.
                                Last edited by Terraceth; 02-25-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X